Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

Do you think that was the unofficial "passing of the torch" and now Tanahashi is gonna back away from the HW title?

Yep, Tanahashi pretty much said Okada was the new ace of the company after the match. Should have done it last year tbh. They blew it by not booking Okada/Nakamura this year

Last edited:
Yes, he's obviously insanely charismatic. I've gotten that from just watching a few videos and entrances and whatnot. I guess I feel like the normal WWE fans would just be confused by him :lol:

Vincent Kennedy McMahon and casual fans will not see the "it" factor..

Jojo
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Yep, Tanahashi pretty much said Okada was the new ace of the company after the match. Should have done it last year tbh. They blew it by not booking Okada/Nakamura this year

Okada/Nakamura match at WK would've probably went down as one of the greatest matches of all time..No exaggeration..

-AJ Styles gotta keep the same name. He's too established and recognizable to not use it imo
-It's obvious that all these signings are due to how thin the main roster is of top level talent
-I really really hope NXT becomes its own brand man
--These signings don't mean SQUAT unless you let these dudes be THEM. Sure, tailor them a little bit for TV and your product. But let these boys cook man. 
-A Nakamura Wrestlemania entrance will be GOAT level as far as WM entrances go. 100% serious

At least it seems like they've swallowed their pride, got logical and actually addressed that, or at least HHH recognizes that. Funny thing is is that HHH is a huge part of the reason the roster is so thin in the first place. Had it not been for him crippling so many people from 2002-2007, the WWE wouldn't have to get desperate and finally get smart with these signings (and potential signings).

I wonder if Ricochet will risk his 37 year LU deal for the WWE now :lol:

Also agreed about Tama Tongo staying in NJPW, and Nakamura in relation to the WWE fans. If Asuka's signing really was a test, then I am actually confident that Nakamura could do some good things in the WWE. i am interested in seeing how this all unfolds with all these signings though. Definitely don't think they should just dump them in NXT at the same time. Need to build momentum since NXT's quality has dipped.

Last edited:
who the hells bright idea was it to put yoshi tatsu on english commentary? :lol: was he the color commentator of the team?

When Vince discovers that Lucha Underground is a thing he's gonna make the Lucha Dragons break up or change their name

I wonder if Ricochet will risk his 37 year LU deal for the WWE now :lol:

All jokes aside, what's Ricochet's contract status with LU? 

Had to look it up, but here ya go:

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer recently noted that he had the chance to examine a Lucha Underground talent contract, and the deals appear to be pretty one-sided.

Talent contracts are usually for 7 seasons, and Lucha Underground star Son of Havoc actually noted this once in a promo. The catch, however, is that Lucha Underground can decide how long a season is, and can make them last as long as they want, as there is no set number of episodes per season.

Despite the above, if Lucha Underground does not film a season two, or does not have plans to do so for awhile, talents would be able to get out of their deals in court fairly easily, since they cannot be held to a deal that is not providing them with work and/or compensation.

As noted, Lucha Underground talents have been told they can accept outside bookings through the remainder of this year, which means a second season of Lucha Underground likely will not happen until 2016.

I also didn't know about the reasons the WWE didn't signs Ricochet back in 2014, all which are :stoneface: :smh:

According to The Wrestling Observer, top Indy star Ricochet was not offered a WWE deal following a recent tryout at the Performance Center. Despite his ring work reportedly being excellent, a source in developmental noted Richochet was a victim of timing and circumstance.

Apparently when Ricochet came in for the tryout, younger wrestlers in developmental reacted to him like he was a big deal, but to WWE, he's just a guy who they don't know. Because officials knew little of Ricochet, and he received the reaction he did, that was strike one. NXT producer/agent Jamie Noble then outright told officials Ricochet is something special, but apparently Noble's vote of confidence did little to help Ricochet.

In the end, while Ricochet received high marks from those who judge talents at the tryouts, the decision was NXT already had too many guys of Ricochet's size in developmental and they had more than their quota of high flyers, so Ricochet was not offered a deal.

Last edited:
The unwritten rules of rasslin as just as turrble as the unwritten rules of Anerica's pasttime. A strike for being over, c'mon son!

So TNA debuted on POP tonight.

Saw that the crowned a new champion ( I refuse to acknowledge there belt as a world title)..It's the guy with the awful Miz-like tan that always has spit in the corner of his mouth..

So TNA debuted on POP tonight.

I missed everything up until the Knockouts match. I forgot Taryn Terrell found God and is not in TNA anymore :lol:

And looks like Maria did leave ROH. I'm extra late on that

Last edited:
Watched the 1st 2 parts of WK. :smokin Due to time constraints the programming will resume tomorrow... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom