Wrestling Thread 5/19-6/1 | WWE Payback PPV - Shield v Evolution | Will Daniel Bryan Forfeit His Tit

WM30 had a lot of strong moments. A few questionable things such as the Wyatt/Cena outcome and putting The Shield in that terrible match. Taker/Lesnar match was really bad, but in my opinion produced the biggest moment of the whole night.

VKM is "fully on board" with a Rusev push.

langston.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Haven't been on this for awhile, plus I haven't had any cable to watch Raw for the past couple weeks. But the surveys done.

why doesnt paul heyman have a bigger role in the wwe,i feel like he would be a good boss type villian sort of like vince.orrr at least give him a heenan style type stable.i would love some heenan/cornette style antics during matches.

i also loved the those million dollar man managed maches where they would be wondering which wrestler sold out lol 
Insecurity of folks on top?
I would think whatever inner issues folks have with JR would be the same thing here

I don't get this hype you people put on WM XXX. It was very enh.
Dudes were prisoners of the moment. WM was OK at best to me.

Backstage Expectations High for WWE Payback Event

F4WOnline.com reports that there are people backstage at WWE who believe the Payback event on Sunday will be a good show because there is no way WWE can let the developmental talent on the NXT Takeover special outshine the main roster on PPV.
Or they could start to dumb down the NXT product to ensure it no longer is in a position to overshadow the main roster.

Last edited:
They already dumbed NXT down starting last fall it took a dive in quality when it became strictly jobber matches instead of the superstars having meaningful matches. Now, we have to wait once a quarter or for random tournament to see quality matches.

Problem with the main roster is character development and meaningful storylines. Which is odd since they have so much programming (3 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown, Superstars and Main Event).

Attitude Era despite being an endless deluge of swerves, angles and hardly any quality matches at least made you care about the characters and there were countless storylines that are remembered today.

Problem with Payback is it's basically Extreme Rulez redux for the big angles. Bray/Cena feud is going on 4 months. There is nothing of consequence. Whereas Takeover had several title matches and some character building for Rusev and Rose.

Bray needs to win that Last Man Standing match, yet based on the booking since this feud started, I don't see how Cena doesn't win. Backed in a corner booking is great.

Bray needs to win that Last Man Standing match, yet based on the booking since this feud started, I don't see how Cena doesn't win. Backed in a corner booking is great.

They should of let him win at mania. I finally got around to watching mania yesterday and they really dropped the ball imo. It was the perfect time to do it the crowd was in brays hands. WWE is just so scared of the make a wish thing which I cant blame them thats alot of money to lose. This just shows they needed to build another babyface to take his place every great face goes heel atleast once.

They already dumbed NXT down starting last fall it took a dive in quality when it became strictly jobber matches instead of the superstars having meaningful matches. Now, we have to wait once a quarter or for random tournament to see quality matches.
Stay with me here.

I always loved NXT because it reminded me of old WCW-C Show. Pro, Worldwide, Saturday Night. Many of those matches used jobbers.

The mid 90's model of wrestling, star vs star, was created during the Monday Night Wars. That is no longer needed since there is no competition. Building characters through beating lesser talent, showing off their moves, and developing over time is what worked before the Monday night Wars.

This created importance when matches between established talent instead of getting it every week like we currently do. Maybe WWE is using NXT the way the NBA uses the D-League. By that I mean using concepts on the developmental side to see if those concepts can be moved to the main product at some point.

So in short, I don't think using enhancement talent is a form of dumbing down the product.

Last edited:
That survey was really tough....

Decided to watch NXT Arrival last night since I enjoyed watching Takeover so much the other night. Zayn/Cesaro was great. Was the 2 of 3 falls match with them better? Overall, thought Takeover was the better show.

Back
Top Bottom