Wrestling Thread Feb 9-15 | 2/15 No Way Out PPV (pg 16) - Two Elimination Chamber Matches

I could see Hardy winning the Chamber then defending the title at Wrestlemania against Edge and Matt Hardy and Christian interferes giving the title to Edge.Or at least I hope that's what happens.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by DimondJ15

you know listening to Matt Stryker makes me want to hear shane Douglas on commentary.... is it just b/c they had similar gimmicks in WWF/WWE?
Explain.

Please don't tell me you are remember Shane as Dean Douglas.

Unfortunately I do.... I know that was pretty much the worst part of his career, as the franchise he was so much better, but i think his Wrestling IQ ishigher than Strykers, and with Stryker/Grisham being so good together on ECW, it makes me wonder how good Shane would be....

My only beef with Striker and Grisham was they're lack of excitement last night when Christian came out. Good ol' JR would have been going nuts, Kingwould be screaming, it would have made the comeback much better.

I wouldn't mind if they wanted to make ECW legit and left Christian on ECW and drafted another big name to ECW like MVP, Umaga or Mr. Kennedy.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I wouldn't mind if they wanted to make ECW legit and left Christian on ECW and drafted another big name to ECW like MVP, Umaga or Mr. Kennedy.

I think that's a great idea. First thing they need to do would be to make ECW a two hour show. One hour is already barely enough for them since they endedthe program like, five seconds after Christian got the pin on Swagger.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

My only beef with Striker and Grisham was they're lack of excitement last night when Christian came out. Good ol' JR would have been going nuts, King would be screaming, it would have made the comeback much better.

I completely agree. They said it like it was freaking Tommy Dreamer coming out. This is Christian, a huge new signing and return. They couldhave made a little bit bigger deal about it. Striker eventually did, but the initial impact wasn't there.

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

Any truth to the rumor of tna releasing Petey Williams?
If true, he shouldn't touch WWE with a 39.5 foot pole. He'd get buried and there's NO WAY he uses the Canadian Destroyer.

I'd like to see Petey Williams either go up against a guy like Evan Bourne or Hurricane Helms. I think he could be a good midcarder, but then again the WWEdoesn't know how to use midcarders
smh.gif

Speaking of Petey Williams the spoilers for tomorrow's show are hilarious.

Spoiler [+]
Petey Williams loses to Scott Steiner in a metal chain head dealy on a pole match
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Hopefully The Brian Kendrick straightens up and gets moved to ECW so he could be in the Main Event light.

It has been announced on WWE.com, that the 2009 WWE Draft will take place on the April 13th edition of Raw in Atlanta. This is just 8 days after Wrestlemania25.

Source: www.ewrestlingnews.com

Five-time World Champion, Chris Jericho was recognized by Pro Wrestling Illustrated as "Most Hated Wrestler of the Year," "Comeback of theYear," and "Feud of the Year" (thanks to his run with Shawn Michaels.

On a side note, the prestigious magazine has also awarded Triple H as Wrestler of the Year. It is the first time the twelve-time Wolrd Champion gets thisrecognition. Angle, Orton and Samoa Joe got the second, tird and fourth positions.

Sources: www.ecualucha.com / www.wikipedia.org

NOTE: Jericho had been given the 2008 Wrestler of the Year award by Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Author: Rodrigo "Crippler" Munoz

It has been confirmed that Petey Williams, Lance Hoyt, and Jimmy Rave have all been released from their TNA contracts. At last night's Impact! tapings,Petey lost a "Loser Leaves Town" match and that was his last match in TNA. Apparently, all three were released to "freshen up" theundercard portion of the roster by clearing out guys that have been with the company for a long time. New young talents will likely be brought in to replacethese three. There are rumors that Williams and Hoyt could be back with the company later on. There are also rumors floating around that Eric Young has been orwill be released from his contract, but as of right now there is no confirmation.

Source: www.ewrestlingnews.com

Originally Posted by Jules300

On a side note, the prestigious magazine has also awarded Triple H as Wrestler of the Year. It is the first time the twelve-time World Champion gets this recognition. Angle, Orton and Samoa Joe got the second, third and fourth positions.

Who the hell did HHH bang to get that award?

And since when is the magazine prestigious?

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

I wouldn't mind seeing a Petey Williams/REy Mysterio program too bad I know it wont happen.

you kno i was thinking the same thing earlier. The WWE says they brought in Low Ki to fued with Rey to give him small wrestlers to fued with so it should be ano brainer to bring in Petey but that would be to easy for the big bad "E"

Petey Williams would be a nice fit in ECW.

They should have had Natalya, Tyson Kidd/TJ Wilson, DH Smith, and Teddy Hart on Smackdown as the New Hart Foundation.

And I hope Christian goes to Smackdown in the draft.

Source: WWE.com

As if April couldn't possibly get any bigger - WWE.com has learned that eight days following the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, WWE will "shake things up" once again, with a 2009 WWE Draft that will commence live on Monday Night Raw, on USA Network.

In many ways, the WWE Universe continues to feel the aftershocks created by from last year's epic Draft on Raw (click here to relive 2008 Draft coverage), during which 10 Superstars changed their respective home brands. (Followed by more than a dozen Superstars who were affected by a subsequent Supplemental Draft that took place on WWE.com.) Several of those roster adjustments quickly resulted in title changes that dramatically altered the WWE landscape - among them, CM Punk winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Edge a week after the Straightedge Superstar had been drafted to Raw.

With that, what can our Superstars, General Managers and you, the WWE Universe, expect from the Draft when Raw commences live in Atlanta, Ga. April 13? Details will be forthcoming in the weeks ahead, though one thing is certain: as per Mr. McMahon's statement a year before, it will be "time to shake things up around here!"

Can't wait.

EDIT: Wait, April 13th? They are starting it WAY early this year.
laugh.gif
Wasn't the 08 Draft in like Late May-Early June?

hm, im definitely anticipating the draft...i'd like to see where christian ends up, and how the wmxxv results affect the draft.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Source: WWE.com

As if April couldn't possibly get any bigger - WWE.com has learned that eight days following the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, WWE will "shake things up" once again, with a 2009 WWE Draft that will commence live on Monday Night Raw, on USA Network.

In many ways, the WWE Universe continues to feel the aftershocks created by from last year's epic Draft on Raw (click here to relive 2008 Draft coverage), during which 10 Superstars changed their respective home brands. (Followed by more than a dozen Superstars who were affected by a subsequent Supplemental Draft that took place on WWE.com.) Several of those roster adjustments quickly resulted in title changes that dramatically altered the WWE landscape - among them, CM Punk winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Edge a week after the Straightedge Superstar had been drafted to Raw.

With that, what can our Superstars, General Managers and you, the WWE Universe, expect from the Draft when Raw commences live in Atlanta, Ga. April 13? Details will be forthcoming in the weeks ahead, though one thing is certain: as per Mr. McMahon's statement a year before, it will be "time to shake things up around here!"

Can't wait.

EDIT: Wait, April 13th? They are starting it WAY early this year.
laugh.gif
Wasn't the 08 Draft in like Late May-Early June?

Oh boy. Smackdown/ECW come here May 19th, they better have some more talent and Taker better be on Smackdown
mad.gif

Honestly...I think Taker has done all he can on Smackdown. I think a move to RAW would be a breath of fresh air. He could have some great feuds before hecloses out his career.

But ECW better not get shafted. ECW is getting so much better, that can't be killed. Move another big name there like Umaga or Mr. Kennedy(hell, moveICanDoTheCabbagePatchtista there) .

And I'm praying to God that Omega H doesn't get moved back to RAW.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom