Wrestling Thread April-September 2018 RIP

Correct

Benoit
Jericho
Eddie
Malenko
Mysterio

In 1996 you couldn't look at the main event portion of the card and see ANYTHING similar, like you can do in 2018.

Anyone 35 and younger now looked up to THOSE dudes. Everyone wrestles like a video game today man. No differentiation

It’s sells tho. what should one do to distance themselves from the rest of the spot monkeys? Marks love all that high flying pretty looking **** and seem to **** on anything else.

It’s sells tho. what should one do to distance themselves from the rest of the spot monkeys? Marks love all that high flying pretty looking **** and seem to **** on anything else.

Folks love the high flying.

My point though, is fans don't care about seeing it from 205 Live dudes.

They sit on their hands

In 1996, those dudes were wrestling a style that NOBODY else was wrestling. Fans WANTED to see them on Nitro, WCW still held them back. It wasn't until WWE when they moved up. They were cutting edge back then

Cruiserweights NOW aren't "cutting edge." They are status quo. Especially in WWE where they are handcuffed.

Why should anyone care about Cruiserweight style in 2018 when they can look at the Main Event Level and See the SAME stuff from AJ and Seth Rollins?

ZSJ has one of the most unique styles out today..He is a great hybrid of European, Japanese, and Lucha style..So he's doing stuff that other CWs arent' doing..I'd argue the same can be said for Ibushi..And you're right, WCW did hold those guys back..But it was a STEPPING STONE to WWE which made them bigger stars..And while I'm a big fan of both AJ and Seth, let's be honest, those dudes aren't doing the stuff ( and never really have) that Buick and Kota are doing..

Lashley vs Reigns wasn’t bad at all. Could have been better, but when chemistry isssies were mentioned, I was expecting Raven vs William Regal from Invasion (worst match ever by two good wrestlers). Reminded me of Cena/Lashley from 07 on a lesser scale. I’d watch a rematch if they didn’t make Lashley look like s dweeb beforehand.

Bliss/Jax was fairly entertaining though very tame, given that women are supposed to be equals and can do whatever men can blah blah blah. Mickie :smokin Ronda still looking like a badass :pimp: Bless Nia’s heart for having to take so much punishment while Bliss took like 3 moves and still allowed to win :lol: :lol:

Again, it isn't all about money.

Especially with Ibushi we know it isn't.

Obviously that's true..But it should be..When you choose a profession with such a limited time to be in it, then you have to go where the money is..And most people are critical of dudes who pass up on WWE for NJPW..We all know the wrestling is better in NJPW and they're really doing a decent job of expanding..But they still aren't 1/10th the size of WWE..So to pass up on the potential in WWE is pretty stupid IMO..No promotion is going to guarantee a wrestler a top sport or a main event run or a title run, so why go with a company that can't pay as much, is seen by less people, and doesn't have nearly the potential for merch sales?..

ZSJ has one of the most unique styles out today..He is a great hybrid of European, Japanese, and Lucha style..So he's doing stuff that other CWs arent' doing..I'd argue the same can be said for Ibushi..And you're right, WCW did hold those guys back..But it was a STEPPING STONE to WWE which made them bigger stars..And while I'm a big fan of both AJ and Seth, let's be honest, those dudes aren't doing the stuff ( and never really have) that Buick and Kota are doing..

Seth Rollins is every bit as talented as Kota Ibushi. Same as AJ

AJ, to me, is the best in the World

Seth, to me, is the hottest (streak) in the world.

Domestic WWE fans aren't trying to see thst ZSJ stuff Case. Come on man

Obviously that's true..But it should be..When you choose a profession with such a limited time to be in it, then you have to go where the money is..And most people are critical of dudes who pass up on WWE for NJPW..We all know the wrestling is better in NJPW and they're really doing a decent job of expanding..But they still aren't 1/10th the size of WWE..So to pass up on the potential in WWE is pretty stupid IMO..No promotion is going to guarantee a wrestler a top sport or a main event run or a title run, so why go with a company that can't pay as much, is seen by less people, and doesn't have nearly the potential for merch sales?..

I love how the conversation comes back to momey.

Again, there is more to life for many people

Folks love the high flying.

My point though, is fans don't care about seeing it from 205 Live dudes.

They sit on their hands

That's not true though..Fans cared a lot when Neville, Enzo, and Aries were doing their thing in the division..If the division has more recognizable names then it'd flourish more..

It's just like Eastern Championship Wrestling..Nobody cared about it when it was a bunch of old timers and nobodies..When they started bringing in different talent and bigger names then it started to grab attention from all over the country..Then it got a tv show..Then it got ppv..Then it got games and more merch..My point being you can't rely on people that nobody cares about and expect it to be successful..If Trips would get better people in the division it'd explode and could be special..

That's not true though..Fans cared a lot when Neville, Enzo, and Aries were doing their thing in the division..If the division has more recognizable names then it'd flourish more..
Fans cared more than they care now, but that isn't saying much.

Again, the champions were wrestling dark matches on PPVs man.

PreShow matches for CHAMPS.

But ZSJ would have been different?

Cool

Back
Top Bottom