Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

AJ's matches have been good, but these dudes are definitely not well acquainted with his moveset.

That "Asai Pele Kick" was totally supposed to be his Flipping Reverse DDT. I'm just hoping WWE doesn't sour on him for the mistiming of some of his moves. Really want to see him and Nakamura flourish. They could definitely bring prestige back to the IC title as @Meangene45 stated.

AJ Styles kinda makes me wish the Big Gold belt was still around

Last edited:
Man I wish they'd do a brand split and put Style, Nakamura, Owens, Finn, Neville, and the women on SD and have the Big Gold be that brand's belt..

I would be down with another Brand Split. My ideal Smackdown roster with Mauro as the announcer would be Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Rollins, Samoa Joe, Balor, Neville, Zayn, Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Kalisto the divas and ditch the divas belt and bring back the womens championship and fill out the roster with some other guys. For sure bring back Big Gold like Case said and make that their main title.

Last edited:
i would love to see Styles flourish as a World Champ in WWE, but with them grooming Reigns as thee baby face and there being one strap now it's hard to see him flourish. Hopefully they let him keep that move set and get the unfamiliar people aquianted.

Do you guys think that when these more established guys, IE: Styles, Owens, Nakamura, and Joe, come to the table to negotiate they have title runs/ppv main events put into their contract?..

Do you guys think that when these more established guys, IE: Styles, Owens, Nakamura, and Joe, come to the table to negotiate they have title runs/ppv main events put into their contract?..

I don't doubt it at all..

Was probably in Rio's contract after he returned

I know I would if I was a wrestler.. WWE is a joke anyway.. HHH main eventing Wrestlemania as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion .. :rofl:

i would love to see Styles flourish as a World Champ in WWE, but with them grooming Reigns as thee baby face and there being one strap now it's hard to see him flourish. Hopefully they let him keep that move set and get the unfamiliar people aquianted.
He isn't a believable World Champ He doesn't pass the eye test.

I have my doubts on this...I think stuff like points on merchandise would be a bigger sticking point than world title runs because it'd be tough to shoehorn guaranteed title runs with the on the fly booking style that the E is known for. 

He isn't a believable World Champ He doesn't pass the eye test.

That on top of the fact he's a pillar of TNA wrestling. I doubt he sees a title match unless it's a battle royal type match. Which is sad.

AJ is cool as a world champion in Japan, where humans are just overall smaller.

But in American, for the #1 company in the World, EYE would want my world champion to walk into a jail and be taken as a serious threat upon first view.

Seth doesn't pass

Dean doesn't pass

Roman can pass if treated correctly

Brock passes.

Owens passes

Samoa Joe passes

Finn doesn't pass

Zayn doesn't pass

AJ should be working on that IC / US Title level. I guess US since that has been established as the #2 belt.

If a regular human looks at the tv screen and tells themselves, "Man I would punish dude" when looking at your world champion, that is a problem

Last edited:
That on top of the fact he's a pillar of TNA wrestling. I doubt he sees a title match unless it's a battle royal type match. Which is sad.
I just don't think he has the look of a World Champion of the #1 company in the world. No offense to him, he is a great talent but dude looked small next to damn Jericho and Jericho isn't big by any stretch

I have my doubts on this...I think stuff like points on merchandise would be a bigger sticking point than world title runs because it'd be tough to shoehorn guaranteed title runs with the on the fly booking style that the E is known for. 

I see what you're saying..But having a guaranteed title run kinda goes with what you said..Cause if you have a run a World champ then you'll get more tv time, which means more exposure, which means a better chance to connect with the fans, which means a better chance at selling merchandise..And I know it's a made World title, but I still gotta think that some of these guys that have been wrestling for over a decade still would like to say they've been WWE Champion and entrusted with that top spot..

AJ is cool as a world champion in Japan, where humans are just overall smaller.

But in American, for the #1 company in the World, EYE would want my world champion to walk into a jail and be taken as a serious threat upon first view.

Seth doesn't pass

Dean doesn't pass

Roman can pass if treated correctly

Brock passes.

Owens passes

Samoa Joe

Finn doesn't pass

Zayn doesn't pass

AJ should be working on that IC / US Title level. I guess US since that has been established as the #2 belt.

If a regular human looks at the tv screen and tells themselves, "Man I would punish dude" when looking at your world champion, that is a problem
Vince is that you? 

Vince is that you? 
No, but I agree with his mentality to a degree man. I think THE world champion needs to look like he could whoop just about any human placed in front of him. If you world champion is 5'9 and less than 200 lbs, who are you fooling? 

Like Rey winning the belt was a complete JOKE. a JOKE. ZERO believablity.

I love technical wrestling and enjoy a little high flying every now and then (when it makes sense), but these little munchkins can't be the face of your company. It makes the sport look FAKE

Back
Top Bottom