Wrestling Thread January 2nd-31st/NXT Takeover Tonight At 8PM ET/NTWT Royal Rumble Info On Page 1/Ro

Watched 96 and 96 rumbles last night and always forget how bad these were. 95 by far is the worst IMO

I watched the 1999 Rumble the other day. As a kid I was so into the whole Austin fighting in the bathroom, being taken out in an ambulance and then coming back JUST to be distracted by Rock and eliminated by Vince.

They did the same thing last year with Roman and he got so much heat. :lol:

Just in this match alone, Benoit misses a flying headbutt off the top of the ladder and then does a suicide dive to the outside and gets hit in the head with a chair. Very eerie watching stuff like this...

Just in this match alone, Benoit misses a flying headbutt off the top of the ladder and then does a suicide dive to the outside and gets hit in the head with a chair. Very eerie watching stuff like this...

one of sickest chair shots to the head I've ever seen :x

The fact that Benoit and others have had the demise the had from entertaining us...makes me feel a little guilty.

The fact that Benoit and others have had the demise the had from entertaining us...makes me feel a little guilty.

Yea I haven't watched very many Benoit matches the past few years, specifically ones that are really focused on him.

ETh69FX.gif

Last edited:
I, honestly, don't think I've watched a single Benoit match since the tragedy..

Bret is top 5 wrestler..Didn't sell like HH or Austin or Ceener, but his in ring skill smokes those 3..

I, honestly, don't think I've watched a single Benoit match since the tragedy..

Bret is top 5 wrestler..Didn't sell like HH or Austin or Ceener, but his in ring skill smokes those 3..

Agree but top five overall ?

Last edited:

Bret Hart flourished after a lot of the big stars from the 80s wrestling boom were washed or retired. Those were his peers. He never rose
to the top until after those other stars ran their career cycles.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

Bret Hart flourished after a lot of the big stars from the 80s wrestling boom were washed or retired. Those were his peers. He never rose
to the top until after those other stars ran their career cycles.

Just something to think about.

I'm talking "TOTAL PACKAGE" wrestler , charisma , box office draw etc .... who belongs in the top 5

(IMO) HOGAN , AUSTIN , CENA , Ric Flair and HBK

I'm talking "TOTAL PACKAGE" wrestler , charisma , box office draw etc .... who belongs in the top 5

(IMO) HOGAN , AUSTIN , CENA , Ric Flair and HBK

One can certainly exclude Bret from your list solely off his lack of charisma. I wouldn't have a problem with that either as I agree that he is not "Top 5" material. Damb great but not top 5.

Also - not a a bad list!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom