Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

Deep Sea with that Vinnie Mac mentality man. So when Trips finally takes over and we all know it'll happen eventually and he has smaller guys carrying the title you won't like the product bc of that?

Ultimo there are degrees of suspension of disbelief. You have to give me a reason to do so man.

Of course I know it is fake but don't remind me it is. That is all I axe

Ultimo there are degrees of suspension of disbelief. You have to give me a reason to do so man.

Of course I know it is fake but don't remind me it is. That is all I axe
You are the reason Nakamura is going to wrestle Godzilla on Main Event in 9 months. 

Lol, but they happened regardless. I don't get the logic of wrestling having to be so legitimate or serious. I'm positive UFC or boxing lightweights smaller than AJ would put the works on 95% of WWEs roster. We got people who took advantage of someones wife tag-teaming a year later, demons, dead people with thunder fingers, etc. Look at all the dumb crap in wrestling, and say is AJ being world champ that farfetched.
LOL The conversation wasn't about it HAPPENING, it was about it being successful and/or taken serious.

First thing I said is AJ isn't a believable World Heavyweight Champ

All you took away was the first line of that paragraph? Believable and pro wrestling shouldn't be an issue. Thats where I'm getting at.

You are the reason Nakamura is going to wrestle Godzilla on Main Event in 9 months. 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

All you took away was the first line of that paragraph? Believable and pro wrestling shouldn't be an issue. Thats where I'm getting at.
See that is where we differ, I believe it SHOULD be believable. We can agree to disagree
Its real easy to book a match where its "believable" for a smaller opponent to win.
It depends on who the small wrestler is an who the other wrestler is. But we aren't simply discussing WINS and LOSES. We are talking about actual title reigns. Big difference. 

DC not even cool with Eddie being champ? Damn
mean.gif
Eddie is in my Top 10 all time, but him being the #1 of a whole company, nah man. I can't buy that.
Some of y'all are hilarious talking about you could beat up pro wrestlers
Don't you realize that even the small dudes live in the gym and have muscles you could only dream of having
Not to mention ridiculous cardio and that most have the ability to be hyper aware of they're surroundings
Your looking at them on a screen or monitor so they appear to be small but even the smallest guys are wider and more built than an average person
On another note this is supposed to be looked at as a professional sport when we suspend suspend our belief
That being said everyone on the roster is supposed to be looked at as something special because they made it there
With some of your logic I bet you would look at someone like Bruce Lee and mutter to yourself "I can take him" 
eyes.gif
Nobody was serious about them whooping a pro wrestler man LOL.  Simmer down. 

But I do feel there is a problem if you look at the WORLD CHAMPION and think you stand a chance in a one-on-one battle.

Last edited:
I feel like this an elaborate plan by DC to impress BDB.
Nah, I know @brendasdeadbaby  feels the same way as I do but I am being dead serious here man. I want the wrestling business get back to where it once was. That won't happen if "ordinary dudes" are on top running things. That isn't going to draw folks in.

Yall forget that wrestling is essentially a circus, nobody goes to look at the circus to see people that look like them. They want to see abnormal looking humans do abnormal things.

There is a place for Dolph, Rey, Seth, Daniel Bryan, but that isn't being the champion of the world.

kids sure, but society is far enough along where people are off of that freak of nature stuff.

Nobody was serious about them whooping a pro wrestler man LOL.  Simmer down. 

But I do feel there is a problem if you look at the WORLD CHAMPION and think you stand a chance in a one-on-one battle.

Haha I'm not getting hot or nothing, just saying with that logic no one can be champion if they don't look like a massive warrior. It would kill what most of is love about wrestling and that's the connection we get from people who can really get over. It's all about suspended belief so there is no reason a small guy who's good shouldn't be the champion

Last edited:
Smaller guys beat the dog **** out of bigger guys all the time in the real world
You are missing the point. That is so far from what this discussion is about.
Haha I'm not getting hot or nothing, just saying with that logic no one can be champion if they don't look like a massive warrior. It would kill what most of is love about wrestling and that's the connection we get from people who can really get over. It's all about suspended belief so there is no reason a small guy who's good shouldn't be the champion
Again, I never said that "ordinary dudes" aren't allowed to be successful. I simply said you have to be careful with who you are putting that title on. There are plenty of other ways folks can get over than being the WORLD champion

I think Seth Rollins's title reign was weak for a few reasons.

1. He was booked like a b****

2. He LOOKS like a B****

Nah, I know @brendasdeadbaby  feels the same way as I do but I am being dead serious here man. I want the wrestling business get back to where it once was. That won't happen if "ordinary dudes" are on top running things. That isn't going to draw folks in.

Yall forget that wrestling is essentially a circus, nobody goes to look at the circus to see people that look like them. They want to see abnormal looking humans do abnormal things.

There is a place for Dolph, Rey, Seth, Daniel Bryan, but that isn't being the champion of the world.
The entire 90's run of AJPW laughs at this entire post. Misawa for all intents & purposes looked like an angry Asian dad and they sold out Tokyo Dome after Tokyo Dome. 

The entire 90's run of AJPW laughs at this entire post. Misawa for all intents & purposes looked like an angry Asian dad and they sold out Tokyo Dome after Tokyo Dome. 
Ultimo, you know that MANY times in this discussion I said these "rules" only apply to American Wrestling, specifically WWE. 

Nah, I know @brendasdeadbaby
 feels the same way as I do but I am being dead serious here man. I want the wrestling business get back to where it once was. That won't happen if "ordinary dudes" are on top running things. That isn't going to draw folks in.

DC these marks are a product of the attitude/Monday night wars/ecw era which we both agreed breed terrible habits still seen today. Can't talk to these marks about it they are in fantasy land. Now stop "@" me b. not in the states and I get a email pop up every time

Back
Top Bottom