Wrestling Thread Jan 6-19 | 1/13 RAW - Bray & Daniel Wyatt v The Usos - MAKE YOUR 2014 PREDICTIONS!

Are you planning to buy the WWE Network? ($59.94 for 6 months)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Have they updated the interface on rokus? I bought one for my sister last year and the menus looked so basic. I preferred watching netflix on my ps3 and chromecast.

i picked my Roku up last year and they've had a couple of menu updates since i grabbed mine.

Black Box in the 90's....shoutout to channel 68 at 5PM PST 
pimp.gif
 and the direct to video movies on channel 69. 
ALWAYS had the Playboy Channel on right at 8pm et for that 1-2 minutes of non scrambled awesomeness.  b00bs

Any puro/joshi fans in here (I saw a Muta avatar back there, so I'm guessing there are some)? Personally, this is in my top 5 of all time. Damn near 21 years later and it still feels modern to me with the insane neck bumps and high octane offense. Manami Toyota is a G, and the finish is :x . 

I sit my WWE fan friends down for this and they're apprehensive at first because lol women's wrestling, but at the end they're usually all into it. Definitely worth your time. 
My man Big Ultimo!

I just put this match in my To Watch List about a week ago. I have to get around it. But you will figure out fast that people in this thread love Vince mcMahon and believe his company is the only company in the world. Especially the guy they call For Wrestling. So don't expect much respect when you post. I am with you though

I loved Heat because it was like the Taka show back in the day.
I PRAY all of those shows are on there

Also I hope all FCW and OVW (WWE version) television shows are on

Now, has there been talks of ECW TV? Not the PPVs, but TV?

:nerd:
Satellite broadcaster DirecTV is less than thrilled with the WWE's plans to launch an online network and said it will have to rethink its relationship with the programmer and whether it will continue to offer its pay-per-view specials.

As part of the WWE's online network, which will launch next month, its 12 pay-per-view specials including the hugely popular "Wrestlemania" will be made available to subscribers at a price tag of $9.99 a month.

Traditional pay-TV distributors including DirecTV have for years counted on WWE's pay-per-view specials as a solid revenue source. Typically the distributors and WWE split the cost to consumers 50-50 and the price for the pay-per-view specials ranges from $55 to $70.

"Clearly we need to quickly re-evaluate the economics and viability of their business with us, as it now appears the WWE feels they do not need their PPV distributors," DirecTV said in a statement, adding that the audience for its events "has been steadily declining, and this new low-cost competitive offering will only accelerate this trend."

- Steve Austin told F4Wonline.com at the WWE Network announcement in Las Vegas that he is more than willing to listen to any ideas WWE has for he and potential shows on the Network.

- As noted, WWE will air a live NXT special on February 27th on the WWE Network. Two big matches are confirmed for that show – Adrian Neville vs. Bo Dallas for the NXT Title in a Ladder Match and Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro in a rematch from their famous 2 of 3 Falls match.

- John Cena spoke to F4Wonline.com at the WWE Network announcement in Las Vegas earlier this week and said he was proud of the recent 481 pound lift he tweeted about because it came just four months after surgery. Cena said he touted the lift because he wanted to hush the critics who said he came back too early and wasn’t ready.

- Regarding Kaitlyn’s WWE departure, as PWMania.com reported, she just got tired of WWE not using her. Apparently she asked for her release several months ago but WWE officials told her to hang on because they had something in mind for her but that never came to fruition. Word is that Kaitlyn is not looking to wrestle on the independent scene but is open to doing conventions and appearances.

WWE Superstar and Shield member Dean Ambrose recently spoke with the Dayton City Paper to promote an upcoming Raw in Dayton. Here are the highlights:

What was your road leading up to working for WWE like?

I trained for a year before I even had a match. One of the first matches I ever had was at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds in Dayton. From there, I started wrestling in Chicago and then Indianapolis and then Philadelphia, and soon I was crisscrossing the country every weekend in a beat up jalopy for like 50 bucks, just getting experience. By the time I got [to WWE], I had wrestled in so many different places. In that time, I had a giant amount of experience to rely on and became very confident in my job. -DA

So, what’s it like working for WWE?

It’s been a whirlwind from the day [The Shield] started on television. We come through the crowd and feel that energy night after night. We’ve worked with all the top stars – John Cena, Undertaker, The Rock, (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) Randy Orton, etc. It’s surreal to be a part of this. You get to travel the world on someone else’s dime and you’re never really home. If you like being at home, WWE is not for you! -DA

What are some of the biggest misconceptions about professional wrestling?

[The] biggest misconception is it’s fake, it doesn’t hurt and everything is scripted in and out of the ring – those are the big ones. Not everything is scripted. Things change on the fly and you have to react to think on your feet. You only get one chance to get it right since it’s live. Nothing about it is fake. It all hurts. I feel the toll of what all I’ve put my body through year after year, but hopefully I’ll come out on the better end of it. -DA

-
- Regarding Kaitlyn’s WWE departure, as PWMania.com reported, she just got tired of WWE not using her. Apparently she asked for her release several months ago but WWE officials told her to hang on because they had something in mind for her but that never came to fruition. Word is that Kaitlyn is not looking to wrestle on the independent scene but is open to doing conventions and appearances.
Wish everyone else had the balls to do this. I respect her for this

-
Wish everyone else had the balls to do this
ISWYDT....

-
Wish everyone else had the balls to do this. I respect her for this

Pretty much the same here. Plus, women don't have a long shelf life as wrestlers. Total Divas has sort of put more focus on multiple Divas than just the champion and whoever this week's challenger is. I'm sure they would've gotten around to giving her another push, but that could've been 4 years from now. Just think about the people who've been in the company a long time just wasting away (Mostly JTG, Curt Hawkins and Yoshi Tatsu).

Was already prepared for 4w's input :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom