Wrestling Thread Apr 15-21 | 4/16 Forget that Awful Raw... WRESTLEMANIA PPV PRED CONTEST RESULTS!

If Punk isn't returning til Summerslam, get ready for Cena beating Ryback, Big Show on the heel side, and Orton in an "epic showdown" of...something, before then.

I think I remember seeing that Generico sign during the Punk segment, and didn't see it again after that.

Very good match from Wade Barrett & Justin Gabriel. You would've thought Gabriel had a credible buildup to face him for the title based on all the offense he got. Another wasted talent.

- At Monday’s RAW from Greenville, South Carolina, a fan reportedly held up a “RAW Is Generico” sign and was moved by security, taken from his paid seat to the opposite side of the arena and a seat filler took his seat at ringside. The fan asked security why he was being moved and was told the people running the show didn’t want him sitting there because of his sign.

The fan reportedly asked if they could just take the sign and let him sit at ringside but was told by a security guard that he was about to be kicked out because the people running the show, presumably WWE officials, didn’t want him there. Another guard told the fan that wasn’t correct, they just didn’t want him in front of the camera. Apparently another man who was sitting with the fan also had his seats changed after he was seen holding up a sign related to Ring of Honor.

:smh: let my man cook

Also, does anyone else wish WWE would make Sandow a bigger character? I'm new to the forum so I'm not exactly sure how any of you guys feel about him...
I agree Sandow is a star heel in my eyes.   I would love to see him get a big push.

I agree Sandow is a star heel in my eyes.   I would love to see him get a big push.

Also agree. Thought he was going to become IC Champ before the whole tag team thing with Rhodes initially happened.

Speaking of Rhodes....anyone think he should turn face?

Last edited:
WWE needs to have a tournament for the mid card guys to setup the winner either facing the IC champion or the US champion.  They need to throw some main event guys in the mix too.   Have the majority of the wins be clean especially the last couple matches of the tournament so they can get wrestlers over.   They need to bring the prestige back for both titles.  I remember growing up when those titles actually meant something.  Now they mean nothing.  
mean.gif
   Have a 16 man single elimination tournament with Sandow, Cesaro, Rhodes, Titus O'Neil, R-Truth, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel, Big E, Orton, Mark Henry, Swagger, Fandango, Mark Henry, Del Rio, Big Show, Zack Ryder or whoever etc.  I feel like the main reason why the IC and the US titles don't mean **** anymore is because they just have the jobbers compete for them.    They need main event guys to compete for those titles too.     Once the prestige gets restored to these titles I think it will help  WWE build there mid card talent up.  

Another thing I am sick of with WWE is that they continue to have the same feuds over and over again.  The same matches over and over again. From the main event guys all the way down to the jobbers. lol It's time to start some fresh feuds!   Enough of me ranting here's some matches I was watching earlier of when the IC and US Titles meant something.

Bret Hart vs British Bulldog
Stone Cold vs The Rock
History of the Intercontinental Champioship
Goldberg vs Raven
Sting vs Scott Steiner   sorry in 2 parts. 

Last edited:
maybe its the liquor talking with me re watching raw, but why don't they put the title on Brock? he's part time like the rock but can actually wrestle and with his limited work usage it would give the title more prestige seeing it defended every few months. But I'm sure his yoloness wouldn't allow it 

maybe its the liquor talking with me re watching raw, but why don't they put the title on Brock? he's part time like the rock but can actually wrestle and with his limited work usage it would give the title more prestige seeing it defended every few months. But I'm sure his yoloness wouldn't allow it 
I wouldn't mind that.  Then we could get Brock vs Punk eventually for the WWE title.

The funny thing is talent is not the issue with the mid-card dudes. They have a lot of dudes that can GO and since they are mid0card, they don't need much mic work. They can just work. Arn Anderson was there in WCW. So was Dusty. They know how to get mid-carders going from the WCW model. Use it. Just let folks WRESTLE. As simple as that.

Also, does anyone else wish WWE would make Sandow a bigger character? I'm new to the forum so I'm not exactly sure how any of you guys feel about him...

I've been saying that for ages. He doesn't need to be face or heel. He can be a tweener for all I care. A Sandow vs CM Punk rivalry would be epic.

They need to let Jack Swagger rot backstage and let Sandow do his thing.

Last edited:
The same thing about Alberto Del Rio. WWE wants to boost their Latino demographic, why does that mean ABR has to be a FACE? I mean if he is a heel wouldn't it bring in the same amount of Latino viewership? He was better as the fancy car driving rich jerk. I don't like this new dude. And that new dumb music.

The thing is, is is that he's even more time part time than Rock. He's only contracted into a certain amount of Raw/PPV appearances.

The same thing about Alberto Del Rio. WWE wants to boost their Latino demographic, why does that mean ABR has to be a FACE? I mean if he is a heel wouldn't it bring in the same amount of Latino viewership? He was better as the fancy car driving rich jerk. I don't like this new dude. And that new dumb music.

Yup and what made it even more stupid is that the change was done so all of a sudden.

The thing is, is is that he's even more time part time than Rock. He's only contracted into a certain amount of Raw/PPV appearances.
that could be a blessing in disguise honestly. Less is more ; then when someone goes over it will feel meaningful. they could build his title bouts as real defenses like his ufc bouts or boxing cards. I had such high hopes when he came back lat year and destroyed cena not because it was cena but because i was like how can they make him look weak now, then extreme rules happen. He put an *** whipping on cena the whole match which looked legit till super cena showed up at the end . i didnt even bother watching his work over the summer time honestly and it just seems stupid for him to be this big monster who destroys everybody until the ppv . i wish they didnt add that stupid stipulation of career on the line in trips match cause i knew then hhh was going over .And on that subject how is it good buisness to let the coo go over the 5 million dollar man ? what does hhh and wwe gain by that victory? wouldnt a ryback vs brock be better at the time ?

I agree.  When Eddie Guerrero was a heel he still got over.  

Going back and watching old matches I realize a few things.  1. The crowds were a lot better.  Probably do to the fan base being mostly adults.  WWE can still be a kid friendly show but they need to make it more pg 13 instead of it being all pg.  A lot of the gimmicks and jokes are just corny.  2. The wrestlers use to come out with more intensity. But then again that was probably due to the crowds being more into it.

BEST F5 EVER!!!

You have to manually skip to 2 or 3 seconds into the video to get it to run.  Probably a way to get around WWE blocking it.

Back
Top Bottom