Wrestling Thread June 2-15 | 6/12 WWE Releases 10 Talents, JTG Still Employed

Starting "The Squared Circle" by David Shoemaker. Third time saying it, dude is one of the most brilliant wrestling minds I've come across. 

Man I feel like DC trying to make ya'll become hip on things outside Youtube, the Network and Raw. 

vXAU3eJ.jpg

Hard to tell from my phone, what is he landing on?

That Stardust theme really is a straight out of 98 Jim Johnston classic. How the hell did Cesaro end up with that mess he has :lol: ?

Random memory. Do any of the DC-MD folks remember a show called "Inside the Squared Circle"? I forget what (local) channel it came on, but it was so dope. It was absolutely no budget but it was so damn entertaining.

Starting "The Squared Circle" by David Shoemaker. Third time saying it, dude is one of the most brilliant wrestling minds I've come across. 

Man I feel like DC trying to make ya'll become hip on things outside Youtube, the Network and Raw. 
You know these dudes can't read man.

Random memory. Do any of the DC-MD folks remember a show called "Inside the Squared Circle"? I forget what (local) channel it came on, but it was so dope. It was absolutely no budget but it was so damn entertaining.
Yes. In DC it came on channel 25. Will DUnham, Massive Mike, X-Man. Great show. How I got hipped to Smokey Mountain Wrestling even though I didn't appreciate it back then. Was part of my great wrestling history as a ch

I used to always call. "The Liger Lover"

Gave that Rollins theme a second listen and damn that sucks :lol: I'm trying to picture it with words to see if that would make it better, but I dont think that would help either

:x @ 1:52 mark. That man Richocet has some beautiful leapfrogs. (No CaseGame)

Interesting to note. His name wasn't PAC, it was PACK. Because he had a 6 PACK when he was little. Learned that from the Colt Cabana podcast with Richocet. But I know yall dudes don't own headphones so I won't push it on you

But yea, Neville is amazing man. Look at how he holds himself up after he misses his splashing dives. There are a few in here. CORE strength man

:x @ The finish

Last edited:
[Flair on His Clothes]

"Pat Riley wears Giorgio Armani suits; the ‘Nature Boy’ wears Ric Flair suits. Custom made from only the finest silks, cottons, and linens, because only the best gets to touch this body. Pocket squares made out of such fine fabrics that you wouldn’t dream of using them to wipe your nose. Bally’s shoes for the feet. As for undergarments, some might say why bother, but I say give the women something else to unwrap. A silk number with three buttons is just right. I’ve never heard a single complaint. Whooooooo!”

Flair is a wild dude
laugh.gif
Gave that Rollins theme a second listen and damn that sucks
laugh.gif
I'm trying to picture it with words to see if that would make it better, but I dont think that would help either
Yeah, they gave him something you'd expect Michael Cole or JR to come out too
mean.gif

i heard that AOW podcast. 'Chet seems like a cool dude

cant cut a promo for anything, but hell of a performer

Stardust really looks like it's going to takeoff well. If cody uses different moves with the Stardust character I see it sticking for a while.

The first time I saw that candy spot I thought "Legos would be another good one".

Then it happened.

Man I've read a ton of wrestling books..I actually have this one on reserve at my library..Just waiting for it to be my turn then I'm starting it..

Inside the Squared Circle was one of my all time favorite shows!

Generic Insults instantly for anyone mentioning the Ultimate Warrior lol

Athena is cute but she looks like she reeks of cigarette smoke and I get an Alicia Foxx vibe from her (not into black guys),

Last edited:

I read his book last November. It was a really good read. I'd say more, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

View media item 1033771
"Ric Flair’s Guide to Stylin’ and Profilin’" - WCW Magazine [September 1993]

If you want to have a looker like Fifi on your arm just like Ric Flair, you better take his advice to heart.

[Flair on His Clothes]

"Pat Riley wears Giorgio Armani suits; the ‘Nature Boy’ wears Ric Flair suits. Custom made from only the finest silks, cottons, and linens, because only the best gets to touch this body. Pocket squares made out of such fine fabrics that you wouldn’t dream of using them to wipe your nose. Bally’s shoes for the feet. As for undergarments, some might say why bother, but I say give the women something else to unwrap. A silk number with three buttons is just right. I’ve never heard a single complaint. Whooooooo!”

[Flair on Food]

"Here are a few words for all you men and women out there who can’t resist a trip to the refrigerator and have it stuffed full of Triple Brownie Overload ice cream and Kentucky Fried Chicken leftovers.
We’re human beings, not animals, and we should be able to control what we eat. When I go out to a fine French restaurant, I want a little glass of wine, a small salad, my main course, and maybe a light dessert. Maybe. To be the man, you have to have class, and class means control and reason. Being a slob means swallowing without chewing and eating anything that’s shoved in front of your face. By the way, you’ll never find me in one of those fast food restaurants. I carefully control what’s thrown into this body, and if it’s not prime, grade-A, or fresh, it’s not getting past my lips.”

[Flair on Women]

"Blondes, brunettes, redheads, it doesn’t matter. Only an insecure jerk cares what color hair his woman has. I’m not saying what’s outside doesn’t matter, because it does. But I’ve seen just as many ravishing redheads as bodacious blondes. Whooooooo! If you’re fat and out of shape, you don’t stand a chance. I like my women slim and busy, but don’t bother applying if you’re a human X-ray, either. College-educated women have it all over dropouts, but don’t go out of your way to display your encyclopedic knowledge. In my relationships, only one person can wear the pants, and that’s the man.”

assuming you have a physical copy of this, since you are posting article excerpts, did you just keep it from the og run or is there somewhere you're copping from?​

Back
Top Bottom