Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
--Right now the plan is to start Christian back imminently.  As of last night, it was as a babyface. 

--Honky Tonk Man on his Facebook page said he signed a new deal with WWE.  That would a Legends Deal.

Yeah and Mike Tyson in the WWE HOF too? Corny.  They gonna put Floyd in there one day?  Is Brooklyn brawler/doink even in the HOF yet?

The my way and any of those numerous Creed song packages were always 
pimp.gif

Any time one of those Creed "My Sacrifice" packages would come on I'd immediately mark out..The one thing you can never take away from WWE is they know how to put a promo video together to get you hyped beyond belief..Hell with the right song and video I'd get hyped for a Santino/Khali match..

This :pimp:

I do think low key that Limp Bizkit song from WM X9 was perfect for that entire PPV, especially for the Rock/Austin promo. Can't remember what PPV or promo used "Headstrong" by Trapt, but that always got my super hype.

This :pimp:

I do think low key that Limp Bizkit song from WM X9 was perfect for that entire PPV, especially for the Rock/Austin promo. Can't remember what PPV or promo used "Headstrong" by Trapt, but that always got my super hype.

Bad Blood 2003. Trust Company- TripleH vs Scott Steiner :smokin

His charity work is why Cena, readying for a highly anticipated rematch against Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson during this weekend's Wrestlemania event at MetLife Stadium, needs to stay the good guy in the ring. It's also why Cena doesn't pay attention to the pro wrestling fans on Twitter who clamor for him to make a switch to the dark side and become a "bad guy."

"To sacrifice all that I do for a short-term story … it doesn't seem worth it," Cena said.
this dude...
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
The fall of the undertaker wrestling honestly is boring an predictable of u been a fan sinc
Ce wwf then ull know theirs nothin left

News & Notes: Part 2

HHH wants Batista back.
Triple H has recently been in talks with Dave Batista in regards to a WWE return for the former WWE Champion. The company has been "very pleased" with how much The Rock and Brock Lesnar have been able to improve business despite the limited schedules they've worked. Because of this, they're willing to offer Batista a similar schedule.

The issue is really just coming down to money. Batista wants what was described as a "monster deal" to only work a few times a year and WWE doesn't see his worth as "anywhere close" to Rock or Brock. Another issue is that WWE does not want to risk completely overhauling their pay scale, if suddenly all the top guys want major full-time money for sporadic part-time appearances.

Obviously, there are many in the locker room that aren't happy about Brock and Rock working so little while making more than everybody else, but at least WWE is able to position it as The Rock being a movie star and Brock being a UFC star, and therefore being more of outside celebrities than full-time wrestlers at this point.

Nobody really sees Batista at that level, and word going around is that Batista is going to have to come way down on his money demands if he wants to come in. He's eager to return part-time and Triple H is very much in favor of getting him back in the fold, but as seen with Steve Austin out year after year, it's not always easy to get these deals done.

UPDATE:

Batista was at a recent WWE NXT tapings in Winter Park, Florida to film an interview for the upcoming Triple H DVD and we're told a small appearances deal (possibly 3-4 dates) was discussed. As of this time it doesn't look like there will be an agreement but both sides are open to further discussions in the future.
Ryback continues to be unhappy; wants to turn HEEL.
Ryback is still upset he won’t be challenging for or winning (one of the original plans) the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 29 and is pushing for a heel turn. Multiple sources have confirmed reports about Ryback openly expressing frustration backstage over his push.

One observer described it similar to the situation CM Punk was in last year where he realized the only way he was going to move further up the card was to go heel. Punk grew frustrated and eventually accepted the fact he’d never be pushed in front of John Cena as the top babyface but could maybe solidify himself as the top heel.

When evaluating the “lay of the land,” Ryback has also realized he’s not going to take Cena’s spot as the top babyface but feels he has a chance of taking Punk’s spot as the top heel if he turns.

As for what the office thinks, they’re not hot on the idea of turning Ryback. They haven’t outright told him no but we’re told it would be surprising if they caved in the immediate future.
What WWE is thinking about for Wrestlemania 33 (Yes, 33).
WWE is looking at bringing Wrestlemania 33, the 30th anniversary of Wrestlemania III, to the Detroit area. However, in news that is certainly surprising, the company is not looking at a return to Ford Field that hosted Wrestlemania 23 in 2007.

Earlier this week, WWE was looking into gaining permits and clearances to hold the show at The Big House in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The appeal is they could do more than 130,000 in attendance, making it the most-attended Wrestlemania in history.

