Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
overall it was pretty average

HHH vs Brock and Punk vs Taker were very good

The Rock vs. Cena was terrible; I had people over who don't watch wrestling and all they kept asking was why they keep doing the same thing over and over again :smh:

Basically that was the same environment over here..

My guests ask me before the match..who's winning? I told them Cena..

at the end of the match.. my guests was asking me why do I always watch this if I already know the outcome..

Really?

That was Owen Heart's gimmick when he came crashing down from a zip line and died.

Oh **** forgot about that gimmick smh. I was only 6 when he died and forgot about that. Wrestling fans pass revoked from myself but after seeing this Wrestlemania I dont even mind :lol:
But damn that sign is really messed up then :smh:

Last edited:
Still can't believe why Cesaro wasn't on the card. Dude would have put on a match of the night candidate. Too much BS politics in this company, I'm getting tired of it. But knowing me, they will have my eyes glued to the TV screen every Monday 
mean.gif

underwhelming Wrestlemania...

The time management was off the whole night.

No star-spangled banner? Jobber entrance for Swagger? No special entrances for Cena/Rock? A lot of the small nuances really threw the night off.

The nix of the 8 man tag really messed up the vibe of the main event..the crowd was dead....no pop whatsoever for the one-too-many finish reversals

Henry/Ryback went on for much too long..Jericho/Fandango should have been nixed altogether or replaced by Barrett/Miz..

Best match by far was Taker/Punk...

im only checking for tomorrows raw then thats it for awhile. usually the raw after mania are always hype

only peeped the Taker Vs. Punk, HHH Vs. Lesner & Rock & Cena, and the match that was the best was Taker & Punk. the no holds barred was a close second and Cena & Rock was predictable.

Last edited:
I remember when Lesnar was doing WWE 13 interviews and whatnot, people were saying it was just for the game and there were no talks of him returning and then bam he came back.

Wasn't Batista just around WWE doing some interviews for a HHH DVD? I wouldn't be surprised if he returned tomorrow.

According to the Wrestling Observer -

"WWE officials have discussed having Ryback feud with John Cena for the WWE Title after WrestleMania 29. WWE planted the seeds for the feud when Cena eliminated Ryback to win the Royal Rumble this year."

But he lost tonight.

everybody mad
roll.gif

I didn't think the match was good, like a 6 at best, but overall, it was exactly what I expected in terms of the feud and stuff. I knew Cena would win clean. I knew Cena wouldn't turn heel. I knew the Rock would be putting Cena over, though the embracing was pretty forced since Cena has been forced on the fans as a stale character for almost a decade. And now all the people who were mad that the Rock won and shouldn't be a part timer can stay mad, cause Cena will have the title for like 7 months, and will be beating your favorites
roll.gif
Everything will be back to normal now, see.

roll.gif
OVER RUSTLE

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER GIVE UP!!
laugh.gif

The Once in A Lifetime...for a second time match was by no means a 5* but I was able to enjoy it for what it was. Cena regaining the title was inevitable from the moment he won the Rumble so the match outcome shouldn't have surprised anyone.

I did like the nod to last year's match with Cena going for the People's Elbow again, but this time holding on to the ring ropes this time to avoid the Rock countering with the Rock Bottom.

All the finishers and the kick-outs of said finishers reminded me of a WWE 13 match on the Epic setting.
laugh.gif
Cena hit Rock with a mean Book End.

I could've done without all buddy-buddy post match nonsense. All of that seemed so forced.

The highlight of the night was definitely the Punk vs. Taker match.
pimp.gif

I had low expectations for that match considering the craptastic build but Punk and Taker came through on the big stage like they usually do.

Brock/Triple H was good, despite Triple H apparently forgetting to clean himself after filming a bukkake scene.
sick.gif
Brock looked absolutely beastly in spite of the loss. It took two Pedigrees (one on steel steps), a sledgehammer shot and several Kimura attempts (
mean.gif
) to take him out. This match definitely suffered from going on after Punk/Taker; same could be said for Cena/Rock.

As for the rest of the card: Del Rio/Swagger was good and Ryback/Henry was atrocious but Ryback Shellshocking Mizark was impressive. The other matches weren't bad, but they weren't memorable either.

Overall I didn't have high expectations for Mania, and probably due to that was able to enjoy the show more than some of you. Don't regret my purchase.

:rofl: :rofl: @ "A mean Book End" and "bukkake"

Hate that I missed the Shield/Orton/Show/Sheamus match. I came in on Ambrose making the pin :lol:

I have to say I'm impressed with Fandango's wrestling ability. I just don't like the character, but he brings it (no Rock pun intended) when he's in the ring and put on a pretty good match with Chris Jericho.

Solid PPV.

Crowd was great throughout the whole show, the bad build up definitely hurt it.

:stoneface: @ Dudes saying this was the worst WM.

IX, XI, XII, XV, 2000 say hello

fixed because you don't associate a great main event like that to a bad WM. That match made the event.

After tonight I'm wondering what they have planned for Cena..Who's he going to feud with?..Rock's done, Punk just got done with a Cena feud, Undertaker can't go even part time anymore, Kane sucks, Henry isn't a serious contender..So you got Orton, Show, Sheamus, Ziggler, and Bryan..I doubt they'll give Zigs or DBry any shine..Sheamus is a face..And Orton/Show are both boring..I think WWE made a mistake with Cena as champ..Shoulda had him lose then let Rock put over someone new at E.R.
I'd like to see Reigns feud with Cena with Rollins and Ambrose always at ring side.  Let Reigns win the title and put The Shield over.   It's time for WWE to change things up.   We need new feuds for the entire roster.

Back
Top Bottom