Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18  

hmTGjsH.jpg
ZIFx7BX.gif

Going to bed..See y'all tomorrow..Thanks to my boy @22stylez's generosity I'm going to be able to go to Mania for the first time ever..I think I'ma order the ticket tomorrow..Thanks again 33Fashion for the offer..You really are helping me do something I've wanted to do for 30 yrs..And after the awful year I had last year this is something I'll get to do that'll make this year one of the best I've had since my son was born..You da real NTWTMVP..

Speaking of I just got done listening to your most recent show..It definitely isn't the worst podcast episode I've listened to..But to be honest you guys confused the hell outta me..One minute you'd be talking about how good a match was and then spend a chunk of time *****ing about what went down in said match..And it sounds like you both really enjoyed WK10, but listening to your break downs of each match I came away with the impression that you both that it was average at best..When the one guy was talking about the Rainmaker match he said that he only watched it once so he hadn't broke it down like the Zupruder film, but in his comments about the previous matches he was nitpicking them to death and complaining about them showing 1 move on instant replay and how it made it look bad and blah blah blah..I'm not sure which one of you guys kept saying things along the lines of "boring Japanese guy in (pick a color) underwear" and would then say something great about that wrestler, but that was confusing to me..Do you like that wrestler, do you not like that wrestler..

PS-If what I just wrote don't make no sense you'll have to forgive me..My oxycontin kicked in about 20 minutes ago and it's blending quite nicely with my Ambien I took an hour ago..
laugh.gif
 I think you're talking about Mike exclusively, and I think to someone who's never heard that dude talk before, he sounds wildly inconsistent sometimes, and I think it's because he's so low energy about a lot of things but is actually enthused. To clarify though, we were definitely super high on WK10, and personally the last three matches are absolute classics.

Appreciate you listening man, and I'm genuinely excited for you that you get to experience a Mania in your lifetime. My first one was 26, and it's definitely something every wrestling fan should experience. 

:lol:  I think you're talking about Mike exclusively, and I think to someone who's never heard that dude talk before, he sounds wildly inconsistent sometimes, and I think it's because he's so low energy about a lot of things but is actually enthused. To clarify though, we were definitely super high on WK10, and personally the last three matches are absolute classics.

Appreciate you listening man, and I'm genuinely excited for you that you get to experience a Mania in your lifetime. My first one was 26, and it's definitely something every wrestling fan should experience. 

I was at 26 too :lol:

MLW Radio: Bauer & Pollock - January 6, 2016

Bauer & Pollock - January 6, 2016
Jan 6, 2016
John Pollock from The LAW: Live Audio Wrestling and Court Bauer of MLW Radio are back with a packed week of news to discuss:

--The news that Court broke this past week involving certain talent giving notice to New Japan Pro Wrestling

--How A.J. Styles’ departure was handled at Korakuen Hall this past Monday

--The Bullet Club’s future

--What happens with Shinsuke Nakamura

--Gedo’s options with the possible losses of these performers 

--The WWE’s handling of the story and making the story public on their website

--Dates Styles will be working later this month

--How owns the trademark rights to “The Bullet Club” and how the royalties worked 

--Impact’s debut on POP TV and new talent on the show

--How the show did ratings wise on POP

--Expectations going into the debut episode 

--Mauro Ranallo’s debut on WWE programming this week

--The Rock’s announcement for WrestleMania 32

--Ronda Rousey will be hosting Saturday Night Live this month and lots more news

Read more at

Coming out of Northern California and WrestleMania 31, the wrestlers holding WWE gold were Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight champion), Daniel Bryan (Intercontinental), John Cena (United States), Nikki Bella (Divas) and Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (Tag Team).

All six are injured, and likely to miss WrestleMania 32. Including both of the tag champs!
laugh.gif

Entertainment is subjective tho, I could not watch a 3-4 hour ppv of just Japanese commentary which is the reason I never gave njpw a real chance tbh. Watched wk9 cause of jr. I just need some sort of commentary I would understand no matter how awful.

You check out NJPW on AXS?...

I'm one of those weird people who really enjoy the Japanese commentary :lol:... I don't understand a damn thing :lol:... I think it's the emotion in which they speak... When they get excited I get excited?... I don't even know :lol:...

It's ONLY the NJPW announcers though... I'll watch other Japanese wrestling with different announcers, and they all bug me... It's something about the NJPW announcers...
I'm the same way. Love the Japanese commentary and how much energy they have.

firing up wk10. only gonna watch a select few matches for now. starting w this tag match. ricochet and matt sydal are a tag team? gotta watch their matches, they must be lit.

btw props to deep sea for giving me the wrong info to his njpw account. had to buy my own :smh:

:lol:

Last edited:
Wasn't really paying that much attention to the Lethal match, but it was ok for what it was. Fan of this rendition of Lethal and glad to see him doing well.

Starting Nakamura and Styles now. Prob won't watch anything after for today.

Last edited:
/\ 26 was my first one too! Had to see HBKs last match

Exactly why I was there. My brother is a huge HBK fan so I bought tix for his bday.

Any of you guys happen to goto the Dragon Gate show that weekend as well? It was crazy to see CIMA live, and the six man main was one of the dumbest matches Ive ever seen.

Also fill me in on PWG club. Sounds mildly dangerous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom