Wrestling Thread Feb 9-15 | 2/15 No Way Out PPV (pg 16) - Two Elimination Chamber Matches

Ship Michael Cole to ECW or something and i'm good.

Wouldn't mind seeing J.R. back on RAW along side with Striker.

I don't get TNA. You release Petey Williams, 1 of your best wrestlers with 1 of the best finishers, and bring in the jobber Stevie Richards with a ddt. WTH
smh.gif

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has been a joke for a LONG time.

And I feel like the WWE just had a draft. Just do away with the stupid brands already. Miz and Morrison wrestle on all three shows every single freaking week.

A JR and Striker combo on Raw would be the ultimate.

^^ co-sign. i hate this brand bs. it'd be way better if all the wrestlers were on the same roster.

the possibilities....
pimp.gif

I know it's maple leaf muscle. It was a reference to when Steiner was announcing on impact..

mm, I always liked the Draft shows I guess. Always some surprising stuff going down.

Christian's return to ECW is actually making me look forward to tuning in next Tuesday.

And it just felt weird when they announced him as "Christian" instead of "Christian Cage".

WWE trying to get TNA talent?

There are rumours surrounding the web about WWE officials being interested in hiring Robert Roode (one half of Beer Money Inc. - the current TNA World TagTeam Champions). Roode's deal with TNA expires around March or April this year.

TNA officials are aware of this situation and -according to the source- feel they must try as hard as possible to keep him in the company since he isconsidered a promising star.

Source: www.24wrestling.com

Author: Rodrigo "Crippler" Munoz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More on Richards moving to TNA

As it was reported here yesterday, ECW original Stevie Richards is about to join TNA. According to the source, TNA officials are discussing the idea ofgiving him the role of Abyss' doctor and manager.

Source: www.wrestlingdom.com

Author: Rodrigo "Crippler" Munoz

WWE Officials Unhappy With A RAW Star's Ring Work

It is being reported that one half of Cryme Tyme Shad Gaspard has recieved some disappointment from WWE Officials as they are unhappy with the way hisIn-Ring work is currently going.

Cryme Tyme was released in 07 because of bad behavior, but since returing their backstage attitude has improved alot. The only thing that hasn't improvedis Shad's ring work which has left officials questioning his future in the company.

It has aslo been revealed the Shad has recently spoken to Johnny Ace and was told that the company cannot rely on him as a solid in ring performer. This isshown during his tag matches as JTG is left to do most of the wrestling with Shad performing a few spots. Shad currently trains down at FCW during trips. It isalso being questioned that if the time comes to possibly break up Cryme Tyme, officials are unsure whether or not they can actually push him as a singleswrestler.

Source:wrestlezone.com

Author: Schembro

Originally Posted by Jules300

There are rumours surrounding the web about WWE officials being interested in hiring Robert Roode (one half of Beer Money Inc. - the current TNA World Tag Team Champions). Roode's deal with TNA expires around March or April this year.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has been a joke for a LONG time.

And I feel like the WWE just had a draft. Just do away with the stupid brands already. Miz and Morrison wrestle on all three shows every single freaking week.

A JR and Striker combo on Raw would be the ultimate.

To me the brand thing is terrible unless they have like feuds between the brands, which they no longer do because it's no surprise when you see wrestlersfrom one show on another.

I haven't been watching ECW live or at all for awhile and it kind of ruined the surprise of the return when I saw it on here, but I'll probably watchit over on DVR and tune in the next few weeks to see where they're going with this.

The April 13 draft will be interesting because it is the first Raw after Wrestlemania, so the draft should really shake things up and we can see how the WWEwill be for the next few months based off of that.

I think Christian will be moving to Smackdown just because of the fact that you will have interesting dynamics between the Hardys and Edge/Christian especiallyif they really bring in the history between them, sometimes the WWE just drops the ball on history, one example that stands out was like 2 months afterBooker/Lashley had been going on on Smackdown, they both ended up on Raw and wrestled each other, but the announcers said that it was their firstmeeting
roll.gif
. And like it has been mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing himgo to Smackdown and having a Fatal Four Way Ladder match or TLC match for the title. Also, maybe Christian wins Money in the Bank, I could see that reallygiving him the push to change shows, but then they should have had him return at Wrestlemania and win the MITB to go on because now they have him challengingSwagger which seems to put him on ECW up until Wrestlemania.

I guess time will tell about what will happen with Christian and maybe we can get some information about why Christian was brought back when he was and why ECWin the next News & Notes. I'm not reading those Smackdown spoilers because I feel like it is a lot better and interesting when I don't knowwhat's happening already

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

There are rumours surrounding the web about WWE officials being interested in hiring Robert Roode (one half of Beer Money Inc. - the current TNA World Tag Team Champions). Roode's deal with TNA expires around March or April this year.

pimp.gif

I DIG!

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

pimp.gif

I DIG!

NO dig no agree rude cant break up beer money him and storm are money (pun intended)

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

No Way Out = No Buys

"Shaking things up" isn't going to jack up the ratings.
exactly....

wwe needs new story writers, just hope its not vince russo who they bring back..

they also need to go old school and have pay per views every other month, that makes the feuds better and makes better matches at the ppv

If I could be serious for a moment...

- Here I go tooting my own horn again

Two weeks ago I wrote this:
- I am always amazed at some of you here in the WWT. Every week I look in on this post and every week its the same thing. 4W starts the post and then about two posts in, it happens...."where's DSK with the news and notes" or "waits for DSK
nerd.gif
"...
eyes.gif
Aren't you all the same people who whine about how cool wrestling used to be...Or how predictable wrestling is now a days. I'll give you hint as to why its so predictable....YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! Some of you have gone as far as to post Wrestlemania spoilers. That'd be like me posting in the Sports Forum 3 months ago...*SPOILER ALERT*Cardinals vs. Steelers in the Super Bowl*SPOILER ALERT*...Its so lame. I'm not gonna act like I've never read the News & Notes (Shouts to DSK), but come on. Maybe if the E didn't have to try so hard to keep things from hitting the dirt sheets, they could actually build decent storylines that were well thought out without having to over swerve to compensate.

- You would have thought his name was Christ and not Christian with the way some of you are hyping his return. I've seen some of you say he was going to return at the Royal Rumble, win the Rumble, and/or headline Wrestlemania and win the WWE title. No disrespect to Christian, but the Macho Man being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Stephanie McMahon has a better chance of happening. I honestly don't have very high hopes for Christian's return. The E has never known what to do with him and I don't see that changing. I do hope he has the classical theme and sparkles again though.
Now before I commence to patting myself on the back Barry Horowitz style (what you youngins know about that), I must say that I didn'thate the way Christian was brought back.� Matter of fact, I think it was a stroke of genius on the E's part.� First off,�most of the smarks or"wrestling elitists" who have been hyping Christian's return as the second coming, don't even watch ECW because they feel it disgraces the OGECW (which is funny because when i talk to these "smarks", it becomes obvious that they never saw the OG ECW other than through some youtube clips)and they have way more cool things to do than watch "Tuesday Night Heat".� Secondly, a lot of the dirt sheet writers,�who�were not eager to coverthings like Jamie Noble's big brand leap or why the WWE ended Ricky Ortiz's winning streak missed out also.� This was the perfect "Kiss My$*%" from Vince and Co. to the people who taint wrestling.� Plus bringing him to ECW serves multiple purposes.� One, he gives ECW the superstar it needsthusly making it a�must watch�in the weekly wrestling landscape.� Two, with the paper thin borders between brands, it creates an opportunity for Christian tojump right in to the whole Edge/Jeff/Matt scenario, how ever he ties in.

This move was obviously a super swerve to throw off all the internet hounds.� And while I wish he had been able to return in a more high profile fashion, ithink the E's created a great way to utilize Christian.� Now, if he's strictly on ECW, then I would be right about everything I said and the backpatting would commence.� For once I actually hope I'm wrong.

-�With Wrestlemania around the corner, I've been running through how things could possibly play out in my head and only one thing stands out as somethingthat must happen...Randy Orton MUST win the World Heavyweight Championship.� Every great wrestler reaches a point where he will solidify himself as one thegreats in the industry and I believe Wrestlemania is Orton's time.� I feel that absolutely nothing is gained by Cena beating Orton in the main event.� Cenahas already won the main event and is already a superstar.� If the E allowed Cena to beat Orton, the wave of momentum he's been riding, all of hisimprovements (in and out of the ring, on the mic), and all of the focus on him as possibly another superstar and household name will be for nothing.� Idon't care how he does it.� I don't care if Legacy, Stephanie, or both interfere...I just know that it is imperative for Orton to win.� For a heel tobeat the ultimate face, Cena, at Wrestlemania where the faces usually always win in the main event would be incredible.

-� Anyone who doesn't watch TNA (basically everyone except Jules and myself), I implore you to youtube (yes, I used it as a verb) videos of the Main EventMafia's Takeover episode.� It featured the man I consider the funniest person in wrestling (SantiNO), Booker T aka�Black Snow�doing the most hilarious playby play I've ever heard.� Still, nothing tops this gem from Booker:

FTW!

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

If I could be serious for a moment...