Obviously there is a considerable amount of time between now and then but we’re told WWE already started initial due diligence. One thing that could play a major role is how the stadium handles the 2014 NHL Winter Classic. Hockey fans know this is where the Classic was scheduled for this year, however, was canceled due to the NHL lockout. Our source says WWE wants to see how it goes before investing more money in research.
What WWE is thinking about for Wrestlemania 31.
In addition to Orlando, Florida, we’re told Rogers Centre in Toronto and Cowboys Stadium in Arlington have been brought up as potential hosts of Wrestlemania 31 in 2015. Cowboys Stadium was WWE’s first choice for 2014 but there was a scheduling conflict with the NCAA Final Four. Believe it or not, the Staples Center in Los Angeles has also been mentioned.
Vince ready to pull the plug on anti-immigration gimmick.
The Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio program isn’t playing out to Vince McMahon’s liking. While it was Vince that fell in love with the revamped gimmick played by Swagger, ultimately saving Jack’s job and telling him to push his court day back (innocent until proven guilty), he sees the gimmick not getting over and feels it may have already died. Vince blames Alberto Del Rio for not being over as a babyface, Swagger for not looking legitimate, the writers and pretty much “everyone but Zeb Colter.” So much so, Vince is ready to pull the plug on the entire program that was originally set to run until May.
CM Punk's work at this week's RAW gets praised.
Everyone backstage loved the way the CM Punk angle played out on this week’s WWE Raw and it was well received, despite the controversy and criticism it received online. The real question that came up was what would the storyline and heat around it been built around had it not been for the tragic passing of Paul Bearer. No one had a good answer.
A possible answer to the question.
Before the passing of Paul Bearer, one idea pitched to help build CM Punk vs. The Undertaker for Wrestlemania 29 was to have Punk face off against former Undertaker Wrestlemania opponents on television leading up to the pay-per-view. Options would've included Randy Orton, Kane, Mark Henry, Big Show and Kevin Nash. Triple H would not have been an option.
Why Shawn Michaels was announced for Wrestlemania at the last minute.
For those wondering why Shawn Michaels was announced for Wrestlemania 29 on the go-home episode of WWE Raw, someone in the know says Triple H had been trying to get a deal done after taking care of the other projects and it was coming down to the wire. Hunter has been extremely busy with the construction of WWE’s new developmental facility as well as securing Bruno Sammartino and Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Hall of Fame.

Had the deal with Michaels not gotten done, Stephanie McMahon would have been used instead. There continues to be talk of using Stephanie at the pay-per-view on Sunday but one observer feels it would be overkill with Paul Heyman and HBK already involved.

Even if Stephanie would have been used, Hunter wasn’t giving up on Shawn even if it meant him appearing at Wrestlemania as a surprise.
More on Vince looking to push Big E post-Wrestlemania.
Vince McMahon is looking to push Big E Langston following Wrestlemania 29 or perhaps even into the summer. One idea pitched was for Langston to turn babyface because he was “sick” of being Dolph Ziggler’s sidekick. His limited bodyguard role with Ziggler was done to get him acclimated with life on the road, the crowd, etc.
The Rock wants Pat Patterson back in a larger role.
While word has made rounds in many circles that Brian Gerwitz has been creatively involved in The Rock’s latest return to WWE, we’re told he’s not the only guy Rock wants to see have a larger role in the company.

The Rock has been urging Vince McMahon and Triple H to get Pat Patterson more involved in the planning of longterm booking in WWE. It’s been many years since Patterson has had influence on a regular basis and usually gets more involved around Royal Rumble time and is quickly forgotten until the next year. The Rock wants Patterson to have more influence year round.

Although convincing Vince and Hunter isn’t the only obstacle, as he would actually have to convince Patterson to take the increased responsibilities. A large part of phasing out Patterson has been of his own doing as he has desired to spend more time enjoying life outside of wrestling.

The Rock surprised Patterson recently at a dinner for his 72nd birthday. Rock again mentioned to Patterson he should consider being more involved with WWE.
How WWE's latest film has provided many with a shot of optimism.
People in WWE are “absolutely thrilled” that “The Call” did well at the box office. Not just people from WWE Studios, but even Vince McMahon himself felt it was a big boost to morale that maybe getting into the film business was a good idea after all and that their latest formula may work out.

However, there’s another interesting element to this. One of the problems WWE has faced with not just shareholders but also with potential partners when it comes to the WWE Network is the feeling that it’s just the latest in a long line of ventures outside of their core business that will ultimately fall flat (WWE Films, XFL, the World Bodybuilding Federation, etc). Both Vince McMahon and Triple H feel that the success of “The Call” could help change the perception that WWE can’t find success in their new ventures and that WWE Studios being looked at in a more positive light could help in potential deals for the WWE Network.

