Wrestling Thread Jan 3-9 | 1/9 TNA Genesis - Angle vs Jarrett | RVD vs ??? | Beer Money vs MCMGs

i just been thinking does hhh even need to comeback? unless hes gonna comeback and put people over then its meaningless hes already accomplished more then enough and his "comedian" face gimmick is getting old.

Originally Posted by Grimey

i just been thinking does hhh even need to comeback? unless hes gonna comeback and put people over then its meaningless hes already accomplished more then enough and his "comedian" face gimmick is getting old.
He's still not done burying people.

2re01oi.gif

Spoiler [+]

He's still not done burying people.

2re01oi.gif

Spoiler [+]

Notes from this week's Wrestling Observer...

Spoiler [+]
As things are booked right now, Edge and Miz are the two champions going into the Elimination Chamber. That could mean a quickie change and right back, or no change, although naturally the direction will change no less than once a week between now and then anyway.

There was a report that they’ve decided on a top six match program for Mania which would be pretty much new programs from what are being worked now. Miz vs. Cena for the title would be the main event plan and Undertaker vs. Barrett would be the other main event, which would play off Nexus being involved when Undertaker was buried alive in his last appearance. They can’t make any plans right now based on Brock Lesnar when both Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta have both said again in the last week that they won’t allow Lesnar to do the show. But it’s not like last year where at this time they had all the key matches finalized and Undertaker vs. Michaels and Vince vs. Bret Hart felt special, even if the latter didn’t end up meaning what it should have. This year, nothing at this point has that feeling, and Undertaker is far from a sure thing.

One of the things to look out for over the next year is changes having to do with HHH having more influence and power. Most are positive about it, but the jury is out as while he’s had power for a decade, the feeling is this is the first year of what will be a transition from Vince to HHH as the guy leading the ship. The transition is likely to be very slow as there is no talk of Vince giving up power, but HHH is now considered with his wife as the successors to the throne.

Notes from this week's Wrestling Observer...

Spoiler [+]
As things are booked right now, Edge and Miz are the two champions going into the Elimination Chamber. That could mean a quickie change and right back, or no change, although naturally the direction will change no less than once a week between now and then anyway.

There was a report that they’ve decided on a top six match program for Mania which would be pretty much new programs from what are being worked now. Miz vs. Cena for the title would be the main event plan and Undertaker vs. Barrett would be the other main event, which would play off Nexus being involved when Undertaker was buried alive in his last appearance. They can’t make any plans right now based on Brock Lesnar when both Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta have both said again in the last week that they won’t allow Lesnar to do the show. But it’s not like last year where at this time they had all the key matches finalized and Undertaker vs. Michaels and Vince vs. Bret Hart felt special, even if the latter didn’t end up meaning what it should have. This year, nothing at this point has that feeling, and Undertaker is far from a sure thing.

One of the things to look out for over the next year is changes having to do with HHH having more influence and power. Most are positive about it, but the jury is out as while he’s had power for a decade, the feeling is this is the first year of what will be a transition from Vince to HHH as the guy leading the ship. The transition is likely to be very slow as there is no talk of Vince giving up power, but HHH is now considered with his wife as the successors to the throne.

if hhh takes over, mcintyre and sheamus are the only 2 i can see benefiting big time from it

all former indy wrestlers will get buried......he thinks of them as some type of disease

if hhh takes over, mcintyre and sheamus are the only 2 i can see benefiting big time from it

all former indy wrestlers will get buried......he thinks of them as some type of disease

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

To be fair, most of them are
laugh.gif
. Not to say there isn't good Indy talent out there..

But most of it is

Spoiler [+]
magnum01.jpg

zachgowen.jpg

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

To be fair, most of them are
laugh.gif
. Not to say there isn't good Indy talent out there..

But most of it is

Spoiler [+]
magnum01.jpg

zachgowen.jpg

I think the last person hhh seriously put over was the animal Swagtista.

I think the last person hhh seriously put over was the animal Swagtista.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Smackdown Spoilers (Best Smackdown in Months)

I actually went to this SmackDown! I know it is on a Friday night, but if you guys get a chance (watching or DVR'ing it), I HIGHLY suggest watching it. A very good show.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Smackdown Spoilers (Best Smackdown in Months)

I actually went to this SmackDown! I know it is on a Friday night, but if you guys get a chance (watching or DVR'ing it), I HIGHLY suggest watching it. A very good show.

^Awesome. I'm going on a scavenger hunt tomorrow for front row Raw tickets tm morning at 6. Should be good times.

(Raw comes by my town in Feb.)

^Awesome. I'm going on a scavenger hunt tomorrow for front row Raw tickets tm morning at 6. Should be good times.

(Raw comes by my town in Feb.)

This isnt nothing new in Wrestling, there was a changing of the guard in the early 90s when Hogan/Warrior/Rude and all the freakish monsters left cuz of roids. What saved WWF (at the time) was they always had a strong mid card (Hart, Michaels, Bulldog, Mr. Perfect, Razor). I remember epic matches for the IC title which built these guys. This company has bastardized ALL of their belts. No prestige anymore. Regardless of anyone feels, Championships play an integral part in Pro wrestling and lately it seems they put belts on people for nothing but shock value. "cough" "cough" Miz.............

And if anyone is gonna come here and say Miz is great, over, Awesome, blah blah blah, All I have to say to you is this.........

kid.jpg

This isnt nothing new in Wrestling, there was a changing of the guard in the early 90s when Hogan/Warrior/Rude and all the freakish monsters left cuz of roids. What saved WWF (at the time) was they always had a strong mid card (Hart, Michaels, Bulldog, Mr. Perfect, Razor). I remember epic matches for the IC title which built these guys. This company has bastardized ALL of their belts. No prestige anymore. Regardless of anyone feels, Championships play an integral part in Pro wrestling and lately it seems they put belts on people for nothing but shock value. "cough" "cough" Miz.............

And if anyone is gonna come here and say Miz is great, over, Awesome, blah blah blah, All I have to say to you is this.........

kid.jpg

Back
Top Bottom