- Here I go tooting my own horn again

Two weeks ago I wrote this:
- I am always amazed at some of you here in the WWT. Every week I look in on this post and every week its the same thing. 4W starts the post and then about two posts in, it happens...."where's DSK with the news and notes" or "waits for DSK
nerd.gif
"...
eyes.gif
Aren't you all the same people who whine about how cool wrestling used to be...Or how predictable wrestling is now a days. I'll give you hint as to why its so predictable....YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! Some of you have gone as far as to post Wrestlemania spoilers. That'd be like me posting in the Sports Forum 3 months ago...*SPOILER ALERT*Cardinals vs. Steelers in the Super Bowl*SPOILER ALERT*...Its so lame. I'm not gonna act like I've never read the News & Notes (Shouts to DSK), but come on. Maybe if the E didn't have to try so hard to keep things from hitting the dirt sheets, they could actually build decent storylines that were well thought out without having to over swerve to compensate.

- You would have thought his name was Christ and not Christian with the way some of you are hyping his return. I've seen some of you say he was going to return at the Royal Rumble, win the Rumble, and/or headline Wrestlemania and win the WWE title. No disrespect to Christian, but the Macho Man being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Stephanie McMahon has a better chance of happening. I honestly don't have very high hopes for Christian's return. The E has never known what to do with him and I don't see that changing. I do hope he has the classical theme and sparkles again though.
Now before I commence to patting myself on the back Barry Horowitz style (what you youngins know about that), I must say that I didn't hate the way Christian was brought back.� Matter of fact, I think it was a stroke of genius on the E's part.� First off,�most of the smarks or "wrestling elitists" who have been hyping Christian's return as the second coming, don't even watch ECW because they feel it disgraces the OG ECW (which is funny because when i talk to these "smarks", it becomes obvious that they never saw the OG ECW other than through some youtube clips) and they have way more cool things to do than watch "Tuesday Night Heat".� Secondly, a lot of the dirt sheet writers,�who�were not eager to cover things like Jamie Noble's big brand leap or why the WWE ended Ricky Ortiz's winning streak missed out also.� This was the perfect "Kiss My $*%" from Vince and Co. to the people who taint wrestling.� Plus bringing him to ECW serves multiple purposes.� One, he gives ECW the superstar it needs thusly making it a�must watch�in the weekly wrestling landscape.� Two, with the paper thin borders between brands, it creates an opportunity for Christian to jump right in to the whole Edge/Jeff/Matt scenario, how ever he ties in.

This move was obviously a super swerve to throw off all the internet hounds.� And while I wish he had been able to return in a more high profile fashion, i think the E's created a great way to utilize Christian.� Now, if he's strictly on ECW, then I would be right about everything I said and the back patting would commence.� For once I actually hope I'm wrong.

-�With Wrestlemania around the corner, I've been running through how things could possibly play out in my head and only one thing stands out as something that must happen...Randy Orton MUST win the World Heavyweight Championship.� Every great wrestler reaches a point where he will solidify himself as one the greats in the industry and I believe Wrestlemania is Orton's time.� I feel that absolutely nothing is gained by Cena beating Orton in the main event.� Cena has already won the main event and is already a superstar.� If the E allowed Cena to beat Orton, the wave of momentum he's been riding, all of his improvements (in and out of the ring, on the mic), and all of the focus on him as possibly another superstar and household name will be for nothing.� I don't care how he does it.� I don't care if Legacy, Stephanie, or both interfere...I just know that it is imperative for Orton to win.� For a heel to beat the ultimate face, Cena, at Wrestlemania where the faces usually always win in the main event would be incredible.

-� Anyone who doesn't watch TNA (basically everyone except Jules and myself), I implore you to youtube (yes, I used it as a verb) videos of the Main Event Mafia's Takeover episode.� It featured the man I consider the funniest person in wrestling (SantiNO), Booker T aka�Black Snow�doing the most hilarious play by play I've ever heard.� Still, nothing tops this gem from Booker:

FTW!

lmfao at that vid. Booker t should go into play by play when he retires. Him and Big sexy werr gold on the mic together lol.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ that Booker video.

.....I'm Just a Booker T (Booker TTTTTTTTTTTTT) I'm not your sucka (Sucka-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a)
Nash and X-Pac almost lost it.

Now before I commence to patting myself on the back Barry Horowitz style (what you youngins know about that)..

who did he beat when he started doing that?

and booker was funny for about 5 minutes... and when he was commetating during their run in..... then it stopped being funny.... but it was still better thanwest and tenay...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

No Way Out = No Buys

"Shaking things up" isn't going to jack up the ratings.
exactly....

wwe needs new story writers, just hope its not vince russo who they bring back..

they also need to go old school and have pay per views every other month, that makes the feuds better and makes better matches at the ppv
Why did they decide to schedule N.W.O the same night as NBA All-Star Game?
eyes.gif

And I'm praying to God that Omega H doesn't get moved back to RAW.

Me too, but you know he is going to come back and bury Monday nights again.

Triple H hasn't been that bad on Smackdown. I think he's gonna stay and get another title run. Batista needs to leave though. I can't stand him.

Also what's good with Shelton Benjamin are they ever going to give him a push? He's been putting in work for a real long time now..

Back
Top Bottom