Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

Who all in here is going to Mania?

tumblr_nep53lQAfI1s55rl4o4_500.gif

-There had been speculation that Vince McMahon would bring the Mr. McMahon character back to WWE TV due to the decline in ratings but the decision to bring him back on the December 14th RAW wasn’t made until that Sunday. Word is that Vince was very pleased with how the initial return went. No word yet on his reaction to how this past Monday went but one source believed it fell flat compared to the previous appearance.

On a related note, there was a story backstage that someone recently mentioned to Vince that Kevin Owens had gained weight. Owens has been over and praised for his work as a heel but there’s always concern about talents keeping up with “the look” that Vince prefers. Owens also has the support of Triple H, and we haven’t heard of anything being said to him by officials about his weight.

-There was said to be significant talk within WWE after the recent terror attacks in Paris about changing Roman Reigns’ ring gear and entrance. The talk started up again after the recent terror attack in San Bernadino, California but Vince McMahon made the decision to keep Reigns’ look how it is.

Vince felt that making such changes to Reigns would be a knee-jerk overreaction right when they’re making real progress with him as the top babyface. Some also feel that fans don’t connect Reigns’ wearing the tactical gear with what a terrorist might wear it for.

There was some concern that if similar attacks continue, it could look bad or end up bad if they had a top babyface coming through the crowd wearing all black tactical gear. While no changes have been made, there may be subtle attempts to make Reigns look less menacing and significant changes were not ruled out if attacks start up again.

-WWE NXT officials reportedly had big plans for Solomon Crowe as he was one of the talents they were looking to help give them credibility when the expansion plans really kick in this year and they start doing more touring.

Crowe was reportedly told this but he felt he’d still make more money be leaving, even if he was getting pushed in NXT. Crowe felt he was probably never getting a shot at the main roster, which is where the real money is.

-There was a lot of backstage talk regarding the recent feud with The Brothers of Destruction vs. The Wyatt Family and it really wasn’t all that good. From the start, the feud felt flat to some officials and it became such an issue that it was something everyone was aware of.

WWE ended up going with the two vs. two match at Survivor Series largely due to indecisiveness as they went back and forth on ideas for a while. At one point they discussed having WWE NXT Champion Finn Balor team with Kane and The Undertaker. The feeling was there would be no payoff, which some say could be said about the entire feud now that it’s over.

There was also talk that they need to come up with a better plan for Taker when he returns to TV.

Last edited:
-The recent segment on WWE RAW with Team BAD’s Sasha Banks, Naomi and Tamina Snuka interacting with WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day was done to gauge fan interest on possibly putting them together in the same stable. There was also talk of just putting Sasha with The New Day as there is some chemistry there, with her but with also the whole team.

WWE has put a renewed focus on stables to help with the decline in ratings, hoping that it will generate some buzz like the “gang warfare” they had during the Attitude Era.

Regarding The New Day, there’s a feeling among some that they are getting too much TV time and are in trouble of being overexposed. WWE officials are high on the gimmick and their merchandise sales but they do have a history of overdoing and overexposing.

Make that me to second wrestlemanina in a rown ! Santa clara was dope and now texas for my 1 year wedding aniversary! Its awsome that my wife is a big fan as well!

I was talking about the NTWTSS again to my wife yesterday and she says to me "why don't you guys just have a big get together at like WM or something"..So now I'm thinking since she brought it up, how can I find a way to get to Mania this year..It'd suck just buying one ticket and sitting with strangers, but it'd be fun if I could meet up with some of the guys in here..I'd have to see how much a secondary market ticket would cost and figure out travel/lodging..

Out of all those news & notes posted, the overexposure of New Day and the Wyatt's/BOD ones were the ones that made sense. New Day really is in danger of being overexposed, especially since the last couple of segments feels like the WWE writers' handprints are all over them. BOD/Wyatt's was such a nothing feud since the Wyatt's didn't gain anything at all. At least they let them get over the ECW guys.

The Reigns gear then...smh I'm sure the fans know the difference between Roman Reigns WWE wrestler and terrorists. It's also funny Vince didn't want a knee-jerk reaction with that, but has had knee-jerk reactions to many other things when it comes to crowd reactions and pushes.

The Reigns gear then...smh I'm sure the fans know the difference between Roman Reigns WWE wrestler and terrorists. It's also funny Vince didn't want a knee-jerk reaction with that, but has had knee-jerk reactions to many other things when it comes to crowd reactions and pushes.
This has to be the first time where there actually wasn't a knee-jerk reaction :lol:

Back
Top Bottom