Wrestling Thread Jan/Feb | 2/29 RAW - The Undertaker Returns to Respond to The McMahons

AJ got a legit pop though. Crowd went crazy when the titantron showed "I Am Phnemoneal", but then went completely nuts when he actually walked out.
I was actually shocked at how loud it was, but then again they were in Impact ZONE! Orlando. 

Plus the theme that they laced him with is just 
nthat.gif

I keep seeing things like "the casual wrestling fan" and it's used as a reason why dudes like Nakamura or AJ or other Indy guys won't/can't get over..But let's be honest, the average wrestling fan of today is a person that watches Raw pretty much every week, follows wrestlers on tweeter/IG, watches wrestling on youtube, and is reasonably up to date with general wrestling news..So there shouldn't be any reason why someone who watches WWE's product won't know who Shinsuke is and what he's all about..

They'll definitely know who's Nakamura is but they will automatically hate him because he comes into the WWE popular and they "won't get it"..

Last edited:
Last edited:
I keep seeing things like "the casual wrestling fan" and it's used as a reason why dudes like Nakamura or AJ or other Indy guys won't/can't get over..But let's be honest, the average wrestling fan of today is a person that watches Raw pretty much every week, follows wrestlers on tweeter/IG, watches wrestling on youtube, and is reasonably up to date with general wrestling news..So there shouldn't be any reason why someone who watches WWE's product won't know who Shinsuke is and what he's all about..
You are saying this AS an Internet Wrestling Nerd.

I talk to kids in school who had NO clue who Nakamura and/or AJ were.

Hell, they didn't even know there were other groups out there other than WWE and TNA.

I have a co-teacher that never heard of Nakamura unless I brought him up. He never knew what AJ Styles looked like until yesterday. He is strictly a WWE dude and he IS on Twitter and follows those dudes.

As much as I would LOVE for the world to understand and appreciate stuff OTHER than WWE, we are still a minority man

AJ/Jericho match just ended on the West Coast

They're really building up that Styles Clash with all those teases!

You are saying this AS an Internet Wrestling Nerd.

I talk to kids in school who had NO clue who Nakamura and/or AJ were.

Hell, they didn't even know there were other groups out there other than WWE and TNA.

I have a co-teacher that never heard of Nakamura unless I brought him up. He never knew what AJ Styles looked like until yesterday. He is strictly a WWE dude and he IS on Twitter and follows those dudes.

As much as I would LOVE for the world to understand and appreciate stuff OTHER than WWE, we are still a minority man

You're right about me..But during that stretch from about 02-09 when I wasn't watching Raw/SD I would still occasionally look up WWE/general wrestling news..I'd say that most adults who watch WWE (which is more than kids) probably has some clue about what goes on outside WWE..With the internet as powerful as it is these days I'm sure if Nakamura just showed up at a ppv with minimal amount of spoilers online that he'd get a big reaction at that event..I guess we'll all just have to wait and see..But I hope they don't waste him by sticking him in NXT first..He needs to be put on the main roster ASAP and put with Heyman..

Case, there are plenty adults that ONLY watch and care about WWE. Take 4w. If we didn't talk New Japan, he wouldn't know who those dudes are.

You are in your bubble man.

Casual fans don't know or care about a Nakamura or Styles

Case, there are plenty adults that ONLY watch and care about WWE. Take 4w. If we didn't talk New Japan, he wouldn't know who those dudes are.

You are in your bubble man.

Casual fans don't know or care about a Nakamura or Styles

That's a good point..using the ultimate WWE mark to help your argument..And maybe I am in a bubble..But while the casual fan might not care about him, I still think a good chunk of people know who him and Styles are..Maybe that's just wishful thinking..

Back
Top Bottom