Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

Originally Posted by BronLe

IMO WWE should let the bigger talent like Cena and Punk and Orton improvise more often, might lead to better promos
I don't know about Cena, he's always taken cues form big hero speeches from movies like Braveheart, Gladiator, and Big Momma's House 2.

IMO WWE should let the bigger talent like Cena and Punk and Orton improvise more often, might lead to better promos
I don't know about Cena, he's always taken cues form big hero speeches from movies like Braveheart, Gladiator, and Big Momma's House 2.

aside from punk GOD did anyone notice any ryder signs in the crowd? They were talking about it on live audio wrestling and I was thinking about it and I dont remember seeing any.

aside from punk GOD did anyone notice any ryder signs in the crowd? They were talking about it on live audio wrestling and I was thinking about it and I dont remember seeing any.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

The buzz from this promo is everywhere. Could this get the general public back into wrestling?

Maybe.

I used watch wrestling religiously but this sh!@ is trash now. Every now and then I'll flip to it to see whats going on but I only watch it for like 10 mins. Punk just went ham, that video is everywhere. What he did was needed.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

The buzz from this promo is everywhere. Could this get the general public back into wrestling?

Maybe.

I used watch wrestling religiously but this sh!@ is trash now. Every now and then I'll flip to it to see whats going on but I only watch it for like 10 mins. Punk just went ham, that video is everywhere. What he did was needed.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Lmfao around 2006 and 2007 he was pretty funny. He was like a white Rock, down to the hermaphrodite lines with Todd Grisham when interviewed similar to Rock and Coachman/that Mark dudeIt almost seems the WWE at first tried to mimic Austin at first with his rebel attitude early in his career, then Rock, now Hogan.IMO Cena is (or was) pretty funny without that superhero stuffBut honestly, WWE started pandering to kids (6 and 7 year olds by my definition) around 2007, so right about now is the time that they hit teen yearsSame thing happened with kids in the 80s and them becoming teens in the 90sBtw y'all saw Punk's promo on World Star Hip Hop, people thought it was real according to the comments lmaoSmh why am I in the wrestling thread lol, NBA needs to come back fast...

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Lmfao around 2006 and 2007 he was pretty funny. He was like a white Rock, down to the hermaphrodite lines with Todd Grisham when interviewed similar to Rock and Coachman/that Mark dudeIt almost seems the WWE at first tried to mimic Austin at first with his rebel attitude early in his career, then Rock, now Hogan.IMO Cena is (or was) pretty funny without that superhero stuffBut honestly, WWE started pandering to kids (6 and 7 year olds by my definition) around 2007, so right about now is the time that they hit teen yearsSame thing happened with kids in the 80s and them becoming teens in the 90sBtw y'all saw Punk's promo on World Star Hip Hop, people thought it was real according to the comments lmaoSmh why am I in the wrestling thread lol, NBA needs to come back fast...

^^^^why doesnt the return button (iPod Touch) work for NT? Makes it looks like Idk how to use periods.

^^^^why doesnt the return button (iPod Touch) work for NT? Makes it looks like Idk how to use periods.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

can somebody explain the reason for this wrestling history lesson we are getting

laugh.gif

actually at one point cena was my favorite wrestler (intercontinental cha,p heel Battle rapping cena) but now a days i wanna punch him everytime he opens his mouth

actually at one point cena was my favorite wrestler (intercontinental cha,p heel Battle rapping cena) but now a days i wanna punch him everytime he opens his mouth

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Cena was never intercontinental champion

well i guess i meant midcard, around that level
edit- there we go Peep Game, I knew he was some type of midcard champ 
laugh.gif

well i guess i meant midcard, around that level
edit- there we go Peep Game, I knew he was some type of midcard champ 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club 27

He meant US champion, but honestly, Cena stopped being intertainging about 5 months after he turned face. He was awesome from 2002-early2004.

He meant US champion, but honestly, Cena stopped being intertainging about 5 months after he turned face. He was awesome from 2002-early2004.

Just watched the ending of raw. I used to watch wrestling religiously in the late 90s and early 2000s. Lost interest and only tuned in sparingly after that. But I gotta admit that CM Punk's promo totally engaged me (and probably every other viewer) in a way that the wwe hasn't in a very long time. Well done mr. Punk.

Just watched the ending of raw. I used to watch wrestling religiously in the late 90s and early 2000s. Lost interest and only tuned in sparingly after that. But I gotta admit that CM Punk's promo totally engaged me (and probably every other viewer) in a way that the wwe hasn't in a very long time. Well done mr. Punk.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

He meant US champion, but honestly, Cena stopped being intertainging entertaining about 5 months after he turned face. He was awesome from 2002-early2004.

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my bad, looking at all this booty in these appreciation threads got me spelling wrong

Back
Top Bottom