Wrestling Thread Jan 28-Feb 3 | 1/31 TNA Impact From England - Angle v Anderson, RVD v Ion v King

Btw...

Had a wrestling related conversation with one of my underlings at work. I said Regal was top 5 dead or alive based on pure technical skills.

He laughed.

I threatened his job.

You should have give him extra work tomorrow.

As for Bret's comments, He's partially right and wrong. Triple has some memorable matches but I wouldn't say he has a slew of classics.

Last edited:
@Peep,

Tyson Kidd/Baretta, the match was ok at best. They kept referencing to a previous match that was solid. Do you know what match they are speaking of?

Possibly one of these. The dates are all sort of mixed up.

Didn't know Angle was still doing moonsaults off cages :x :pimp:

Peeps,

Thanks for those links will watch those tonight after I watch the rest of the posted matches. Seth Rollins/Hunico. Cool little match. Hunico did something kinda funny around the mark. Something I have only seen one man do, Gran Naniwa. But around 13 mins you will see what I am talking about. Rope-rebound situation. :lol:

Here is a similar situation from Gran Naniwa. 14:57 mark. (It is sad that I found this match and spot within 3 mins. Shows you how much I have watched this match)

Hahahah man I am in love with wrestling again.

A couple of good/great HHH matches were the 3 stages of hell w/Stone Cold, Royal Rumble Match vs Shawn Michaels and HHH/Orton at No Mercy 2007.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: Wes Brisco & Garrett Bischoff are in Aces & Eights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to live.

Last edited:
My favorite Trips match was the street fight at the 00 rumble. Around when I first got into wrestling and it never gets old.

If you guys are open to suggestions.....

Who has some solid mid 90's era tag team classics?
Can pick up some from here:

WWF: http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/Bestof90s/wwfresults.html
WCW: http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/Bestof90s/WCWresults.html
ECW: http://www.deathvalleydriver.com/Bestof90s/ecwresults.html

Just google them to see if they are on YouTube

Been looking for a list like this for awhile :lol: Some of these I have had cued for awhile to watch some other time. Nice looks. I like that Leif Cassidy/Flash Funk is on there too.

Had watched that Taka/Christian match a couple weeks ago, pretty nice match. And that move you mentioned during the Hunico/Rollins match, I had seen someone else use than before Hunico, and pretty recent too, just not sure who.

Last edited:
atleast TNA looks like a legit company when they go to England
--TNA will be announcing that they will be doing more tapings on the road.  We're not sure if it'll be every taping going forward and a complete move out of the Impact Zone, but if it's not, the Impact Zone is going to be used only infrequently.  The idea is taping every other week on Thursdays, with the first show live and the next week taped.  The first such taping will be 3/14 in Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicago area) at the Sears Center.  If there are other dates, they'll likely be announced tonight.  The Sears Center is a 10,000 seat arena which they'll probably cut back to hold 5,000 for the taping and my guess is they'll run set-ups for 3,000 to 5,000, which is big enough to make them look more major league. 

I want to see some more short and sweet matches.

Here's a couple that I've posted before.

There's also a Taka v Tajiri match from RAW in '97 that I really liked. It's not on youtube anymore though.

Here's some random matches. I do have a habit of watching short out of the ordinary matches when I'm not watching the usual.

Kane & The Hardyz vs X-Factor (SD)

Albert vs Hugh Morris (Either Velocity or Metal)

I know it's not expected to look the same more than 10 years later, but Albert in 01 and Albert in 2013 are damn near 2 entirely different people.

Albert vs Kane (SD, IC Title)

Never even seen this one before:
The Hardyz vs Raven & Justin Credible (SD 2002)

Last edited:
397607_10151209523602756_497878938_n.jpg

Main event:
iHIuE79.gif
ibt1Re00BffMZD.gif

Oh and they gave this finisher to:
jqidLbe.gif

:rolleyes :rolleyes

Last edited:
reminds me of this story arc.
Blasphemy.

Similar storyline, but I was legit shocked and happy when 1/2/3 Kid upset Razor on Raw those many years ago, but I don't give a **** about Bo Dallas beating Boss Barrett on Raw, except for the fact that it makes Barrett look bad.
mean.gif

I still can't believe they went with Bo Dallas given the talent pool they have in NXT.

I would have loved to see a Ohno and Barrett feud.

Thought this was pretty good.
Unbelievable video.

I know Ric Flair has lived the life he's wanted to live, but it still makes me sad to see where he's at today.  But I guess the same could be said for about 95% of pro wrestlers.  Strangely though, I don't feel any sympathy for Hogan.

Unbelievable video.

I know Ric Flair has lived the life he's wanted to live, but it still makes me sad to see where he's at today.  But I guess the same could be said for about 95% of pro wrestlers.  Strangely though, I don't feel any sympathy for Hogan.
I agree all that partying and wear and tear on there bodies over the years messed them up.    its rare to see a guys still in shape after there wrestling years.

Back
Top Bottom