Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
Voted for Rock-Austin 17. Perfect match to close the chapter/era that made me a Wrestling fan forever. Have no doubt if the tools that were around today to promote were in place back then, 17 would be the highest buyrate of alltime. Perfect WM IMO.

Voted for Rock-Austin 17. Perfect match to close the chapter/era that made me a Wrestling fan forever. Have no doubt if the tools that were around today to promote were in place back then, 17 would be the highest buyrate of alltime. Perfect WM IMO.

Agreed.

There match @ WM XIX was the real end of an era match.

- WWE has signed a mini wrestler from Mexico to a developmental deal. That wrestler is Mascarita Dorada, who may have been the best mini wrestler in Mexico. Here is a photo of him in Mexico:

wrestleshare.com

- At one point, WWE officials were considering Sin Cara vs. United States Champion Antonio Cesaro for WrestleMania 29, which is why Cesaro hasn’t had much direction. Cara has been cleared to wrestle after missing a few weeks with a concussion.

- It’s said that we can expect several surprises for WrestleMania 29 since a number of turns have been talked about, particularly faces to heel.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Dude is a beast but only when he wrestles in Mexico. I remembered when he wrestled octagoncito on smackdown :x

Damn it you stole my thunder...but yeah, I voted the same.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

One of my fav. matches of all time and is still my sentimental fav. from Wrestlemania. From a technical standpoint, there are other matches on the list that were better but few delivered as well as Austin v. Rock did with as much at stake. Major reason why is because everything else related to it was GREAT as well. Austin vs. Rock also had:

- GOAT video package

The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin promo... by darcatch

- amazing story told throughout their match that encompassed the entire feud

- took place at the GOAT Mania and put the finishing touch on the show (perfect, as you described it)

- one of the biggest swerves ever

- two biggest stars having their best match at the peak of wrestling's popularity

- made the WWF Title more important by the end of that night than at ANY other point EVER. The fact that Austin had to align with Mr. McMahon and "turn his back on the fans" just to win the match, beat Rock and become champion goes to show how much value the company's biggest title had at the time.

- countless other hyperbole that I don't feel like typing up
laugh.gif

And funny enough, there are elements of that feud which Cena vs. Rock also share. Sadly, they're not capable of duplicating that work (or WWE prefers to do something else). 

EDIT: SMH @ the video not embedding but I see it in post preview. The link works though.

Last edited:
Add that to another reasons why I love Punk. He's looking out for Cesaro and he knows that there is no reason that an animal like Cesaro, ESPECIALLY when you are a champion, shouldn't be on the card. 

Another cool thing I remember is someone tweeted at Punk saying something along the lines of "Why do you think you are the best heel in wrestling?" and Punk tweeted "@HeelZiggler would like to have a word with you". Punk recognizes talent and hard work and looks out for those guys. 

About WM X7; I'm pretty sure most people consider it one of the top Wrestlemanias of all time , but it had a pretty ****** build (kinda like this years). Austin/Rock revolved around Debra being made into manager for Rock, HHH/Taker started up cause HHH messed with Takers bike, and a bunch of other matches were just thrown together like Angle/Benoit and TLC II. Vince/Shane probably had the best build out of all the matches :lol:

Last edited:
About WM X7; I'm pretty sure most people consider it one of the top Wrestlemanias of all time , but it had a pretty ****** build (kinda like this years). Austin/Rock revolved around Debra being made into manager for Rock, HHH/Taker started up cause HHH messed with Takers bike, and a bunch of other matches were just thrown together like Angle/Benoit and TLC II. Vince/Shane probably had the best build out of all the matches :lol:

Not even gone lie...I marked out when Linda stood up out of the wheelchair :lol:

About WM X7; I'm pretty sure most people consider it one of the top Wrestlemanias of all time , but it had a pretty ****** build (kinda like this years). Austin/Rock revolved around Debra being made into manager for Rock, HHH/Taker started up cause HHH messed with Takers bike, and a bunch of other matches were just thrown together like Angle/Benoit and TLC II. Vince/Shane probably had the best build out of all the matches
laugh.gif
Yeah, I didn't include the build as a major point because of that reason. It wasn't up to par for Wrestlemania standards (just like Cena vs. Rock
nerd.gif
). Matter of fact, the video package > the entire build.
laugh.gif

A few good moments but it was lackluster for the most part. No one remembers though because of how GREAT the match and rest of the show was .

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't include the build as a major point because of that reason. It wasn't up to par for Wrestlemania standards (just like Cena vs. Rock :nerd: ). Matter of fact, the video package > the entire build. :lol:

A few good moments but it was lackluster for the most part. No one remembers though because of how GREAT the match and rest of the show was .

Definitely, I'm hoping this year could be kind of the same because even though the build has been pretty weak, there is still a lot of potential because the matches they booked are pretty strong. Fandango/Jericho and Hell No/Ziggler should be fun matches, The Shield match and Lesnar/HHH could be showstealers, Punk/Taker and Rock/Cena should be suitably epic if they book the matches smartly.

Back
Top Bottom