Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
Don't worry, he'll like Punk when he's face again.

He just hates all the bad guys.
Sounds like my 4 year old God-son.

Probably one of my favorite moments as a fan ever. Sends straight chills down my spine. If anyone deserves to have the strap, it's this man. Dude is a flat out great wrestler. Period

Is there any match on the WM card that would benefit from the face winning?

The only one I can see that would make for a good storyline would be Undertaker keeping the streak alive but thats about it

Benefit the fans or wrestler? Cena needs a W vs. Rocky more than any other face on the card besides Taker. Can't go out 3 Wrestlemania's in a row to the Rock Bottom.

Del rio need the victory..

- Monday’s episode of Raw averaged 4.31 million viewers and scored a 3.12 cable TV rating. The show did 4.03 million viewers the first hour, 4.48 million the second, and 4.40 million for the final third hour.

If WWE added some things to that Punk segment, they should of let them know or better yet not did it. The last thing they need is bad press going into Mania.

Personally I liked the segment. Punk bathing in the sand was a bit much. They should have thought about the Katie Vick angle and kept it classy.

The only one I can see that would make for a good storyline would be Undertaker keeping the streak alive but thats about it
Benefit the fans or wrestler? Cena needs a W vs. Rocky more than any other face on the card besides Taker. Can't go out 3 Wrestlemania's in a row to the Rock Bottom.
I mean that it seems like WWE would be better setup storyline wise if most of the heels won at WM

Cena losing would make for better tv, especially if someone else were to beat the rock for belt and hold it over his head
At this point Zeb, Swagger, and Ricardo all get better reactions then del rio, a win won't make people care about him anymore than they already don't

Last edited:
Yea...but who cares because punk is god and comes up with his own script and can never do wrong....-.-

You don't really believe he comes up with his own scripts do you?..I bet Punk has, at most, 15% control of what he says and how his matches go..I don't care what he said on a dvd or in an interview, there is no way in hell Vince is letting dude have that much control..

No he doesn't..Cena could lose every WM for the rest of his life and he'll still be the #1 guy..Vince would never allow Cena's image to go awry in the eyes of the kiddies..And that's why he'll never turn heel.
Forget every WM...he could lose every single match for the rest of the year and he'll still be that guy you're talking about. But for "legacy's sake" or whatever term you want to use, it looks pretty bad having that #1 guy job to the part-time movie star at the conclusion of your biggest show for 3 consecutive years. That's unheard of. Even if they decide to pull a fast one and have Cena lose now and win next month at Extreme Rules...it's still not the same thing. I can't stand Superman Hogan Marine either but it is what it is.
in the words of my friend who i just texted this news "they read the script they know wwe goes hard" which is true. im just pretty sure spreading the ashes was not in the script 
That's more or less how I feel about it. I get the feeling that they didn't picture how bad it was gonna look when they read it on paper and this is just regret on their part. They know how WWE operates though so they can't claim ignorance of the business.

If I'm wrong and WWE/Punk went a different way with it...wow. Low doesn't even begin to describe it.

Miscommunication or not, WWE should try to make amends ASAP though.

Quote:
At this point Zeb, Swagger, and Ricardo all get better reactions then del rio, a win won't make people care about him anymore than they already don't

Nobody will ever give a damn about del rio..
However..The storyline the WWE created needed del rio to win..

If I'm wrong and WWE/Punk went a different way with it...wow. Low doesn't even begin to describe it.

Miscommunication or not, WWE should try to make amends ASAP though.

Agreed. I can easily see the WWE going astray from the "plan" the Moody sons were told of :smh: .

I mean that it seems like WWE would be better setup storyline wise if most of the heels won at WM

Cena losing would make for better tv, especially if someone else were to beat the rock for belt and hold it over his head
At the sake of sounding like the typical IWC mark, what would be best (IMO) storyline wise is for Rock vs. Cena to go the way of Stone Cold vs. Rock at WM 17. I've been saying it for weeks. How do you book the main event match at Wrestlemania in which you need to have your #1 guy win but 1. everyone's been expecting it for months 2. the crowd will **** on it afterward?

You have the story be that he wanted to win so bad that he turned his back to the fans and did something uncharacteristic because he couldn't afford to lose à la Austin turning heel and aligning with McMahon. There isn't a McMahon figure in Rock/Cena scenario so you'd have to do things a bit different but the end result would be the same.

Last edited:
Just saw this on FB on a friend of mines page.

Although plans several weeks ago called for Triple H to go over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, there have recently been talks of HBK costing Triple H the match. Triple H has told people close to him that he wanted to face HBK in his last match at WrestleMania.

Forget every WM...he could lose every single match for the rest of the year and he'll still be that guy you're talking about. But for "legacy's sake" or whatever term you want to use, it looks pretty bad having that #1 guy job to the part-time movie star at the conclusion of your biggest show for 3 consecutive years. That's unheard of. Even if they decide to pull a fast one and have Cena lose now and win next month at Extreme Rules...it's still not the same thing. I can't stand Superman Hogan Marine either but it is what it is.

I don't think him losing will have any affect on his "legacy"..Andre The Giant, Booker T, Ric Flair, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Jeff Hardy, Kane, Kurt Angle, and HHH all have losing records at WM and it has zero impact on their legacies..All of them, with the exception of Benoit, are either in or will be in the HOF and are considered all time greats..Even the all mighty HBK, Mr. WrestleMania, has a 6-11 record at Mania and nobody would say that is a negative against him..They just call him the best ever..

My tickets arrived today for WM...I'm super excited now!

I still don't know what to make as a sign. I think Ill make the same one I did for TLC 2011. That you can even somewhat see in the D. Bry video above

I still don't know what to make as a sign. I think Ill make the same one I did for TLC 2011. That you can even somewhat see in the D. Bry video above

How close are you to the ring?

Maybe you will be in the same area as my brother.

What's the sign say?

What's the sign say?

"Pookie" on a white sign in blue letters with a red arrow pointing down. Its a little hard to see but its in there like twice.

You can even see it in the video before pressing play, its right above clock/watch later button on the player

"Pookie" on a white sign in blue letters with a red arrow pointing down. Its a little hard to see but its in there like twice.

You can even see it in the video before pressing play, its right above clock/watch later button on the player
tumblr_lsqiq3U3pW1qgdqcpo1_500.jpg

That's awesome. Always good to see NTers on TV. 

BTW, was that really DC next to the Shield on Monday's Raw?

Just saw this on FB on a friend of mines page.

Although plans several weeks ago called for Triple H to go over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, there have recently been talks of HBK costing Triple H the match. Triple H has told people close to him that he wanted to face HBK in his last match at WrestleMania.

.....................sigh.

Back
Top Bottom