Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

That's me on Virtual Pros.

I'm pretty sure I said I really liked KUSHIDA/Omega, but can't please everyone I guess. Mark forever over here. 

Lol i knew you had something to do with it.

Saying you dont like jay lethal and stuff is kool but saying you dont even watch roh on a regular like were they do that at?

I just felt like yall or whoever dont appreciate wrestling and how they do it in other parts of the world.

I just feel like yall tried compare nj to wwe and that was a mistake.

No shade tho just constructive criticism.

Saying you dont like jay lethal and stuff is kool but saying you dont even watch roh on a regular like were they do that at?

I just felt like yall or whoever dont appreciate wrestling and how they do it in other parts of the world.

I just feel like yall tried compare nj to wwe and that was a mistake.

No shade tho just constructive criticism.
I think I play up how much I hate stuff for comedic purposes but you're totally right -- I don't watch ROH because I don't find it particularly entertaining. The stuff that I have caught just isn't for me. 

However, I think you might be a little offbase with me appreciating wrestling and how they do it in other parts of the world because dude...we do a pro wrestling podcast that gushes about Japanese wrestling primarily. But truly I didn't take any of your comments as shade and I actually appreciate that you took the hour to listen. Will totally keep this in mind for our next shows. 

I think I play up how much I hate stuff for comedic purposes but you're totally right -- I don't watch ROH because I don't find it particularly entertaining. The stuff that I have caught just isn't for me. 

However, I think you might be a little offbase with me appreciating wrestling and how they do it in other parts of the world because dude...we do a pro wrestling podcast that gushes about Japanese wrestling primarily. But truly I didn't take any of your comments as shade and I actually appreciate that you took the hour to listen. Will totally keep this in mind for our next shows. 

Now that i know its you ill listen (gotta support my nt brothers lol).

Naw i like the setup you got tho very professional imo. I guess i just didnt agree with yall. I thought wk10 was the greatest show i have ever seen from top to bottom. (I might be a prisoner of the moment)

I do agree on yalls take on kenny omega tho. A very slept on match.

Also agree on the english commentary lol.

What's everyone's problem with the English commentary?..I enjoyed it..At least they talk about the wrestler's careers and backstories..And they actually know the name of the moves..Kelly and Stryker's commentary for WK was 100x's better than any WWE commentary for any event since JR left..

What's everyone's problem with the English commentary?..I enjoyed it..At least they talk about the wrestler's careers and backstories..And they actually know the name of the moves..Kelly and Stryker's commentary for WK was 100x's better than any WWE commentary for any event since JR left..

One word yoshi (sp) lol
I liked it but striker was trying way to hard at times imo.

Last edited:
I actually think Kevin Kelly did a passable job but I find Matt Striker's color commentary brutal. I think he's super longwinded and he comes off as kind of a tryhard. This 14 second clip kinda sums it all up:

Also Yoshi Tatsu was pretty awkward and I'm not even sure he knew what was going on during the entire event. They tried to work him in conversations and he'd just give off these one word answers for the most part. 

It's like this for me...

I wanted to choke Matt Striker...

I wanted to shoot Yoshi... And then apologize for killing him because it's not his fault for being put in a position he shouldn't of been...

I wanted to pat Kevin Kelly on the back and tell him sorry his Co workers sucked...

One word yoshi (sp) lol
I liked it but striker was trying way to hard at times imo.

Yeah Yoshi should be deported from Japan for that perfromance..But he hardly said anything and what he did say was still funnier than any King joke since 97..

Stryker can be long winded, but at least he comes across as excited/passionate about what he's watching..Cole and JBL both sound like their seconds away from putting a .9mm in their mouth..

I actually think Kevin Kelly did a passable job but I find Matt Striker's color commentary brutal. I think he's super longwinded and he comes off as kind of a tryhard. This 14 second clip kinda sums it all up:

Also Yoshi Tatsu was pretty awkward and I'm not even sure he knew what was going on during the entire event. They tried to work him in conversations and he'd just give off these one word answers for the most part. 

This...

I actually quite enjoyed Striker at WK9 with Jim Ross... JR openly told him to stop talking at times and took over :lol:... I do appreciate his knowledge though, I like random facts thrown out when it's conducive to the situation...

theres just no reason to listen to the english commentary.

also its cool that your flocka michinoku. mike is a douche.

theres just no reason to listen to the english commentary.

That makes no sense..Why would I want to spend 4+ hours listen to people talk in a language I don't understand?..Especially if I'm not a die hard NJPW fan who might not be hip to all the matches' backstories or the wrestlers' history..

Not watching any wrestling without English commentary

Edit: English/Spanish/Italian something I would understand

Last edited:

I mean that's just undeniable entertainment. I'm listening to that guy talk 10 outta 10 times. 

Last edited:
I mean that's just undeniable entertainment. I'm listening to that guy talk 10 outta 10 times. 

While funny, there's no way I'm listening to 4hrs of that..If you want to listen to the Japanese commentary without speaking the language, then more power to you..But I'm too old school to not want to hear people talk about the moves, feud history, and personal anecdotes involving the competitors..

That makes no sense..Why would I want to spend 4+ hours listen to people talk in a language I don't understand?..Especially if I'm not a die hard NJPW fan who might not be hip to all the matches' backstories or the wrestlers' history..

cause you enjoy wrestling? Plus I know the moves, i dont need anyone to tell me whats going on.

Last edited:
Entertainment is subjective tho, I could not watch a 3-4 hour ppv of just Japanese commentary which is the reason I never gave njpw a real chance tbh. Watched wk9 cause of jr. I just need some sort of commentary I would understand no matter how awful.

Last edited:
While funny, there's no way I'm listening to 4hrs of that..If you want to listen to the Japanese commentary without speaking the language, then more power to you..But I'm too old school to not want to hear people talk about the moves, feud history, and personal anecdotes involving the competitors..
It's just one of those things with J-wrestling that I've just grown to appreciate I guess. But of course listening to someone call a match & adding that additional drama/story is ideal, which is why I have the highest hopes for Mauro & SmackDown. It's definitely a lost art in wrestling. 

Entertainment is subjective tho, I could not watch a 3-4 hour ppv of just Japanese commentary which is the reason I never gave njpw a real chance tbh. Watched wk9 cause of jr. I just need some sort of commentary I would understand no matter how awful.

You check out NJPW on AXS?...

I'm one of those weird people who really enjoy the Japanese commentary :lol:... I don't understand a damn thing :lol:... I think it's the emotion in which they speak... When they get excited I get excited?... I don't even know :lol:...

It's ONLY the NJPW announcers though... I'll watch other Japanese wrestling with different announcers, and they all bug me... It's something about the NJPW announcers...

Na Time warner doesn't have that channel at least not here. Think I watched like the first 3 episodes when they were posted here probably by DC or you

that makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom