Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

Originally Posted by Rod301

likethematrix wrote:
man.... what the hell is this crap today?

This... I Used To Love Wrestling With A Passion... I Remember Going To Smackdown And Raw Some Years Back At The Verizon Center.
pimp.gif

But The Story Lines Now Are Jus Straight Up Garbage... Back In 07/08 (Not To Sure) When They Did The 1st WWE Draft Is Where It Started Falling Off... It Gave The Show A Much Needed Change But At The Same Time It Seperated Everyone, Which In All Was A Bad Move. They Need A Unique And Creative Roster Again... Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertanker, Chris Jerico, Benoit, Kane, Rakishi, The Dudley Boys, The Hardys, Edge... Man That Whole Roster In That Time Period Was Jus 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I Miss These Days Man...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hell yea man. The last WWE game I played was SVR 2006, but the best wrestling games hands down were Smackdown
Here Comes The Pain, Wrestlemania 2000, and WCW/NWO Revenge. Wrestlefest is a great throwback too, but man, the roster
between late 1996-2003 was incredible. At every single level, you were gettin your money's worth --- hardcore, midcard, the women,
tag teams, and the main events. Every person was made to be important from Steve Blackman, Al Snow, and Crash Holly all the way
up to Rock, Austin and HHH. Now, it's basically Cena, Orton, and.............yea.

likethematrix wrote:

This... I Used To Love Wrestling With A Passion... I Remember Going To Smackdown And Raw Some Years Back At The Verizon Center.
pimp.gif

But The Story Lines Now Are Jus Straight Up Garbage... Back In 07/08 (Not To Sure) When They Did The 1st WWE Draft Is Where It Started Falling Off... It Gave The Show A Much Needed Change But At The Same Time It Seperated Everyone, Which In All Was A Bad Move. They Need A Unique And Creative Roster Again... Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertanker, Chris Jerico, Benoit, Kane, Rakishi, The Dudley Boys, The Hardys, Edge... Man That Whole Roster In That Time Period Was Jus 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I Miss These Days Man...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hell yea man. The last WWE game I played was SVR 2006, but the best wrestling games hands down were Smackdown
Here Comes The Pain, Wrestlemania 2000, and WCW/NWO Revenge. Wrestlefest is a great throwback too, but man, the roster
between late 1996-2003 was incredible. At every single level, you were gettin your money's worth --- hardcore, midcard, the women,
tag teams, and the main events. Every person was made to be important from Steve Blackman, Al Snow, and Crash Holly all the way
up to Rock, Austin and HHH. Now, it's basically Cena, Orton, and.............yea.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

Originally Posted by likethematrix

remember that time when the bushwackers were fighting the the nasty boys and they had earthquake and the bushwackers had typhoon
then they BOTH TURNED ON THEIR TEAMS and made the natural disasters?

man.... those were the days

and remember when undertaker stopped jake the snake tried to hit miss elizabeth with a chair and then him and macho man were friends and he turned from heel to babyface

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I never knew how they formed any video of this online?
they did it during a 3 on 3 at a wrestlemania or in your house.
and peepgame... come on man.
lex luger body slammed yokozuna on a %@@$+*% aircraft carrier.

Vader fought Lawrence Taylor for no damn reason.

Austin sprayed vince with a water hose of beer.

these things were on the news. like local news everywhere.

now i gotta see a straight edge cry baby?

Owen (r.i.p) cried a hell of alot better.

IM NOT A NUGGET

lmao.

i just hopped on youtube and watched some cmpunk highlights. hes not even entertaining wrestling.

maybe it seriously just is me and im being a nostalgic ##@##@.

i remember when Austin 3:16 tshirts used to be a USA CLOTHING STAPLE.

ahh... i remember.

Originally Posted by biff lawson

remember that time when the bushwackers were fighting the the nasty boys and they had earthquake and the bushwackers had typhoon
then they BOTH TURNED ON THEIR TEAMS and made the natural disasters?

man.... those were the days

and remember when undertaker stopped jake the snake tried to hit miss elizabeth with a chair and then him and macho man were friends and he turned from heel to babyface

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I never knew how they formed any video of this online?
they did it during a 3 on 3 at a wrestlemania or in your house.
and peepgame... come on man.
lex luger body slammed yokozuna on a %@@$+*% aircraft carrier.

Vader fought Lawrence Taylor for no damn reason.

Austin sprayed vince with a water hose of beer.

these things were on the news. like local news everywhere.

now i gotta see a straight edge cry baby?

Owen (r.i.p) cried a hell of alot better.

IM NOT A NUGGET

lmao.

i just hopped on youtube and watched some cmpunk highlights. hes not even entertaining wrestling.

maybe it seriously just is me and im being a nostalgic ##@##@.

i remember when Austin 3:16 tshirts used to be a USA CLOTHING STAPLE.

ahh... i remember.

can somebody explain the reason for this wrestling history lesson we are getting

can somebody explain the reason for this wrestling history lesson we are getting

Originally Posted by Peep Game

likethematrix wrote:

pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

I Miss These Days Man...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Here Comes The Pain, Wrestlemania 2000, and WCW/NWO Revenge

Cant forget No Mercy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

likethematrix wrote:

pimp.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif

I Miss These Days Man...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Here Comes The Pain, Wrestlemania 2000, and WCW/NWO Revenge

Cant forget No Mercy
pimp.gif

i mean he said what all of us already know. this isnt cool.
like where is this story line supposed to go?

im a 90s-00s wrestling expert in a way.

this is NOT ENTERTAINING.

hence the reason why NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WRESTING ANY MORE.

idk how old u cats are, but wrestling used to be a big deal to practically everyone.

this is when no limit hit the wcw and all kinds of stars were showin the the wwf crowds or participated in the shows.

there used to be people everyone could root for.

youre a little guy? well we got the lightweight championship or the IC championship

are there even tag team belts anymore?

remember when there was a legit hardcore belt that you could get pinned anywhere for?

now, the wwe is all sex, super buffed dudes, and real life scenarios.

im not interested in seeing a man put his true feelings on tv for the world to hear.

no one is. hence why wrestling is practically dead in the eyes of the sports world.

like how are bragging about how good you are when all the results are pre decided? and everyone already knows that fact?

I saw Ric Flair wrestle Sting (back when he was colorful) for the WCW championship.

cm punk couldnt tie a bootlace compared to those guys.

they were legit actors and athletes with showmanship and a hell of a way with words.

made you wanna go buy their crap and rep it hard.

im bout to look for my old wwf magazines and school you kids on what wrestling should be.

hell i rank Raven and Sabu's personality over CMpunk or john cena

- Yea he said most of what we know (the hardcore wrestling fan) but if you think most wrestling fans know that stuff your just straight up wrong. most casual wrestling fan has no idea that HHH is taking over let alone what ROH and NEW Japan are. PSHH most of them probablly already forgot who Paul Heyman is.
-The fact that you dont know where the storyline is gonna go is a good thing, not a bad thing.

-This is not entertaining? no ones talking about this? This video is on the front page of world star hip hop right now as i type
laugh.gif
, and ive seen it on the front page of every wrestling website iv been on, and talked about on every podcast? Hell the wrestlers that your saying Punk cant hold a candle too are all getting on there twitters praising him right now

- idk where uve been but there still are all kinds of stars in the crowd and participating...weve had donald trump, snookie, Money Maywheather, Snoop Dogg all not only participate but get physical in the ring lately and those are just the people off the top of my head.

-Wrestling is about buff dudes which is a problem, but its def not even close to as sexual as it was (which i also think is a problem)

-u may not want real life feelings being put out there but i think its a good thing, but i guess youd rather watch matches with sting tag-teaming with robocop 
sick.gif

-Im not that big of a sting fan but to say the guys today cant lace Ric Flairs boots is just a silly argument....No body of yesterday could lace Ric Flairs boots either
laugh.gif
, the only person i consider in his class is Shawn Micheals

- Ive watched wrestling my entire life and your trying to come in here and trash on todays wrestling without, realizing that wrestling when u watched it too had its problems also. 

i mean he said what all of us already know. this isnt cool.
like where is this story line supposed to go?

im a 90s-00s wrestling expert in a way.

this is NOT ENTERTAINING.

hence the reason why NO ONE TALKS ABOUT WRESTING ANY MORE.

idk how old u cats are, but wrestling used to be a big deal to practically everyone.

this is when no limit hit the wcw and all kinds of stars were showin the the wwf crowds or participated in the shows.

there used to be people everyone could root for.

youre a little guy? well we got the lightweight championship or the IC championship

are there even tag team belts anymore?

remember when there was a legit hardcore belt that you could get pinned anywhere for?

now, the wwe is all sex, super buffed dudes, and real life scenarios.

im not interested in seeing a man put his true feelings on tv for the world to hear.

no one is. hence why wrestling is practically dead in the eyes of the sports world.

like how are bragging about how good you are when all the results are pre decided? and everyone already knows that fact?

I saw Ric Flair wrestle Sting (back when he was colorful) for the WCW championship.

cm punk couldnt tie a bootlace compared to those guys.

they were legit actors and athletes with showmanship and a hell of a way with words.

made you wanna go buy their crap and rep it hard.

im bout to look for my old wwf magazines and school you kids on what wrestling should be.

hell i rank Raven and Sabu's personality over CMpunk or john cena

- Yea he said most of what we know (the hardcore wrestling fan) but if you think most wrestling fans know that stuff your just straight up wrong. most casual wrestling fan has no idea that HHH is taking over let alone what ROH and NEW Japan are. PSHH most of them probablly already forgot who Paul Heyman is.
-The fact that you dont know where the storyline is gonna go is a good thing, not a bad thing.

-This is not entertaining? no ones talking about this? This video is on the front page of world star hip hop right now as i type
laugh.gif
, and ive seen it on the front page of every wrestling website iv been on, and talked about on every podcast? Hell the wrestlers that your saying Punk cant hold a candle too are all getting on there twitters praising him right now

- idk where uve been but there still are all kinds of stars in the crowd and participating...weve had donald trump, snookie, Money Maywheather, Snoop Dogg all not only participate but get physical in the ring lately and those are just the people off the top of my head.

-Wrestling is about buff dudes which is a problem, but its def not even close to as sexual as it was (which i also think is a problem)

-u may not want real life feelings being put out there but i think its a good thing, but i guess youd rather watch matches with sting tag-teaming with robocop 
sick.gif

-Im not that big of a sting fan but to say the guys today cant lace Ric Flairs boots is just a silly argument....No body of yesterday could lace Ric Flairs boots either
laugh.gif
, the only person i consider in his class is Shawn Micheals

- Ive watched wrestling my entire life and your trying to come in here and trash on todays wrestling without, realizing that wrestling when u watched it too had its problems also. 

- WWE posted the following storyline update this afternoon on CM Punk:

“UPDATE: As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another.

- WWE posted the following storyline update this afternoon on CM Punk:

“UPDATE: As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Did anyone figure out why Punk was wearing stone cold's shirt?
Paul Heyman DID wear a SCSA hat when he was "shooting". Could mean something, could mean nothing at all. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Did anyone figure out why Punk was wearing stone cold's shirt?
Paul Heyman DID wear a SCSA hat when he was "shooting". Could mean something, could mean nothing at all. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom