Wrestling Thread Mar 11-24 | 3/18 RAW - HHH Responds to Brock | Punk Still Has Taker's Urn

Coulda been worse I was expecting them to say Paul Bearer's ashes were in there then pour them all over Kane

Still like Punk interupting this better than interupting the Paul Bearer tribute. Joint was hilarious

Even though Bearer's death is terribly sad, you can't help but realize that something like this was what was needed to take this feud to another level.

Now this Mania match is much more than just the streak. They just made Punk the ******* heel that Cole was when he ******* on Lawler's mother, but this is a match that people actually wanna see.

With them hyping up the fact that the urn was essential in giving Taker his power you can't help but think that can be used to let punk go over.

Last edited:
I understand Punk being the douchebag heel, but WWE couldn't have just ended Raw with Taker and Kane posing to honor Paul Bearer?

It's not like Punk has to resort to doing that to get heat.

Or why not give Paul the big WrestleMania moment where Taker wins in his honor, WWE does some sort of hoopla that will be remembered forever since it will on on that show and DVD for years to come?

I thought that was great, the shot of Punk hitting Kane with the urn the first time with the lights dim for Taker was a great shot. Felt like an attitude era spot.

then rolling out of the ring holding the urn like a troll would gold a pot of gold of something, it felt very evil-ish.

Then Taker doing the throat slash...and punk doing the taker pose...awesome.

game on

I just don't think Punk should be relegated to attracting cheap heel heat. I was cool w/ the opening segment but not a fan of the final one.

Worst RAW in quite a while. Even the matches were weak. 3 hour show and can't get the timing right on anything...promos too long, entrances too short.
sick.gif

Ok, you can obviously see where the WWE is going with this now. But what were the plans before Paul died? The writers lucked out after that abysmal battle royal to decide who faced Taker.

- In a follow-up from the earlier post, WWE confirmed that Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett will defend his title on next week's RAW from Pittsburgh against The Miz and Chris Jericho in a three-way. 

- In a follow-up from the earlier post, WWE confirmed that Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett will defend his title on next week's RAW from Pittsburgh against The Miz and Chris Jericho in a three-way. 

Yea, let's not give this a solid build for Mania :rolleyes

I read earlier in this thread that they're giving away Mark Henry vs Ryback next week too? Can someone confirm this? I was distracted most of the second half by the JT album. :lol:

I read earlier in this thread that they're giving away Mark Henry vs Ryback next week too? Can someone confirm this? I was distracted most of the second half by the JT album.
laugh.gif
How is it btw? JT has been my dude ever since he banged Jessica Biel

I read earlier in this thread that they're giving away Mark Henry vs Ryback next week too? Can someone confirm this? I was distracted most of the second half by the JT album. :lol:

:lol: Honestly I was too...

It's flames.. btw.

How is it btw? JT has been my dude ever since he banged Jessica Biel
It absolutely lives up to the quality of music that we've come to expect out of Justin Timberlake. Timbo came HARD on this project too. :pimp: :pimp: No skippables for me.

Back
Top Bottom