Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

Any idea when Styles will debut with the WWE? Or will he go the NXT route like Samoa Joe? lol

My booking of Mania got ruined by Cena having surgery.

I would've had him in the final four with BJ Fashion, Owens, and Brock. Had him eliminate BJ, BJ assist on eliminating him for pay back. Then the two have a the typical Cena Three-Four ppv series. Cena loses at Elimination Chamber and then gets him back at Mania.

I think BJ could thrive after the series the way Owens did. I wonder if they'd make him a member of Balor Club...

Managed to score some pretty good NXT Indianapolis tix for me, @jdcurt2 and a couple buddies. My birthday weekend, so I'm pretty hyped. Curious to see who ends up being on the card at that point.

Last edited:
This Mauro Ranello dude on Smackdown is a GREAT addition. Listening to his commentary now and it makes Smackdown a much more digestible product.

Any idea when NXT will be back in BK or east coast, in general?

Brooklyn I can assume Summerslam week. It's going to be at the Barclays again.

This time around I will be buying tix once they go on sale (likely the PPV, not Takeover)

Instant boner looking at those Jadafire/Naomi steamroom pics. Sweet jesus f#$* the Uso that has that all to himself.

Can't believe some of y'all were confused/taken aback by people that wanted to watch NJPW in English :lol: . I'm right with Brenda. Whether it's good or bad, I need some sort of commentary that I can actually understand. Big part of the reason I haven't really watched NJPW aside from a few matches that DeepSea has posted in here.

The news about Cena sucks :smh: . As much as we hate on him, he's really had a great year and it would've been cool to see him against Taker or something like that at WM.

The other day I said that I didn't think we'd see Balor on the main roster until the Raw after WM, but now I think they need to accelerate that with the news of the Cena injury on top of everybody else that is out. I think we need a Shield-esque Balor Club invasion. Something that will really get people interested and create a buzz.

are you from mass? :nerd:
Born in Connecticut and spent all my summers up there til high school. I like the Celts and Sox, but can't stand the Pats. Don't really care about hockey. Katie Nolan is my age and basically a much more appealing Michelle Beadle. Cute, girl next door type with good personality.

The other day I said that I didn't think we'd see Balor on the main roster until the Raw after WM, but now I think they need to accelerate that with the news of the Cena injury on top of everybody else that is out. I think we need a Shield-esque Balor Club invasion. Something that will really get people interested and create a buzz.
I actually think this might be the best way to go, but I'm not sure who they would target if this invasion does happen. I think it'd be fantastic if the last 3-4 slots of the Rumble went to Balor Club, and they just destroy Reigns for Balor to take the strap. The only fallback is that a Balor v. Reigns main event isn't selling out WM32, and usually the title match goes on last. 

I think a surefire way to make a great babyface is to be a heel first so the fans can develop that "love to hate" dynamic with a character (see SCSA, The Rock, Cena). 

Have them attack reigns and cost Roman the belt courtesy of the authority leading to a shield reunion. Too bad Seth is so far away tho.

I just don't see how they don't do something big with these guys, given the current landscape. Right now, without any Balor Club angle, your main WM participants looks kinda like this-

Roman Reigns
Brock Lesnar
The Rock
Triple H
Undertaker
Kevin Owens
Dean Ambrose
Wyatt Family
New Day
League of Nations
Random Divas?

Some of the people on that list will be wrestling each other, and The Rock may not actually wrestle at all. For a 4 hour show, and the attempt to have the biggest crowd ever, they are going to need much more than that.

The news about Cena sucks :smh: . As much as we hate on him, he's really had a great year and it would've been cool to see him against Taker or something like that at WM.

The other day I said that I didn't think we'd see Balor on the main roster until the Raw after WM, but now I think they need to accelerate that with the news of the Cena injury on top of everybody else that is out.

Cena being out is good. They can't fall back on him to have the co-main event or main event match, so they'll actually have to go with something different.

Unless they have a plan for Balor after Mania and after the injured guys come back, it would be a waste to rush him up just to fill the void for the time being.

Last edited:
Balor, Zayn (is he ready to retun?) DBry (if he can get cleared) all need to be in the rumble. Since its for the title it can be a good excuse for some of these guys to show up.

Managed to score some pretty good NXT Indianapolis tix for me, @jdcurt2 and a couple buddies. My birthday weekend, so I'm pretty hyped. Curious to see who ends up being on the card at that point.

But I live in OH too..

View media item 1859509

I ordered my ticket..I'm officially going to WrestleMania Star Symbol..I'm so ******* excited right now..Here's a view from where I'm sitting..Section 113

View media item 1859511

Back
Top Bottom