Wrestling Thread Jan 28-Feb 3 | 1/31 TNA Impact From England - Angle v Anderson, RVD v Ion v King

They are all in storage, my grandfather would get every PPV and we'd record them, I didn't even realize they were still around until a few years ago when my Grandmom passed away and we were cleaning out the attic

It was actually a big part of my relationship with my grandparents and ice hockey

I think I watched the Undertakers debut so many times that SS tape is prob hurting lol

Damn, The last WCW VHS I had was Halloween Havoc 1993. I ended up selling it on ebay for like $50 a couple years ago.

I could prob get a nice chunk but they have too much sentimental value

I have a lot of clothing, posters, etc, about 100 Hasbro figures and about every WWF Magazine from about 1989-1999.

One day ill get it all out and snap pics, etc

Last edited:
you should look into converting them to dvd for preservation purposes. really dope to have something meaningful like that in your life.

you should look into converting them to dvd for preservation purposes. really dope to have something meaningful like that in your life.

Yeah I think I might ask my grandfather to do it, he did it with all my ice hockey tapes and old hockey games

He gets it done at Costco and they do a good job, I just have to go get them which is in NJ (at my sisters storage) and a nice drive from my place right outside Philly

On a side note I wish WWE would bring back Halloween Havoc those are some of my fav PPV's

Last edited:
Halloween Havoc, War Games, Starrcade :pimp:

Those were my favorite WCW PPVs

The roulette wheel at Halloween Havoc :pimp:

Now WWE uses it for dance offs :stoneface:

- According to The Wrestling Observer, the lower buy rate for WWE's 2012 TLC PPV, which came it at around 170,000 buys based on preliminary data, might be a positive sign for CM Punk and his drawing power.

The 2012 Hell in a Cell PPV, which featured Punk vs. Ryback in the main event drew a surprisingly strong amount of buys considering John Cena didn't appear on the show, so the low buy rate for TLC could be a good sign for CM Punk considering he didn't wrestle on that card.

- According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE's decision to enter Bo Dallas into the Royal Rumble bumped Shelton Benjamin from making a surprise appearance in the match. Benjamin was in town working an indy show and was going to make a surprise appearance in the bout, however WWE decided to run the NXT tournament and give the spot to Bo Dallas instead.

In related news, Bo Dallas became the first Royal Rumble entrant in match history who was not born when the first Royal Rumble match took place.

5 of the 6 EC contestants revealed
Randy Orton
Kane
Daniel Bryan
Jack Swagger
The Great Khali

what the hell have the last 2 dudes done to deserve to be in the EC? this company really doesn't make sense sometimes.

Anybody know where to cop WWE 13 (360) on the low? Really wanna play but I refuse to spend a lot of money on video games.

Wrestling Legend Iron Sheik Sounds off on Twitter, Super Bowl and Beyonce - Aye man hahahahah

By the Iron Sheik, as told to Bleacher Report. Several terms have been changed to make the interview suitable for posting.--

My team is the #teamsheikie and Sheikie respect all the people that respect the legend. Very important for the people to respect my team.

LIFE AFTER WRESTLING

These days, I take it easy in my home in the Atlanta, Georgia. Still I work hard, try my best to stay in shape, but my knee bother me big time from all the year of wrestling up and down. The road not easy for the legend.

I also work on my documentary that going to be world class. The movie is called “The Iranian Legend.” I make the documentary and my fans I hope they support me when it come because I respect them and they respect the legend.

Courtesy of theironsheik.org
In my good day, I used to wrestle. Now I do show for people who call me for autograph, special event and the comedy. My #1 is I sell the picture and my DVD on the www.theironsheik.org.

TWITTER

I respect the Twitter. (Ed. note: Sheikie's account is NSFW.) I watch the world news, I see the TV and I hear about all the BS that the people talking. When I see someone who don’t respect the people, I break their back old-country way on the Twitter. I am the law of the Twitter.

People know when I talk about the problem, I make them humble. I come from oldest country in the world and everybody know when Iron Sheik see the bad person like the OJ Simpson or jabroni Chris Brown or the good man like the Ray Lewis, I respect them or break their back. Chris Brown get the international heat with me.

