Wrestling Thread Jan 28-Feb 3 | 1/31 TNA Impact From England - Angle v Anderson, RVD v Ion v King

- The Rock trained with Michael McGillicutty to prepare for his Royal Rumble match. Rock is now supporting McGillicutty and he’s always had Triple H backing him. No word yet on why he continues to be kept on the lower end of the roster. There’s been a big push to get rid of his name and call him Joe Hennig but WWE officials are so against real names these days because they want to full own everyone’s ring name.

- The early word on plans for Chris Jericho’s return is that he will face
Ryback
at WrestleMania 29. The idea would be to use Jericho to get
Ryback
back where he was. Jericho felt back in October that Hell In a Cell was the right time for
Ryback to take the WWE Title

- It’s said that WrestleMania 30 is now pretty much confirmed for the Superdome in New Orleans, which would be the first time a pro wrestling show had been held there since WCW Nitro on June 21st, 1999. The official announcement is expected to come in February at Elimination Chamber, also from New Orleans.

- The WWE Royal Rumble Fan Fest was such a success that they have decided to do the same thing with all big four pay-per-views – Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series. Because the Rumble Fan Fest was an experiment, it will be much bigger next year and beyond, like the WrestleMania Axxess events.

- Top indy tag team The Briscoe Brothers won’t be attending the WWE tryout camp this week after all as they are still under contract to Ring of Honor. Adam Cole is expected to attend the tryout.

Last edited:
- As noted earlier, the January 28th episode of WWE RAW did a 3.67 rating with 5.01 million viewers – the best number the show has done since RAW 1000 back in July 2012.

In the segment breakdown, the show opened strong with CM Punk, Paul Heyman and Vince McMahon doing a 3.63 quarter rating. Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro with The Miz as referee lost 193,000 viewers. The Make Me Laugh segment with Ryback, Darren Young and Titus O’Neil plus a Bob Backlund video gained 32,000 viewers. Bo Dallas vs. Wade Barrett and John Cena vs. Cody Rhodes gained 243,000 viewers. A Cena interview plus The Shield beating down Cena, Sheamus and Ryback at 9pm gained 145,000 viewers for a 3.80 quarter rating.

The Tensai vs. Brodus Clay dance contest lost 157,000 viewers. Big Show beating down Ricardo Rodriguez and Alberto Del Rio gained 116,000 viewers. Tamina Snuka vs. Kaitlyn in the Lumberjills Match and The Rock coming out gained 79,000 viewers. The in-ring segment with Punk and Rock at 10pm gained 279,000 viewers for a 4.03 quarter rating – the largest since RAW 1000.

Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow in a Tables Match plus the WWE Karaoke segment lost 601,000 viewers. Chris Jericho’s segment with Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston lost 342,000 viewers. Jericho and Ziggler vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan gained 134,000 viewers. The final segment with Vince McMahon, Heyman and Brock Lesnar gained 750,000 viewers for a 4.00 overrun.

- Taz was added to Aces & 8s because they felt the group needed a stronger mouthpiece and Taz is better in that position than Devon.

- Punk VS Rock is expected to go on last at EC.

Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow in a Tables Match plus the WWE Karaoke segment lost 601,000 viewers. Chris Jericho’s segment with Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston lost 342,000 viewers.

:wow: :rofl: damn near a million people said "**** this".

- The Rock trained with Michael McGillicutty to prepare for his Royal Rumble match. Rock is now supporting McGillicutty and he’s always had Triple H backing him. No word yet on why he continues to be kept on the lower end of the roster. There’s been a big push to get rid of his name and call him Joe Hennig but WWE officials are so against real names these days because they want to full own everyone’s ring name.

- As noted before, the early word on plans for Chris Jericho’s return is that he will feud with Dolph Ziggler before turning heel and facing Ryback at WrestleMania 29. The idea would be to use Jericho to get Ryback back where he was. Jericho felt back in October that Hell In a Cell was the right time for Ryback to take the WWE Title.

i was wondering who The Rock worked with since Hawkins just got back from injury. Ehhhh....I haven't seen his development on NXT since his "feud" with Tyson Kidd, so I can't tell you if he's not charisma deficient, bland looking and boring. If he's improved a lot, good for him. If not, :rolleyes ok Rock & Hunter. Getting rid of that stupid name would be an immediate plus, and it would only be natural and logical to use his real name.

Would rather see him work with Bryan, Dolph, or maybe even Wade Barrett at WM, but it still would be a big match.

Last edited:
If Taker really isn't doing this Wrestlemania, I can see them putting Punk into the Rock/Cena storyline.

But then they'll end up burying anyone who isn't Rock or Cena like they did with Miz

- Reason why Rock won with the people's elbow -

Regarding the finish of the match, Punk was pinned after The People's Elbow because their feud had been built on Punk saying that the people don't matter and Rock saying they do.

- JR removed from NXT announcing because WWE wants to groom new announcers.

- Vince really is getting hip surgery done.

- Bret Hart spoke with Wrestle Talk TV Extra. Here are some of the things he had to say about Triple H.

“I have a certain amount of respect for Triple H. I remember when he first came in, I remember commenting on stuff that he did. Because I’d usually give wrestlers my thoughts and try to help them on stuff… Triple H has always been a good wrestler. But great? What is he now, a 1,000 time world champion? How great really is he?

“I look at [CM] Punk… I can look at certain wrestlers and I go, this guy is an innovator. Like a Rey Mysterio, who’s done stuff that no one has ever thought of before. Punk has done stuff — really unique moves and you go, ‘gee I’ve never seen anything like that before.’ They innovate all the time, and they create new sequences and moves and things.

“Then you look at someone like Triple H. When I look at him — he’s always had a good look as far as his body went — he always had a pretty muscular physique. But you look at someone like Hunter and you wonder, what has he really done. One move that he ever created that nobody ever saw before or some highspots or an idea for a match… He’s mostly a guy that just showed up and they made him. He’s always been a decent wrestler — I would consider him a good wrestler and pretty talented. But great? I don’t know, I don’t think so.

“What has he ever done that’s great? He’s never had a great match, I don’t think ever. Whenever I look at Triple H’s matches, including the last one he had with Undertaker — and I don’t really mean it as a knock — but I told myself before I watched it because I’m trying to like Paul now these days, that I want to see him do something to make me think he’s got greatness in him.

“Before Triple H wrestled Undertaker last year, I remember watching it and going, ‘I can picture the whole match in my head, I can tell you exactly what this match is going to be like and how it’s going to go. And I remember watching it and it went exactly how I predicted it… I thought it was mediocre at best, maybe a 4 out of 10, or 3 out of 10.

“I think Paul is a little overrated… overrated for being great. I can sit here and tell you that there was one match that he ever had with anybody that I thought was great. It’s kind of a shame, he should have a great match somewhere with somebody. And you’d think that he would have had it by now, but I don’t think he’s a great wrestler.”

Last edited:
It is THursday. Thursdays USED to be special. Why? This is what I am doing for the next 1.5 hours.

Bret Hart left all his dambs somewhere :lol:....He gave the HHH/Taker match 4/10 though :rofl:. HHH has had some great matches though, can't really deny that. He has some point, but *jags fan face*

It is THursday. Thursdays USED to be special. Why? This is what I am doing for the next 1.5 hours.

Niiiiiice :pimp: I'll probably go back and watch this later on in the week. I used to record a lot of SD episodes between 99-01, but I don't remember recording ones from August.

Will be watching these before the night's over

Superstars: Tyson Kidd vs Trent Barreta

Superstars: Hunico vs Justin Gabriel

FCW: Hunico vs Seth Rollins

FCW: Dean Ambrose vs William Regal

^ Thanks Peep. I saved all of those to watch later. Give me some more FCW/NXT Classics to watch. I will start watching NXT regularly now since I am born-again.

