Wrestling Thread April 13-19 | 4/19 TNA Lockdown PPV from Philadelphia - Sting vs Mick Foley

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Raw, I believe. ..Well more of a guess.

Well that can't be. The fans and ropes changed
nerd.gif
. Ah screw it
laugh.gif

That big boot was nasty.
smokin.gif

Christian vs. Swagger II at Backlash
pimp.gif

EDIT: They just tape it on different days it seems like.

Originally Posted by hellaones

^ I wish they would of kept him and Zek together. I feel like the E dropped the ball on what could of been with these two.

Co-sign. Kendrick had the whole rockstar celebrity angle going with Zeke as his bodyguard and the moron writers broke up a good duo
eyes.gif
. They can't get anything right.

Watchin some tna on dvr and I can't even imagine how bad the Sting/Foley match is gonna be this Sunday, neither dude can barely walk.
smh.gif
, not to mention it's for the heavyweight title
sick.gif

Were they using the Zek and Kendrick to copy the Shawn Michaels and Diesel era of the early 90's? When diesel was Shawns body guard?

^ that's what i thought- they were giving him a fair shot, hell, they even made kendrick a 10 second wwe champion, i don't know what happened.

New Backlash Match to be announced on SD tonight:

Spoiler [+]
Matt vs. Jeff I quit match
eyes.gif

If I could be serious for a moment...

- I'd like to play a little game.� I'm gonna give the definition of a word and you tell me who I'm describing...

e-go-ma-ni-ac [eeh-goh-meh-nee-ak]
-noun, plural e-go-ma-ni-acs

1. a person whose ego exceeds both his intelligence and his capacity to see beyond his own personal interests.

I know I'm beating a dead hhhorse..but all I can say is the main event at Wrestlemania XXV is everything thats wrong with the leadership in the WWE.�Sadly, the only thing that would change it is a full scale�mutiny or an extra-marital affair...c'mon Kelly Kelly, work your magic!

- I stopped watching TNA maybe one or two months ago.� So last Thursday I decided I'd give it another whirl since I don't get HDNet (grrrr) andcan't watch Ring of Honor.� Let me say...anyone who says this is better than WWE needs to be hit over the head with a tack hammer because they are aretard.� From the commentary, to the way the segments flow, to the overall presentation.� There are a few matches that are better than the E but theycompletely lose their luster once they end in typical TNA fashion, either�by run in or DQ.� Not to mention the fact that they are worse than the E when itcomes to managing talent.� TNA has as much if not more young talent than WWE yet they continue to have Sting vs. another old fart as the championship match.� Imean seriously, Mick Foley is your�main event for a PPV?� Oh, and speaking of Sting...

- As a lifelong wrestling fan I have never been able to grasp the concept of why Sting is so popular.� Everything about him is dull.� From his in ring moves,to his crowd interactions, to his mic skills (which are atrocious in my opinion).� I understand the whole Sting vs. the NWO phenomenon...it was epic TV duringits time.� But does that warrant him being a main event superstar in the year, 2009?� That *+%* was 10 years ago!� And even before the whole "crow"Sting, I never knew why he was so beloved.� Was it because he had face paint?� He had good matches with Ric Flair but who didn't have good matches with RicFlair?� Bottom line, Sting blows...moving on...

-�With Taz's (i refuse to refer to him with two Zs)�contract with WWE expiring, I'm not really expecting to ever see him again on TV.� So since the Ewon't ever let you see him as anything other than a "fat, little obnoxious color commentator"...here is the man I will remember...This is Taz...

FTW!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Towards the end of the WWE RAW event last night in Dublin, Ireland, the lights went out and The Undertaker's bell went off. WWE ring announcer Tony Chimel then announced that WWE's tour of Europe next April in 2010 would be a part of The Undertaker's retirement.

There's been a lot of talk about Undertaker lightening his schedule, but the word "retirement" hasn't been brought up by any backstage sources recently.

It seems unusual that WWE would announce something as big as the retirement of one of their biggest stars like this but two different fan reports from the show say the same thing. We will definitely follow up on this as soon as possible.

[/font]-It was announced at last night's WWE Raw house show in Dublin, Ireland the company will be back in November and it will be The Undertaker's retirement tour. As previously noted, the tour is called Undertaker's Rest In Peace Tour and will feature the SmackDown and ECW brands.

There have been rumors for months that Undertaker was nearing the end of his run in WWE and he was said to be in especially rough shape over WrestleMania weekend. As we noted on here, Undertaker spent a good amount of time over the weekend icing his knees which continue to bother him.

It is likely Undertaker will continue to work until WrestleMania next year before calling it a career.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I know I'm beating a dead hhhorse..but all I can say is the main event at Wrestlemania XXV is everything thats wrong with the leadership in the WWE.� Sadly, the only thing that would change it is a full scale�mutiny or an extra-marital affair...c'mon Kelly Kelly, work your magic!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I was wondering where you were my dude. Great post, as usual.
pimp.gif

Taz Comments On WWE Release

Taz posted the following message on his Facebook Page today:

Well, after leaving WWE recently, I would like to make my first public comments here on the page. I would like to thank the Pro Wrestling fan base for the support through all my years with ECW & WWE! I especially want to thank all of you on this Facebook fan page from all over the world! I try to read most of your comments and I am truly flattered on how many of you supported what I did in the real ECW and my broadcasting accomplishments in WWE. Lets face it, after my debut at MSG vs the great Kurt Angle their wasn't much for me to "hang my hat on" as a wrestler during my tenure wrestling for WWE.

Now, I want to clear up some "true & false" for all of you....

TRUE
-My contract expired the end of March and I had given my notice several weeks prior
-I ask WWE for my release to pursue other interest
-I offered to call Wrestlemania while I was not contractually obligated....and offered to call the show for free to the company.
-I have fulfilled EVERY obligation to the WWE, and pride myself on leaving the proper/professional way.
-On my way out, from Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn & Stephanie ALL treated me great...which was cool.
-I APPRECIATE all of the offers for appearances but right now I'm just doing very few appearances (if any). I'm gonna chill out and watch my kid hit baseballs.
-I am done wrestling. At 41 years old, several neck and shoulder issues...not happening. I would be a former shell of myself.
-I too have hated the extra "Z"

FALSE
-Burnout (If anything, I'm more inspired & motivated now than ever)

Hopefully that clears up some things people were saying in regards to my situation. Also, I have had the opportunity of becoming friends with so many talented & awesome people within the WWE while working there for nearly 10 years and will miss many of them! I would like to thank the writers, road & studio crew and all the talent...especially guys I have a closer friendship with.

I especially want thank three of the main play by play guys I've work with.

Joey Styles
-A dear friend whom I've been goombas with for 15 years and will stay friends with! I felt Joey never had a chance to truly be "Joey Styles" in WWE as an announce talent...that's a shame. But the announce style is completely different than anything Joey ever really did in the business....tough to adapt.

Jim Ross
-The best of the best! True Hall of Famer and a man I respect and appreciate. I cannot thank him enough for all he has taught me as an announcer...as of recent JR & I were the Smack announce team and were doing a strong job in my view....we have shared some good times on many road trips as of recent...BOOMER SOONER!! And I'm a Nebraska Husker fan (lol)

Micheal Cole
-One of my best friends...a guy that truly gave me the confidence to excel as a color commentator years ago in WWE...Cole taught me how to get over the talent, the storylines and get over the brand! He was the only one that had the balls to flat out say to me "its not about you anymore"...I respect that. Amazing work ethic, always would try to find a way for me to get over on him...zero ego & underrated!
I been hearing that Cole has been getting bashed by some on-line fans lately- check this out, if you work at McDonald's and your boss wants you to cook BicMac's...you than go and cook BIG MACS! Anyway, I look forward to working with Cole in the future in some capacity be it TV or Radio.

I want thank World Wrestling Entertainment and the McMahon Family for all the years and all the opportunities...they allowed me a great ride which I truly appreciate.

In closing, I've been in the Pro Wrestling business for 23 years and I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon.

I plan to make an impact real soon in this, the ultimate in businesses and keep it's honor....lol....sorry for crossing the line with my sophomoric humor! Survive if I let you.

FTW
Taz

I'm watching Smackdown. I missed the beginning. Did they even acknowledge the draft? Because this certainly feels like an episode of Raw with all the guyson tonight's show.

TNA issued text messages to mobile subscribers that announced the signing of former World Champions from other organizations. The first message last night announced the signing of one former World Champion and teased details at Lockdown. On Friday, the company issued a second message to announce the signing of "another former world champion from another organization."

One can be Taz...how about the other one?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

- As of this past Sunday night, WWE officials still did not have a first draft script ready for RAW the next night with the WWE Draft. That's pretty unusual that for a big three-hour show like the Draft, they knew very little about what was going to happen less than 24 hours before showtime.
The same exact thing happened last year. The draft wasn't finalized until the afternoon of the show, and other than HHH, wrestlers didn'teven know they were being drafted until about 90 seconds before their names were announced.

Back
Top Bottom