SPORTS

I love the sports. I love the athlete. I respect the athlete. When I see someone who do the good or the bad, I let the world know because Iron Sheik always talk his mind. I am like the world news #1 on the Twitter.

Everybody know I sold out the Madison Square Garden and I most famous American Iranian in the world. Not like that piece of crap, no-good mother the Ultimate Warrior or Tiger Woods’ wife.

SUPER BOWL

I am excited for Superbowl. 49 of the San Francisco and the Baltimore. 100 million people watch tough sport like the football. I very excited to see what happen.

Also I be happy if I see my good friend the Beyonce. She love the Sheikie Baby. She put on good show for the people for the halftime.

I want to keep it secret who I root for, but I surprise the people and see who win.

The 2 coach are the brother, and they play for first time to see who win who lose. Going to be interesting for around the world because they never saw 2 team to have the 2 brother.

I cannot say who I root for, but the Ray Lewis I respect because he work hard. Like Iron Sheik, he become super star, and he respect the business.

The Colin Kaepernick green like the grass. He not ready for the main event, but we see what happen. I be happy to watch and somebody become legend, somebody become jabroni. Still I respect all the player who play.

Thank you. And God bless you.

Halloween Havoc, War Games, Starrcade
pimp.gif

Those were my favorite WCW PPVs

The roulette wheel at Halloween Havoc
pimp.gif

Now WWE uses it for dance offs
indifferent.gif

- According to The Wrestling Observer, the lower buy rate for WWE's 2012 TLC PPV, which came it at around 170,000 buys based on preliminary data, might be a positive sign for CM Punk and his drawing power.

The 2012 Hell in a Cell PPV, which featured Punk vs. Ryback in the main event drew a surprisingly strong amount of buys considering John Cena didn't appear on the show, so the low buy rate for TLC could be a good sign for CM Punk considering he didn't wrestle on that card.

- According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE's decision to enter Bo Dallas into the Royal Rumble bumped Shelton Benjamin from making a surprise appearance in the match. Benjamin was in town working an indy show and was going to make a surprise appearance in the bout, however WWE decided to run the NXT tournament and give the spot to Bo Dallas instead.

In related news, Bo Dallas became the first Royal Rumble entrant in match history who was not born when the first Royal Rumble match took place.

5 of the 6 EC contestants revealed
Randy Orton
Kane
Daniel Bryan
Jack Swagger
The Great Khali
WTF! why is Khali in the match?  smh that's some bullsit about Benjamin too.   They could have kept one of them 3MB members out.  

Peep, what are we watching tonight man :pimp:

Man I was gonna watch some more out of the ordinary Velocity/Shotgun matches and more SD matches from 01/02. Also trying to find this Hunico/Justin Gabriel match from a couple matches back. They fought like 5-6 times from late 2011 to early 2012, but that's the only one I can't find.

I just knew this bum would be in the EC match :smh: i know the WWE loves that Indian market, but they'd do much better cutting ties with him and grabbing Sonjay Dutt. Hell, I'd take a Tiger Ali Singh return at this point.

WWE 2013 DVD Schedule

Posted by: Richard Hughes of Wrestling News Source on Feb 01 2013

Source: wwedvdnews.com

The Best of WCW Monday Nitro Volume 2 Feb 12, 2013

Royal Rumble 2013 Feb 26, 2013
Bret “Hit Man” Hart: The Dungeon Collection Mar 5, 2013

Elimination Chamber 2013 Mar 19, 2013
For All Mankind: The Life

^Only ones that have piqued my interest.

Sidenote, I read the Smackdown spoilers for tonight and someone makes their return after being on a prolonged hiatus.

I think Club will be very happy with this return. :wink:

My list is basically the same, although I would add the Money in the Bank bluray.

WWF In Your House 10: Mind Games Mankind (with Paul Bearer) vs Shawn Michaels (With Jose Lothario)

I don't know if you guys have noticed but Mick trolled Shawn in this match and pissed him off from the looks of it. Led to them throwing some seemingly legit shots too.

@ 11:30 Shawn delivers a stiff looking stomp to the head followed by Mick catching him with a forearm to the face and I think he called him a S.O.B as well :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom