Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
Went with Hitman/HBK Iron man. To me, it was such a technical marvel. I love technical wrestling and "high flying" moves over strong style/american style move sets/matches.

The story was perfect, the match was perfect. Probably my favorite match of all time. Funny, HHH/Taker II is a favorite simply because I was emotionally involved.

“@CMPunk: Time to let the cat out of the bag! @LivingColour will be playing me to and from the ring Sunday at #Wrestlemaina.
#cultofpersonality”

^Hopefully HHH has a sweet entrance planned. The one from a couple years ago when "For Whom The Bell Tolls" kicked in and he was dressed up in chainmail and **** was great.

Anyone else think that it should be "hogan vs savage: mega powers explode" lol I know I'm reaching but it's just a pet peeve. Voted for michaels/Jericho. Best match from the best mania

“@CMPunk: Time to let the cat out of the bag! @LivingColour will be playing me to and from the ring Sunday at #Wrestlemaina.
#cultofpersonality”
Wow. Can't believe my dude spoiled it. But I can't blame him, I'm super excited for his and Cena's entrances (only because it's 'Till I Collapse)

Since they mentioned that they may play a Jay-Z song for The Rock, they should do 'Takeover'

John Cena being.......John Cena........Ugh

And then Cena gives the death stare to Fandango as they are leaving from the photo op at the end. :lol:. Cena was walking out with his Bella and Fandango cut him off an put his hand on her back. Cena just stopped and turned back to punk. :lol:

Last edited:

#cultofpersonality”
Wow. Can't believe my dude spoiled it. But I can't blame him, I'm super excited for his and Cena's entrances (only because it's 'Till I Collapse)

That's big! Dude really pulled some strings. Prolly it was Vince's way of making it up to Punk for not letting him main event this year.

Here's a recap for those who missed it (I'm in that boat
mean.gif
):
Michael Cole opened the Wrestlemania 29 press conference by introducing himself as the “voice of WWE.” He confirmed both Diddy and Living Colour will perform live at the pay-per-view on Sunday. The company is expecting over 75,000 fans at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Cole announced Charlie Sheen, Jimmy Fallon, Mike Tyson, Snookie and Lil Wayne are among the celebrities that will be involved at the pay-per-view.

He plugged Thursday night’s “Superstars for Sandy Relief” reception which will be hosted by Vince McMahon along with New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Diddy at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City.

Fandango interrupted with his entrance. He pronounced his name before handing it back to Michael Cole. Cole announced John Saboor, who he likes to call “the office.”

Saboor thanked everyone who helped bring Wrestlemania to the area and announced 125,000 fans would be taking part in the weekend festivities. He ran down the highlights of the weekend including the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and the pay-per-view itself. He said the official Road to Wrestlemania XXX will begin Monday night with WWE Raw from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ. Saboor announced Vince McMahon.

Vince McMahon said Wrestlemania in the New York/New Jersey is a dream come true for him personally. He talked about coining the phrase “Sports Entertainment” at Wrestlemania 1. He reviewed celebrity involvement at Wrestlemania over the years, calling it a hybrid and said nothing comes close to it. McMahon made a weird reference to seal mating calls, roller-coasters and the Grand Canyon not comparing to the excitement of Wrestlemania.

Ricardo Rodriguez came out and introduced World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. He called Wrestlemania the most important night of his life. He said it’s the first time a superstar born and raised in Mexico will defend the World Heavyweight title. Del Rio said all his friends and family are going to be there and there is no way he’s losing his title to Jack Swagger. He switched to Spanish to communicate with the Latino media. Del Rio closed by saying he was born in Mexico but made in America.

Michael Cole introduced George Fertitta, who talked about the economic impact of Wrestlemania and spoke on behalf of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Cole introduced members of the New York Giants who were at the press conference with a customized WWE “spinner belt” that was presented to them by Triple H after they won the Super Bowl in 2012. He then introduced Paul “Triple H” Levesque.

Triple H opened with the “Are You Ready?” bit and said Brock Lesnar better be ready because this Sunday, at the biggest even they have he’s going to learn the biggest lesson of a lifetime. As he undoes his tie, Stephanie McMahon came out. She said you’re supposed to have your executive hat on, not your Triple H hate. Stephanie asked if he wanted to slap around Fandango a little bit if that would help.

Stephanie said if her husband seems a little worked, they all are because Wrestlemania is only three days away. She put over her great grandfather, grandfather and father. She touted the company’s global distribution and announced the over capacity crowd of over 75,000 people that will watch Wrestlemania 29 live at ringside. Stephanie announces Coldplay will be involved at the pay-per-view as well. She plugged the auction on Thursday night to benefit hundreds of thousands of Hurricane Sandy victims. Stephanie discussed anti-bullying rallies, Cena working with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and put over the work with their fans. She touted WWE’s social media followers of 148 million. Stephanie talked about streaming the press conference live and the streaming pre and post Wrestlemania shows on Sunday. She said to top all of this they’re going to have “one hell of a good time.”

