Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

The mental gymnastics some of you perform to purposefully miss someone's points is astounding. 

When has someone jumping ship actually mattered post WCW closedown when it comes to carrying heat?

They don't hear you man. :smh:

If they ain't a Vince creation they a heat less jobber :smh:

Last edited:
Who said whale should be the official wwe rapper cause he was at raw today. Check out rick ross snap

Reminds me of when he posted the G1 spoilers in the thread title :lol:.

That was so hilarious..I think that was the exact moment when everyone realized he was female dog..

:lol: at case thinking random ppl know who Nakamura & Styles are

Theyre big in the IWC but they aint household names like The Rock even if we act like they are

I didn't say random people..I said the average wrestling fan..I'm 10000% sure that the 8 yr kid that's watched wrestling for a year or the guy who hasn't watched since Austin was champ or the guy who showed up to Raw cause his friend didn't have nobody else to go with have no clue who Shinsuke or Styles is..I was just saying that the average wrestling fan probably is aware of them due to social media and internet..And I'm not even saying they're fans of them or have watched their work..I'm just saying they're aware..Hell, WrestleKingdom 9 & 10 was trending the whole day on Yahoo, Twitter, and Facebook..So is it too far fetched to think an regular wrestling fan didn't click on those links while they was up the whole day and see what the deal was?..

C'mon man nobody, even Cena, is on Rock's level..More people know him from movies than wrestling..Nobody is comparing Nakamura, Styles, Bullet Club, or even Cena to Flex Kavana..

Last edited:
That was so hilarious..I think that was the exact moment when everyone realized he was female dog..
I didn't say random people..I said the average wrestling fan..I'm 10000% sure that the 8 yr kid that's watched wrestling for a year or the guy who hasn't watched since Austin was champ or the guy who showed up to Raw cause his friend didn't have nobody else to go with have no clue who Shinsuke or Styles is..I was just saying that the average wrestling fan probably is aware of them due to social media and internet..And I'm not even saying they're fans of them or have watched their work..I'm just saying they're aware..Hell, WrestleKingdom 9 & 10 was trending the whole day on Yahoo, Twitter, and Facebook..So is it too far fetched to think an regular wrestling fan didn't click on those links while they was up the whole day and see what the deal was?..

C'mon man nobody, even Cena, is on Rock's level..More people know him from movies than wrestling..Nobody is comparing Nakamura, Styles, Bullet Club, or even Cena to Flex Kavana..

Na still wrong case. one of my employees is average/casual wrestling fan dude had no idea who da hell a aj styles was. he asked me today and I told him some bum from tna and njpw.

Agreed 100% with everything your saying. The idea of an "IWC" is not as applicable as it once was in 2001. EVERYONE HAS THE INTERNET NOW. 

The point (as I understand it) that some people are trying to make is that it's not far fetched to think that more people might know about a Nakamura or a Styles than you'd think. Does that mean that he's gonna get this humongous reception in Corpus Christi right off the bat? Absolutely not, and I don't think anybody is trying to argue that point.

Does it help to be a household name before coming into the E in 2016? I guess (didn't work for Goldberg or Steiner, and really outside of the E who would be considered a household name), but being booked strongly trumps this a thousand times over when it comes to connecting with an audience. 

Last edited:
everyone has the internet but it doesn't mean they are on it looking for wrestling related stuff even if they are slightly interested in it

Na still wrong case. one of my employees is average/casual wrestling fan dude had no idea who da hell a aj styles was. he asked me today and I told him some bum from tna and njpw.

But that's 1 person out of millions that watch WWE programming each week..I completely see you guys' point and you're probably right..Like I said, it's likely just wishful thinking on my part..But I got 3 friends on FB that watch Raw religiously and have the Network..All 3 asked me if I knew how they could watch WK10 cause they saw it trending on FB and saw my post saying I was gonna watch it..Now all of them know who Shinsuke, Bullet Club, Okada and Tanahashi are..And 2 of them now watch NJPW on AXStv and are getting hip to their product..1 or 2 of them went to the last ROH show in town and know who Styles and Lethal are because of ROH (neither knew they'd been in TNA :lol: )..

But that's 1 person out of millions that watch WWE programming each week..I completely see you guys' point and you're probably right..Like I said, it's likely just wishful thinking on my part..But I got 3 friends on FB that watch Raw religiously and have the Network..All 3 asked me if I knew how they could watch WK10 cause they saw it trending on FB and saw my post saying I was gonna watch it..Now all of them know who Shinsuke, Bullet Club, Okada and Tanahashi are..And 2 of them now watch NJPW on AXStv and are getting hip to their product..1 or 2 of them went to the last ROH show in town and know who Styles and Lethal are because of ROH (neither knew they'd been in TNA :lol: )..

It's wishful thinking case. I watch(ed) raw weekly and can only name a handful of njpw and indie guys like literally 5-6 guys only. I just don't care about the d league and non English wrestling and I know they're are many many more like me.

Guess I've been so focused on Jericho's Kofi chest and being generally washed, but I never noticed that ink on his arm. **** looks totally out of hplace :lol:

everyone has the internet but it doesn't mean they are on it looking for wrestling related stuff even if they are slightly interested in it
I said that as a followup to my previous opinion that the idea of an "IWC" in 2016 is outdated. I never made the argument that everyone in the world that has the internet is definitely looking for fake fighting. 

It's wishful thinking case. I watch(ed) raw weekly and can only name a handful of njpw and indie guys like literally 5-6 guys only. I just don't care about the d league and non English wrestling and I know they're are many many more like me.
A few of my friends that have never seen NJPW in their lifetime walked away from WK10 thinking that Nakamura is the best wrestler on the planet. Anecdotes are great. 

Back
Top Bottom