Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

I see what you're saying..But having a guaranteed title run kinda goes with what you said..Cause if you have a run a World champ then you'll get more tv time, which means more exposure, which means a better chance to connect with the fans, which means a better chance at selling merchandise..And I know it's a made World title, but I still gotta think that some of these guys that have been wrestling for over a decade still would like to say they've been WWE Champion and entrusted with that top spot..
I mean maybe...this is all conjecture but if I had to guess Vince would never allow a guaranteed world title run to someone that's never worked for him previously, no matter what kind of indy cred they're walking in with before they signed. Daniel Bryan was the #1 indy guy in the world before he signed with the E and he was relegated to a pseudo-reality show -- doesn't exactly scream confidence. 

It'd be too much of a diceroll for Vince IMO for him to allow that. 

No, but I agree with his mentality to a degree man. I think THE world champion needs to look like he could whoop just about any human placed in front of him. If you world champion is 5'9 and less than 200 lbs, who are you fooling? 

Like Rey winning the belt was a complete JOKE. a JOKE. ZERO believablity.

I love technical wrestling and enjoy a little high flying every now and then (when it makes sense), but these little munchkins can't be the face of your company. It makes the sport look FAKE

Like when them dudes said Daniel Bryan beating Brock can be believable? :smh:

AJ is cool as a world champion in Japan, where humans are just overall smaller.

But in American, for the #1 company in the World, EYE would want my world champion to walk into a jail and be taken as a serious threat upon first view.

Seth doesn't pass
Dean doesn't pass
Roman can pass if treated correctly
Brock passes.
Owens passes
Samoa Joe passes
Finn doesn't pass
Zayn doesn't pass

AJ should be working on that IC / US Title level. I guess US since that has been established as the #2 belt.

If a regular human looks at the tv screen and tells themselves, "Man I would punish dude" when looking at your world champion, that is a problem
what about dbry?

Like when them dudes said Daniel Bryan beating Brock can be believable?
mean.gif
Joke, but yall keep letting damn @brendasdeadbaby  trick yall into believing these little ROH dudes can carry the company.

The best "blend" of both worlds is Cesaro. Size, strength, in-ring. Once they get him going, if ever, he could be taken seriously.

I am a short dude, 5'10; EYE shouldn't be able to look at someone in an OPEN-WEIGHT combat sport, and think I have ANY chance of whooping dude.

That is how I feel when looking at Seth Rollins and AJ Styles. If EYE feel that way, nah man, you can't be the damn champ
what about dbry?
He is a nice fairy tale story, world champion, nah man. He is a munchkin. 

Last edited:
No, but I agree with his mentality to a degree man. I think THE world champion needs to look like he could whoop just about any human placed in front of him. If you world champion is 5'9 and less than 200 lbs, who are you fooling? 

Like Rey winning the belt was a complete JOKE. a JOKE. ZERO believablity.

I love technical wrestling and enjoy a little high flying every now and then (when it makes sense), but these little munchkins can't be the face of your company. It makes the sport look FAKE

I think it also depends on how the talent is being portrayed to the fans..Like Benoit was a small dude, but he was booked to be this vicious technical wrestling machine so it made it believable to put the belt on him..Rey just was never going to be able to be a realistic champ..His size was way too much to overcome..

If you have a smaller wrestler then you have to book him like Heyman did Taz in ECW..He would've made an excellent champion in WWE and the fans would've totally bought him as such..

I mean maybe...this is all conjecture but if I had to guess Vince would never allow a guaranteed world title run to someone that's never worked for him previously, no matter what kind of indy cred they're walking in with before they signed. Daniel Bryan was the #1 indy guy in the world before he signed with the E and he was relegated to a pseudo-reality show -- doesn't exactly scream confidence. 

It'd be too much of a diceroll for Vince IMO for him to allow that. 

What about the secondary titles?..You think they could negotiate, let's say, 2 IC title runs for X amount of time?..I have to think these guys don't just come in with no plan on how to their careers are going to go and just sign the contracts..

This is why they needed to put more emphasis on lighter divisions.

Look at the UFC. Biggest fight in history was a damn featherweight fight

Idk why you guys want brand splits when they can barely make an entertaining show with what they have. Splitting brands just means more watered down products.

AJ is cool as a world champion in Japan, where humans are just overall smaller.

But in American, for the #1 company in the World, EYE would want my world champion to walk into a jail and be taken as a serious threat upon first view.

Seth doesn't pass

Dean doesn't pass

Roman can pass if treated correctly

Brock passes.

Owens passes

Samoa Joe

Finn doesn't pass

Zayn doesn't pass

AJ should be working on that IC / US Title level. I guess US since that has been established as the #2 belt.

If a regular human looks at the tv screen and tells themselves, "Man I would punish dude" when looking at your world champion, that is a problem
Vince is that you? 
I'm saying tho, this aint the 70's. lets just get the best product out there.

Last edited:
So realistically who would beyour contenders for the whc then? Brock ,Owens ,ramon ,joe,cesaro....?
Brock

Owens 

Reigns

Cesaro

Joe

Corbin (He is still green, but he LOOKS the part. He is still early in the business though)

Nobody else right now comes to mind as world title worthy

Bray is too much of a joke right now. Maybe if he didn't talk so damn much. But his character shouldn't even care about belts

Yea, the IC title should just serve as the "Cruiserweight" belt. I don't think they need to use the name Cruiserweight to have a cruiserweight division.

And if the division is taken seriously, SURE it could headline a show. I would love to see that. And maybe we can have special attraction matches between "weight" divisions. That would be nice.

But.........you know, this is WWE

Agreed with DeepSea on Bray. He's the type that doesn't need a title to solidify himself. Then again, IDK what it will take based off how he's been booked for the past few feuds.

Owens is not intimidating any inmates because of his appearance

Let's be serious here
This. This man wrestles in basketball shorts with a comic book store neckbeard like you wouldn't believe. You know why you think he's credible? Because he's booked strongly and is a compelling character. 

This. This man wrestles in basketball shorts with a comic book store neckbeard like you wouldn't believe. You know why you think he's credible? Because he's booked strongly and is a compelling character. 

And there we have it

This. The current PPV king is a 145 lb Irishman. Booking and being able to be a compelling character absolutely outweighs physical stature. 

All of this. Let your heavyweight champ defend it one month. Next month let your JR heavyweight/lightweight champ defend it the next. Just put emphasis on each title.

Last edited:
If they would have the balls to do so, they would have had the IC title headline all those shows when Brock was holding the strap hostage.

Look at NJPW, they headline their shows with the IC belt.

Back
Top Bottom