Wrestling Thread Jan 27-Feb 9 | 2/3 RAW - New Age Outlaws v Rhodes Brothers for Titles in a STEEL CA

Anyone else notice a lot less focus on reigns using the spear and a huge amount of attention on his superman punch instead since batista returned? They even added a little setup routine to the punch now. I do kinda like the charge up and cocking of the forearm like a shotgun though

Last edited:
Anyone else notice a lot less focus on reigns using the spear and a huge amount of attention on his superman punch instead since batista returned? They even added a little setup routine to the punch now. I do kinda like the charge up and cocking of the forearm like a shotgun though

I've seen him do that cocking motion before, he's probably just fine tuning the nuances to the move. Ground punch > cocking > punch

But yeah, that apron kick :smokin

Last edited:
I think we all know Edge has the worst spear unless it's done off a ladder or through a flamming table :lol:

AXXESS Presale today if anyone is interested. Password is: AXXESS

They got premium VIP with Cena, Swagtista and the Undertaker

VIP with Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Brett Hart, Punk, Sheamus, Big Show and a few others.

Gave it a chance last night not bad. I never understood why people like John Cena never appealed to me. Good to see Road Dawg and Mr.***, that's not the OG Gold dust right?

I know I give yall grief about not listening to Podcasts but if you want a damn good show to listen to, listen to this weeks episode of MLW Radio. "When Konnan met Court Bauer." They do an in depth discussion on Batista and who he is and why he is who he is and why he has been successful. Konnan also asks COurt, "What can AA do to NOT fail when they come to America" and Court gives the greatest "short" answer. Basically explaining so many LITTLE things that modern day wrestling does that hasn't changed since the old days. It is really educational.

I know yall don't like anything that Vince didn't create but it is a great listen. 8)

Episode 112:

http://beautifulpiledriver.tumblr.com/ is a Tumblr I have started because I have too much free time and because I have a shaky sense of humour. It's based on photos of pro wrestling and the haiku that they inspire. Worth noting currently I am posting a haiku about every WON MOTY from 1980 to 2009 (maybe up until current day if I can be bothered to look them up.

I am not sure if I am actually allowed to post like this, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else, so forgiveness if needed.

While reading them it's important to treat them very seriously.

Cool stuff brothers

30t2xko.gif
You sure that snake wasn't de-fanged?
That was a legit bite.  From that point forward, I believe Jake switched to a boa constrictor that wouldn't be as likely to bite people.

That was a legit bite.  From that point forward, I believe Jake switched to a boa constrictor that wouldn't be as likely to bite people.

Right. And if I remember correctly, people were so scarred by this that Lord Alfred Hayes mentioned on Superstars that the snake had been devenomized prior to the bite

does anyone else hate the camera angles when they zoom in and out real fast like tna I hate it. it gets me dizzy. and now that I noticed it I can't stop payin attention to it
HATE it.  It was the worst with Shield beatdowns for a long time.  Specifically with Roman Reigns.

- According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com that KENTA is in Orlando, FL at WWE performance Center receiving a try out.

As cool as this would be...a few things

1. If HHH didn't want to sign the American Wolves because they don't have enough tall, why would he be interested in KENTA?

2. ...what finishers would he use? Punk uses the GTS, and Bryan uses the Busaiku Knee.
laugh.gif

3. After what has happened to guys like Taka, Funaki, Tajiri, Tatsu, Yang etc..why would any Japanese/oriental wrestler want to sign with WWE?
I can't imagine Kenta coming in despite the tryout.

I sat through 2 hours 50 minutes of Raw and unfortunately fell asleep during the main event.  Ugh.

I know I give yall grief about not listening to Podcasts but if you want a damn good show to listen to, listen to this weeks episode of MLW Radio. "When Konnan met Court Bauer." They do an in depth discussion on Batista and who he is and why he is who he is and why he has been successful. Konnan also asks COurt, "What can AA do to NOT fail when they come to America" and Court gives the greatest "short" answer. Basically explaining so many LITTLE things that modern day wrestling does that hasn't changed since the old days. It is really educational.

I know yall don't like anything that Vince didn't create but it is a great listen. 8)

Episode 112:

hahahaha, DC. I always make it a point to listen to the MLW podcast on my commute to work on Mondays. Cornette's is pretty good, but not a big fan of Alice Radley. Maybe I have to give her a chance but I feel she's too much of an a** kisser. Tweeted Konnan a few weeks ago and he asked if I had signed up for VIP. Said he had a gift if i signed up but not too sure if I want that special gift from the "Juice." hahahaha.

I want to see Ron Misterio hang it up after Wrestlemania. Build up a lucha match between him and Sin Cara, maybe have Sin Cara, turn on Ron and have some old school lucha heads involved, like Psichosis, Juvy, Super Crazy, the Villanos and even K-Dogg. I know that aint happening but probably a better chance of this than seeing Sting at Wrestlemania.

Why, why, why is the NAO tag champs? Thats Shovel's way of building up the tag team ranks by having the former VKM, Voodoo Kin Mafia as tag champs? Maybe a feud between them and R Truth and Xavier Woods.

DC, would you say Keiji Muto in his career stands out more as Keiji Muto or as The Great Muta?

I just can't take konnan seriously he always comes off as a hater. Jim cornettes podcast is the goat

I cringe every time I hear the intro when it says something about Konnan being something Latino, and then they call him the ambassador of violence... smh.

Back
Top Bottom