Ultimately it’s unknown how much the box office success will help things, but it certainly provided many with a shot of optimisim.

Another part of this is that WWE has tried to prepare potential partners, as well as their shareholders the WWE Network could struggle out of the gate but are confident it will succeed eventually. It was stated in the latest investor conference call that anything under one million subscribers will be seen as an investment. WWE will now be pointing to WWE Studios to show that while it got off to a rocky start, it did eventually find success.
Why do Cole and Lawler bury segments on air?
As you might have noticed, the commentators bury segments they feel do not come across as intended. This is one of Vince McMahon’s new ways to get producers and writers to feel the heat. The change in having them air and burying them on commentary is different from the usual process of Vince scrapping them before they air. Vince has taken on the mentality of rather than argue, to embarrass. This isn’t seen as a longterm thing.
CM Punk speaks on using Paul Bearer's death in storyline.
The Asbury Park Press has an article featuring quotes from CM Punk. In it, he talked about using the death of Paul Bearer in the build to his match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 29.
“My job is to get people to be mad at me and I think I do that very well; I think I blur the lines,” Punk said. “Everything is designed to push people’s buttons – so it’s unfortunate that Percy had to die for him to be a part of this story – but trust me, he would have loved it, he really would have loved it.”
Click here to read the article in its entirety.
Mason Ryan sucks.
In a sign of how badly WWE wanted Mason Ryan several years ago, the company signed him to a five year deal when he joined their developmental program in 2009. Generally, the company likes to see progress with their performers before making a long term commitment, but WWE officials were willing to wait for Mason Ryan to develop.
How does Vince feel right now about Dat Boy D. Bry?
Vince McMahon remains high up on Daniel Bryan and him having another credible singles run is inevitable. As soon as company officials feel Team Hell No has ran its course (which may occur at Wrestlemania), it’s likely Bryan and Kane will work one another.

Last edited:
>Al Banks: Send me a friend request if your interested in making money
>Theo Mulem: John cena can win the rock
>Md Nahid Mahamud: The rock beat agin jhon cina. Because the rock is great Electricce metion. And it's a unlock ligend.
>Md Nahid Mahamud The rock agine deff. Jhon cina will be loss.
>Connie Wade: Where is Kelly Kelly
>Sudhir Solanki: next sunday ,11 o clock in india,cenaas evening
>Pritam Das: Dhurr rock lovers buzzz offfff.. Cena lovers. Zindabad
>Shubham Chouhan: Undrtakr is not a real dedman it is just part of program to entrtaine pepole
>Ra Hu L Rahul: cina win
>Rokes Ashu I want true friend . Only true friend . Who is mine only mine.. AAD ME pls
>CeSsar Rasec Villena: jhon cena
>Victor Rambo: I wl c de actions n games
>NavIn Kasana: sweet chin to music to lesnar
>Suraj Mishra: hey frnds...wwe is nt real....itz drama...
>Gumbilee De Battoo: Raster Men, Wata Rock, De Rock Is Cooking Is Gonna Rock On Cena
>Kuldeep Singh Chauhan: The rock win becouse If You Smell Wat the rock is ckooking
>Gleter's Ade Arnold: jhon cena win
>Fremico Jakcson: SHEMUSE is the winner he will win wresile menia
>Igor Felipe: JHON CENA GO GO GO
>Christian Gauna: HHH Will sin
>Mic'heal Pilang: this wrestlemania is the most create history of all time in wwe..
>Muniraj AP: If this man the 'john cena'. This time never give up.
>Lee House: I don't mind unless they get badly hurt.
>Lee House: Will they hurt one eachother.?
>Gordon Galbraith: Whose idea was it to have 3 B-list jobbers undefeated?
The fall of the undertaker wrestling honestly is boring an predictable of u been a fan sinc
Ce wwf then ull know theirs nothin left
Md Nahid Mahamud, is that you?

News & Notes: Part 2

More on Vince looking to push Big E post-Wrestlemania.

Why do Cole and Lawler bury segments on air?

Mason Ryan sucks.

- Since i haven't seen any of Big E's NXT stuff, I'm very curious as to how this goes. Apparently he's a really good face and very natural at it.
- The wrestling fans who read spoilers and know a lot of the inner workings of wrestling (pretty much everybody on here) care about the writing/writers, but everybody else solely sees the live product and what's on tv, so it makes know sense to bury the segments, cause they're not actually burying the writers --- they're burying the wrestlers in them. Another classic stupid decision from Vince.
- He does suck. He reminds me of Brakkus, a great look and nothing else.

Last edited:
is it too early to post the NTMania III prediction contest/survey?

Back
Top Bottom