Low-key, Big Bossman's early 2000's run in WWF was solid. Him vs. Al Snow. Him vs. Big Show. Both programs were funny as hell

[quote name='rzombie1988' timestamp='1359154199' post='1593244']
[quote name='Ligerbusa' timestamp='1359150800' post='1593225']
"What is this move we're seeing here with Alicia Fox in command?" - Tony Dawson

"If you need me to explain that to you, you shouldn't be sitting here." - Regal

He totally shouldn't. He doesn't call a single move because he doesn't know any and his commentary consists of FOR THE WIN or conversations that didn't happen. I'm sure he's fine as a backstage interviewer but they need Saxton or the other guy back on commentary.
[/quote]
I agree. I think it's embarassing when they have announcers out there who don't even know very basic holds. The worst part about this is that he's still better than Tom Phillips, who I'm not sure has even seen a wrestling match before. I'm not sure what the WWE brass is thinking when they hire these guys as they have to know they will get exposed and make WWE look bad.

I always say that wrestling is the hardest sport to commentate if you aren't knowledgeable about it. There's just too much to know to even have a basic knowledge of wrestling and it's really easy to expose yourself. To put it in perspsective, even I get nervous when reviewing things I'm not familar with as I don't want to look like a total goof.

The WWE is lucky that Maffew doesn't usually do NXT. He'd have enough for a whole Botchamania episode with only a few shows.
[/quote]

http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/topic/51089-wwe-nxt/page__st__4840

Btw...

Had a wrestling related conversation with one of my underlings at work. I said Regal was top 5 dead or alive based on pure technical skills.

He laughed.

I threatened his job.
He doesn't know any better.

Psychosis vs. Regal's WCW Television Title Match (Ended in Draw) was one of my favorite Regal matches. ( )

A non elimination chamber match that closes the PPV named after a match :lol: :lol:

Like last ear with ambulance match to end the show :lol:

^ Thanks Peep. I saved all of those to watch later. Give me some more FCW/NXT Classics to watch. I will start watching NXT regularly now since I am born-again.

Low-key, Big Bossman's early 2000's run in WWF was solid. Him vs. Al Snow. Him vs. Big Show. Both programs were funny as hell

I definitely was a Bossman fan around that time. He played that role so perfect.

Seems like they've been taking down a lot of FCW stuff, but so far these are the only 2 I found that I remember off the top of my head.

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins

Kaval vs Justin Gabriel

All the other good matches pretty much revolve around those 4, Del Rio, Hunico & Epico (Los Avidores). Naomi, Serena, & AJ have some good ones too.

atleast TNA looks like a legit company when they go to England

Been thinking that for so long :lol: The Impact Zone needs another set design or something.

Last edited:
A bit late in uploading my pictures but check the spoiler below. It has to be one of the best events I attended. I got to sit near Rocks mom an she offered her commemorative chair to my godson.

Apologize in advance for any duplicates, I was using shutterfly on my ipad.

Bonus Spoiler for Peep & Co:
One of the most attractive wrestling fans I seen at a ppv.
Sick pictures!   That's tight man I saw you  with your big Rock head.  lol I was telling my wife that's the guy from niketalk

WWE completely dropped the Intercontinental Cup Tournament that was supposed to begin on Main Event this week.  I guess they're just going to keep Barrett jobbing to Orton instead.  But of course, Orton is too big to actually win the Intercontinental Title.
Ohh no watch them push Bo Dallas over by letting him win the IC Title. lol he reminds me of the 123 kid when he upset Razor Ramon

Last edited:

- Top indy tag team The Briscoe Brothers won’t be attending the WWE tryout camp this week after all as they are still under contract to Ring of Honor. Adam Cole is expected to attend the tryout.
Mcgillicutty is a crappy name.  Let him go by Joe Hennig and just like that his character is set for success lol   Also I wish WWE would be able to sign the Briscoe Brothers.  They would do damage in the tag team division. 

@Peep,

Tyson Kidd/Baretta, the match was ok at best. They kept referencing to a previous match that was solid. Do you know what match they are speaking of?

Back
Top Bottom