Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

cause you enjoy wrestling? Plus I know the moves, i dont need anyone to tell me whats going on.

yeah, but could you imagine watching Rock/Austin at mania without hearing JR's commentary?..Or watching Taz/Sabu without Joey's voice..

I'm one of those weird people who really enjoy the Japanese commentary
laugh.gif
... I don't understand a damn thing
laugh.gif
... I think it's the emotion in which they speak... When they get excited I get excited?... I don't even know
laugh.gif

It's ONLY the NJPW announcers though... I'll watch other Japanese wrestling with different announcers, and they all bug me... It's something about the NJPW announcers...

You might appreciate the AJPW guy. This guy (along with probably one of the hottest crowds of all time) is continually losing his mind. Also this match is just ridiculous. 

I honestly like both tbh. Njpw announcers just have so much passion and energy.

I watched both english and Japanese wk10 tho. Im weird

yeah, but could you imagine watching Rock/Austin at mania without hearing JR's commentary?..Or watching Taz/Sabu without Joey's voice..
Styles is so remarkable because he did color and PBP by himself, which is something I've personally never seen anyone else do. Plus all of the jabs he'd take at WWF/WCW in the late 90's seemed so damn edgy at the time to the 13 year old me 
laugh.gif

new japan does moves you never seen before?

Doesn't matter, announcing adds another element to matches. Could you watch sports game on tv without announcers?? I can't either but i know dam well what a homerun looks like buy I like scratch that I LOVE hearing Michale k go "back back back back aan A-BOMB from aarooooddd"

Last edited:
I'm one of those weird people who really enjoy the Japanese commentary :lol: ... I don't understand a damn thing :lol: ... I think it's the emotion in which they speak... When they get excited I get excited?... I don't even know :lol: ...

It's ONLY the NJPW announcers though... I'll watch other Japanese wrestling with different announcers, and they all bug me... It's something about the NJPW announcers...

You might appreciate the AJPW guy. This guy (along with probably one of the hottest crowds of all time) is continually losing his mind. Also this match is just ridiculous. 

Bookmarked...

Late night ntwt
nthat.gif
post some good hardcore matches. I'm talking blood everywhere super over the top stuff

Not a match per se, but I hope you sleep okay. 

A little dated, but definitely one of the best Cactus Jack matches ever IMO. 

Last edited:
I honestly like both tbh. Njpw announcers just have so much passion and energy.

I watched both english and Japanese wk10 tho. Im weird

I can watch a link Jemele posts and be 100% entertained watching that one match with Japanese commentary..But a ppv that's over 4 hrs?..No way..

Styles is so remarkable because he did color and PBP by himself, which is something I've personally never seen anyone else do. Plus all of the jabs he'd take at WWF/WCW in the late 90's seemed so damn edgy at the time to the 13 year old me :lol:

Man Styles is so far beyond every announcer besides JR it ain't even funny..But I'll say he's a very very close 2nd to Ross IMO..I've just watched so much wrestling with JR's voice that it's hard for me to put him anywhere else but #1..I'm talking late 80's NWA JR..Listening to his call for Flair vs Steamboat during the Chi-Town Rumble in 89 made what is easily one of my top 5 matches of all time just that much better..

new japan does moves you never seen before?
Doesn't matter, announcing adds another element to matches. Could you watch sports game on tv without announcers?? I can't either but i know dam well what a homerun looks like buy I like scratch that I LOVE hearing Michale k go "back back back back aan A-BOMB from aarooooddd"
Yeah, I regularly watch football/basketball with no sound at bars. But were talking about watching wrestling with japanese commentators so i'm sure what your point is.

Bars are a social environment I could watch a wrestling show on mute as well if we had a juke box playing hits and a few of my friends hanging out drinking talking ish. And we're talking about commentary we understand in general not just Japanese. I'm sure case wouldntwatch lucha underground with Spanish commentary as well but I would cause I speak/read and write fluid Spanish.

Last edited:
Bars are a social environment I could watch a wrestling show on mute as well if we had a juke box playing hits and a few of my friends hanging out drinking talking ish. And we're talking about commentary we understand in general not just Japanese. I'm sure case wouldntwatch lucha underground with Spanish commentary as well but I would cause I speak/read and write fluid Spanish.

I'd never watch LU with Spanish comm. even though I'm familiar with a couple of the guys on their roster..And a big part of that is because I want to know about the wrestlers..I want to know why these two guys are having a match..I want to know if they've wrestled before and what are the outcomes of those matches and what meaning the match I'm watching has in relation to the previous contests..I actually watch a match with Ricochet (who goes by something else in LU) and the commentary was in Spanish and it just flat out bored me..Think about that for a second, a Ricochet match bored me..But I saw him wrestle a pretty similar match in PWG (who has average at best announcing) and it made me be able to enjoy the match much more..And it's because the guy told me some details about Ricochet, his opponent, and their history together..

One of our listeners put me on that documentary and honestly you lasted 9 minutes longer than I did. Just horrific stuff. 

Speaking of I just got done listening to your most recent show..It definitely isn't the worst podcast episode I've listened to..But to be honest you guys confused the hell outta me..One minute you'd be talking about how good a match was and then spend a chunk of time *****ing about what went down in said match..And it sounds like you both really enjoyed WK10, but listening to your break downs of each match I came away with the impression that you both that it was average at best..When the one guy was talking about the Rainmaker match he said that he only watched it once so he hadn't broke it down like the Zupruder film, but in his comments about the previous matches he was nitpicking them to death and complaining about them showing 1 move on instant replay and how it made it look bad and blah blah blah..I'm not sure which one of you guys kept saying things along the lines of "boring Japanese guy in (pick a color) underwear" and would then say something great about that wrestler, but that was confusing to me..Do you like that wrestler, do you not like that wrestler..

PS-If what I just wrote don't make no sense you'll have to forgive me..My oxycontin kicked in about 20 minutes ago and it's blending quite nicely with my Ambien I took an hour ago..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom