Wrestling Thread Jul 14 - Aug 3 | 7/31 WWE Announces Network Subscriptions, Predict The #!

How many subscribers will WWE announce for the WWE Network?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1,000,000+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I randomly turned on ABC Family and there is a movie with the Channing Tatum dude and he is dancing or something. Did he rip off John Cena's gimmick because I SWEAR this is John Cena in this movie man. The Thug Passion Gimmick of John Cena
I wasn't watching wrestling at the time where Cena was the thug/rapper... I'm now getting hip to because of YT and the Network... did people really enjoy this dude's character? I really don't understand it. The thuganomics, voice, rapping, etc. was super corny

Anyone who was watching during this time, can you chime in??

I randomly turned on ABC Family and there is a movie with the Channing Tatum dude and he is dancing or something. Did he rip off John Cena's gimmick because I SWEAR this is John Cena in this movie man. The Thug Passion Gimmick of John Cena

I wasn't watching wrestling at the time where Cena was the thug/rapper... I'm now getting hip to because of YT and the Network... did people really enjoy this dude's character? I really don't understand it. The thuganomics, voice, rapping, etc. was super corny

Anyone who was watching during this time, can you chime in??

He had some downright hilarious promos during that time, especially against Brock Lesnar. I was :rofl: at Royal Rumble 03 when he freestyled the entire time during his entrance until the next person's number counted down, over that really crappy 1995 sounding theme he had. Cena was way more entertaining back then, unlike his stiff as a board promos today where he just uses templates and replaces people's names. Thuganomics theme >>>>. Cena vs Eddie/Taker/Angle/Rey :pimp: :pimp:. Him vs Brock back then wasn't nearly as good as it was when they faced each other last year though.

Suzuki vs. Style G1 Day 7. Bruh. Imma have to watch again but that could be MOTY right there.

Last edited:
Suzuki vs. Style G1 Day 7. Bruh. Imma have to watch again but that could be MOTY right there.

Man that was a very good match..I don't know about MOTY..I thought the outside interference was kinda unnecessary and those ankle lock transitions were pretty sloppy..But overall that is definitely one of the best matches of the year..Loved the story telling through the whole thing..

Yeah I probably overreacted a little, but still a definite top 5 of the year right now. I loved the work of Suzuki in this match; the facial mannerisms, arm work, and even FINGER MANIPULATION, was all awesome. Agree that the interference was unnecessary, but that's been the Bullet Club's schtick for a while now so I'm used to it.

Last edited:
Yeah I probably overreacted a little, but still a definite top 5 of the year right now. I loved the work of Suzuki in this match; the facial mannerisms, arm work, and even FINGER MANIPULATION, was all awesome. Agree that the interference was unnecessary, but that's been the Bullet Club's schtick for a while now so I'm used to it.

Yeah if I was up more on my Japanese wrestling the Bullet Club thing probably wouldn't have been a big deal to me..Just seemed like it served no purpose..

I wasn't even gonna say anything cause I figured y'all would think I was stupid, but Suzuki's work on AJ fingers was great..Such a little thing, but to me, added so much to the match..Even when he was cinching that armbar, he'd crank the fingers too..And honestly AJ's selling in the match was basically perfect..It wasn't this over the top stupid selling, but it was just the right amount of facial and vocal expressions that made the whole thing work..And his face when Suzuki had him in the sleeper was priceless..I'm gonna give it a solid 4 STAR match rating..

Just got done watching Block A match between Shelton Benjamin and Shinsuke Nakamura..It was an entertaining match..But Shelton just did seem like he was that into it..Feel like it could've been alot better than it was..Nothing to get geeked up over..

^ check out the two matches that follow Suzuki/Styles on Day 7, Katsuyori Shibata vs. Yuji Nagata and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii. Haven't seen them yet, but I heard good things.

Last edited:
I gotta get up on this g1 stuff.

Cesaro was gold, and now his push is being delayed. Don't get that. He's ready for it. Same with Jeans. I'm a big fan of Roman but he needs more seasoning before being thrust fully into the limelight. Jeans and Cesaro should be right behind Chena and Migos while the Dazzler recovers.

Not gonna lie either but I'm a fan of Fandango. More so the actual dude than the gimmick. But he's done well with it. Think he could be a very solid mid carder.

With them cutting costs, why not force the insurance salesman to retire. But that's Vince's dude tho.

Heyman is gold during his entrances. The way he looks at his wrestler with that stupid smile and adulation. Gold.

Last edited:

These 2 harlots are out here sucking off every single one of Fandango's opponents.
He needs to make a thread in General.
laugh.gif
 So true though

The new network subscriber number is 700k through June.
sick.gif
And as of the investors' call, it was actually 690k.

Between 4/7 and 6/30 they added 161,000 subscribers, but had 128,000 cancellations.  The fact they had that many cancelations on a service you "can't cancel" is very disturbing.  Unless WWE takes the entire $60 up front, this is just going to keep happening.  You can easily use PayPal or a prepaid debit card to stop paying whenever you want.

Those cancellations damn. I don't get that. Network is worth 10 bucks a month if you're a fan of the company. Guess they need to add those old Raws, etc. quicker and consider a partnership with other promotions. I mean to me, it just makes sense to work out a deal with NJPW or one of those Japanese promotions to help gain that demographic when it roles out in their country. Same even goes with AAA and the other bigger promotions around the world. Content is king. Vince needs to sit down with Reed Hastings.

Whoever brought up the WWE Network should be the ESPN Hub of the Wrestlign World like UFC Fight Pass was, good stuff. @4wrestling and somebody else, I forget.

Had no idea about all those cancellations. That whole "90% satisfaction rate" sounds even dumber than before.

Last edited:
Do cancelations before the 6 month commitment is up just mean the card was declined and they shut people off?

Do cancelations before the 6 month commitment is up just mean the card was declined and they shut people off?

Yea I tried to cancel mine 40 MINUTES after signing up and they gave me the biggest deal to do it, saying that they can't...I just went to the bank the next day and changed my debit card number...**** them

Back
Top Bottom