Cole introduced who may be the most dangerous man in WWE right now, “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry. Henry asked the crowd how everyone is doing and says he’s the strongest man in the world. He said as easily as you can see that smile, it can leave his face in a heartbeat. Henry is very proud to be born in Texas but he lives in Harlem, New York. He appreciates and respect WWE’s fans but there is not greater stage than Wrestlemania. Henry says he’s been with WWE for 17 years and it’s some of the best years of his life and he will not go on a stage in New York/New Jersey and embarrass himself. He proclaimed Ryback is in a lot of trouble.

President and CEO of the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority Wayne Hasenbalg was introduced. Hasenbalg said they are so appreciative to have the opportunity to host Wrestlemania 29. He said Mr. McMahon surprised him and everyone in the room by saying WWE was in to bring the show to New Jersey. Wayne said others should aspire to do more like WWE does and put over their work with Hurricane Sandy relief.

Cole announced CM Punk to the press conference. Cole put over Punk’s 434-day title reign and said if he can beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania that his ticket to the Hall of Fame will be punched. Punk made reference to Vince McMahon’s earlier comments (including the bizarre seal story) and said he’s not here to bore. CM Punk said for over 20 years The Undertaker has been a legend in a WWE. Punk said legends are just like streaks and records – they’re meant to be broken. He said everyone is going to remember his match against The Undertaker and it will be one of the greatest matches at Wrestlemania. Punk said he won’t only break the streak but he’ll break The Undertaker.

WWE Champion The Rock was introduced next. He positioned the WWE title on the podium and asked the photographs how it looked. Rock talked about his WWE debut taking place in Madison Square Garden over 15 years ago. He talked about everything coming full circle to be able to perform as WWE Champion. Rock talked about his grandfather and father wrestling before him. He talked about how much it means for him to be able to give back to the business that gave so much to him. Rock said on a personal level he knows what this event means to the McMahon family, Vince McMahon’s dad and his family. He thanked the fans and the media and said he can chase Vin Diesel down, battle Cobra in G.I. Joe but nothing compares to kicking John Cena’s candy ***. The Rock said the best part about this Sunday is you need a partner, a guy, an opponent. He said there is no one better of an opponent for him than John Cena. Rock said no one even comes close. He tells Cena to get ready.

Cole introduced who has been the “heart and soul” of this company for the last decade and will go for his record-setting 15th WWE title reign on Sunday. He put over all those that spoke before him like only Cena can. Cena said if you are involved with WWE in any way you are going to get more than you bargained for. He watched Wrestlemania XXVIII last night and thinks this year will surpass it as they have their best lineup and production this year. Cena asked for a moment to speak to his French and Chinese fans. He spoke in the other languages, getting a laugh from the crowd. Cena said everyone is asking if he has any predictions for this Sunday. He predicts a few surprises, some magic moments and for all to be entertained.

Cole invited The Rock back out to the stage for a photo opp with Cena. They starred each other down with the WWE title in the middle with flashbulbs going off everywhere as they played “Victory” by Puff Daddy featuring Notorious B.I.G & Busta Rhymes. Cole invited all the superstars back out. They all posed while “I’m Coming Home” played with Vince McMahon getting between Rock and Cena and lifting up each of their arms.

- WWE has signed a mini wrestler from Mexico to a developmental deal. That wrestler is Mascarita Dorada, who may have been the best mini wrestler in Mexico. Here is a photo of him in Mexico:

wrestleshare.com

- At one point, WWE officials were considering Sin Cara vs. United States Champion Antonio Cesaro for WrestleMania 29, which is why Cesaro hasn’t had much direction. Cara has been cleared to wrestle after missing a few weeks with a concussion.

- It’s said that we can expect several surprises for WrestleMania 29 since a number of turns have been talked about, particularly faces to heel.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- As noted before, Ricky Steamboat is no longer a coach in WWE developmental but official company word is that he will be staying within the Talent Relations department. A lot of the guys in NXT are bummed about the news because of who Steamboat is. He was said to be a very good coach overall. There was talk that some of his ideas didn’t fit in with the current product but if anything negative was said about him it was very minor.

- Rami Sebei, the former El Generico, has been doing great on promos at practice in developmental. There was some question about how his promo work would be since his gimmick on the indies wasn’t talking.

- Two NXT wrestlers who have been praised that didn’t come from the independent scene are Mojo Rawley (Dean Muhtadi) and Jason Jordan (Nathan Everhart). Rawley is a former NFL player.

- Ric Flair’s daughter Ashley, known in NXT as Charlotte, is the most athletic woman in WWE developmental and probably the entire WWE roster. It’s said she has developed a passion for wrestling.

- WWE officials have discussed having Ryback feud with John Cena for the WWE Title after WrestleMania 29. WWE planted the seeds for the feud when Cena eliminated Ryback to win the Royal Rumble this year.

- AJ Lee and Divas Champion Kaitlyn may be added to the Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston match at WrestleMania 29, making it a six-person match with all titles on the line. WWE may save AJ and Kaitlyn for RAW but word is that the group of AJ, Ziggler and Langston are scheduled to get a big push coming out of WrestleMania.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Back
Top Bottom