Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by likethematrix

- Yea he said most of what we know (the hardcore wrestling fan) but if you think most wrestling fans know that stuff your just straight up wrong. most casual wrestling fan has no idea that HHH is taking over let alone what ROH and NEW Japan are. PSHH most of them probablly already forgot who Paul Heyman is.
-The fact that you dont know where the storyline is gonna go is a good thing, not a bad thing.

-This is not entertaining? no ones talking about this? This video is on the front page of world star hip hop right now as i type
laugh.gif
, and ive seen it on the front page of every wrestling website iv been on, and talked about on every podcast? Hell the wrestlers that your saying Punk cant hold a candle too are all getting on there twitters praising him right now

- idk where uve been but there still are all kinds of stars in the crowd and participating...weve had donald trump, snookie, Money Maywheather, Snoop Dogg all not only participate but get physical in the ring lately and those are just the people off the top of my head.

-Wrestling is about buff dudes which is a problem, but its def not even close to as sexual as it was (which i also think is a problem)

-u may not want real life feelings being put out there but i think its a good thing, but i guess youd rather watch matches with sting tag-teaming with robocop 
sick.gif

-Im not that big of a sting fan but to say the guys today cant lace Ric Flairs boots is just a silly argument....No body of yesterday could lace Ric Flairs boots either
laugh.gif
, the only person i consider in his class is Shawn Micheals

- Ive watched wrestling my entire life and your trying to come in here and trash on todays wrestling without, realizing that wrestling when u watched it too had its problems also. 

That was probably one of the worst wrestling segments I can remember. The only one worst than that was the minute Tony Schivone screamed "It's...it's THE YET-TAY".

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by likethematrix

- Yea he said most of what we know (the hardcore wrestling fan) but if you think most wrestling fans know that stuff your just straight up wrong. most casual wrestling fan has no idea that HHH is taking over let alone what ROH and NEW Japan are. PSHH most of them probablly already forgot who Paul Heyman is.
-The fact that you dont know where the storyline is gonna go is a good thing, not a bad thing.

-This is not entertaining? no ones talking about this? This video is on the front page of world star hip hop right now as i type
laugh.gif
, and ive seen it on the front page of every wrestling website iv been on, and talked about on every podcast? Hell the wrestlers that your saying Punk cant hold a candle too are all getting on there twitters praising him right now

- idk where uve been but there still are all kinds of stars in the crowd and participating...weve had donald trump, snookie, Money Maywheather, Snoop Dogg all not only participate but get physical in the ring lately and those are just the people off the top of my head.

-Wrestling is about buff dudes which is a problem, but its def not even close to as sexual as it was (which i also think is a problem)

-u may not want real life feelings being put out there but i think its a good thing, but i guess youd rather watch matches with sting tag-teaming with robocop 
sick.gif

-Im not that big of a sting fan but to say the guys today cant lace Ric Flairs boots is just a silly argument....No body of yesterday could lace Ric Flairs boots either
laugh.gif
, the only person i consider in his class is Shawn Micheals

- Ive watched wrestling my entire life and your trying to come in here and trash on todays wrestling without, realizing that wrestling when u watched it too had its problems also. 

That was probably one of the worst wrestling segments I can remember. The only one worst than that was the minute Tony Schivone screamed "It's...it's THE YET-TAY".

Was watching Martin and he said "Open up a can of Whup-A**" and "Stomp a Mudhole"

Wrestling must have really been big back then lol

Now we got Cena on Nickelodeon

smh

And I presume Punk was wearing the Austin shirt, because this might be his 3:16 moment

Was watching Martin and he said "Open up a can of Whup-A**" and "Stomp a Mudhole"

smh

And I presume Punk was wearing the Austin shirt, because this might be his 3:16 moment

smh

smh

Seven years ago today I won the WWE Championship from my dear friend Eddie Guerrero in a Bull Rope Match in Norfolk, Virginia. Bull rope matches can be terrible because you are so limited-I had hundreds over my career and some were pretty bad! This one went well.

The finish went perfect with Eddie squashing me in the corner and unknowingly causing me to win. Eddie had lost a tremendous amount of blood at the first match we had in the Staples Center a month before. So, we had to be careful with Eddie because he was still having problems from this. However, Eddie-as he always did-rose to the occasion and carried me through another title match.

I could never have had the run I had without the “feud

Seven years ago today I won the WWE Championship from my dear friend Eddie Guerrero in a Bull Rope Match in Norfolk, Virginia. Bull rope matches can be terrible because you are so limited-I had hundreds over my career and some were pretty bad! This one went well.

The finish went perfect with Eddie squashing me in the corner and unknowingly causing me to win. Eddie had lost a tremendous amount of blood at the first match we had in the Staples Center a month before. So, we had to be careful with Eddie because he was still having problems from this. However, Eddie-as he always did-rose to the occasion and carried me through another title match.

I could never have had the run I had without the “feud

- Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk’s deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night’s new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.

- Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk’s deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night’s new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.

Someone posted the Austin video from ecw a few pages back. He had made references to snow angels like when he was in ROH. I am tired of trying to wonder what it all means though. Enjoy it. Let's worry about if he is leaving once it happens.

Someone posted the Austin video from ecw a few pages back. He had made references to snow angels like when he was in ROH. I am tired of trying to wonder what it all means though. Enjoy it. Let's worry about if he is leaving once it happens.

i dunno. maybe pun k is smarter than we all think. maybe this will force the wwe to re sign him. i sure as hell wouldnt want a dude who blasted me on air and gave one of the best promos to leave the company...

i dunno. maybe pun k is smarter than we all think. maybe this will force the wwe to re sign him. i sure as hell wouldnt want a dude who blasted me on air and gave one of the best promos to leave the company...

IMO WWE should let the bigger talent like Cena and Punk and Orton improvise more often, might lead to better promos

IMO WWE should let the bigger talent like Cena and Punk and Orton improvise more often, might lead to better promos

Back
Top Bottom