Wrestling Thread: 4/11 TNA Impact LIVE - Bully Ray v Jeff Hardy TLC Match for the World Title

What is your favorite WrestleMania match of all time?

• Savage v Steamboat - IC Title Match (WM3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hogan v Savage - Superpowers Collide (WM5)

• Warrior v Hogan - Title v Title (WM6)

• Warrior v Savage - Retirement Match (WM7)

• Bret v Owen (WM10)

• Razor v HBK - IC Title Ladder Match (WM10)

• Shawn v Bret - WWF Title Iron Man Match (WM12)

• Bret v Austin (WM13)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title Ladder Match (WM2000)

• Edge/Christian v Hardyz v Dudleyz - Tag Title TLC Match (WM17)

• Austin v Rock - WWF Title No DQ Match (WM17)

• Rock v Hogan (WM18)

• Michaels v Jericho (WM19)

• Benoit v HHH v HBK - World Title Match (WM20)

• Angle v Michaels (WM21)

• Michaels v Flair - Retirement Match (WM24)

• Undertaker v Michaels (WM25)

• Undertaker v Michaels - Streak v Career Match (WM26)

• Undertaker v HHH - No Holds Barred Match (WM27)

• Undertaker v HHH - Hell in a Cell, HBK Special Guest Referee (WM28)

• Total voters
That Raw after WM is still a great watch. Do anyone know what city hosting Raw next week? I hope the crowd show up just like NJ/NY but I doubt it

The arena’s website for this Monday’s Raw event in Greenville, SC has updated their match listings. The listing is now advertising a tag team main event match pitting John Cena and Alberto Del Rio against Ryback and Dolph Ziggler. This match may be a dark match for the local crowd.

I don't mind the WWE and WHC belts being kept apart..I'd rather have the IC/US titles merged..

The IC/US title means the same thing..But the 2 main belts are more different in my opinion..One means your the champ of the company and one means your the champ of the world..The secondary belts both mean your the champ of the country..Keep the IC belt and do a cruiserweight title..Make is 200 lbs or less and let some other people shine..Especially since Vince hates dudes that don't lift VW Beetles on a daily basis..That would add a lot of excitement to the product and we could get rid of these little guys going against Big Show/Ryback/Cena/Henry..

Even if Smackdown was live, all the relevant stuff seems to happen on Raw. I literally only watch that mess when I have nothing going on.

Its Crazy that before Raw, WWE put over wrestlers, managers, storylines and titles on TWO hours of television programming

1 Hour of Superstars
1 Hour of Wrestling Challenge

Saturday Night Main Event (Once a Month)

4 PPVS (Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series)

For the few of us maybe 30 years or older thats how we learned the product.... and EVERYONE WAS OVER........... from Jake the Snake, Papa Shango, Warrior, Ted Dibiase, Hogan, etc....

WCW/NWA was more of the same thing.............

2 hours for WCW Saturday Night
1 Hour for Worldwide.............

Night of Champions (Every couple of months)

4 PPV (Superbrawl, Great American Bash, Slamboree, Starrcade)

Now....................

3 Hours for Raw
2 Hours Smackdown
1 Hour Main Event
Superstars
WWE app
NXT
Wrestlers Tout, Tweet, Facebook, Instagram...............

12 PPV's.................

and STILL they can't get people over/bury the deserving workers and have aging part timers headline their money shows............................... :smh:

Instant Headache............

i dont even know what channel smackdown is on.... Haven't watched smackdown since kurt angle was on

Just merge the brands and WWE/World title. I'd watch Smack down every week if that happened. Back in the day, we watched Smackdown to see what would happen next. Right now, I honestly could care less what they're doing. They should have waited to debut the new belt as well. But they could just do away with the big gold.
Its Crazy that before Raw, WWE put over wrestlers, managers, storylines and titles on TWO hours of television programming

1 Hour of Superstars
1 Hour of Wrestling Challenge

Saturday Night Main Event (Once a Month)

4 PPVS (Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series)

For the few of us maybe 30 years or older thats how we learned the product.... and EVERYONE WAS OVER........... from Jake the Snake, Papa Shango, Warrior, Ted Dibiase, Hogan, etc....

Now....................

3 Hours for Raw
2 Hours Smackdown
1 Hour Main Event
Superstars
WWE app
NXT
Wrestlers Tout, Tweet, Facebook, Instagram...............

12 PPV's.................

and STILL they can't get people over/bury the deserving workers and have aging part timers headline their money shows...............................
mean.gif

Instant Headache............
They are too focused on short term ratings and PPV buys instead of building long term people . . .

I knew the WWE had loads of programming that they practically waste, but seeing that post where it's written out is the sad truth. Multiple avenues for multiple wrestlers to be seen, and yet none of it is utilized how it should be.

They seriously need to rework everything.

Raw being three hours is plenty of time to get your guys exposure. Even with commercial breaks. Cut the crap skits. Stop over od'ing on the social media stuff too. I get it, we live in the Internet/social media age but Good Lord we get it. We don't need to hear Michael Cole give us a tutorial on how to download apps every week.

With a true brand merger, they CAN'T have two primary titles. WWE title and thats it. The big gold had a great run but retire it. Now the US and IC can coexist.

I think they should only have ten ppv's per year as well. They can easily reintroduce Saturday Night Main Event and Clash of the Champions.
The license is there to use it.

I wont even waste time on storyline and character building. It'd be a waste of key strokes.

Miz has to be repacked or something. I used to think he was decent but I'm with 4W. Miz is a Dork.

They already have enough trouble as it is creating new main event level stars...what do you think would happen if they unified the primary titles?

Last edited:
They already have enough trouble as it is creating new main event level stars...what do you think would happen if they unified the primary titles?

It would give them plenty of time to create new stars actually. Instead of 7 guys going for 2 different titles. It'll be just 1. More focus on the 1 title and contenders.

One roster = one unified writing crew. The best crew, whoever that may be, write for the top programs. The other crew/s can write for the mid/lower card.

Last edited:

Man at one point WCW had SO much programming during the week

3 Hours of Nitro
2 Hours of Thunder
1 Hour of The Pro
1 Hour of Worldwide
2 Hours of WCW Sat. Night
1 Hour of The Main Event.
------------
10 Hours

And I couldn't get enough. :smokin

I know they suck at building new stars but we all hope the light switch will come on.

Consistency is a big problem as well. They should follow a weekly script for Raw. Not a very strict one. But it should be mandatory to have at least 1 divas match and 1 tag match. They get lost in the shuffle which results in no one caring about the divisions or titles.

^Word DC :pimp: They had a huge roster, and accommodated everybody pretty well. The WWe has a big enough roster and all these shows where you think they could do the same, yet they don't. Injuries aside, there's no reason guys like Justin Gabriel, JTG, Hunico, Tyson Kidd, PTP, and a bunch of others shouldn't be featured pretty heavily. I strong lower card helps out the mid card, and a strong midcard makes it easily for on the cusp guys to shoot up to the main event, instead of rotating a handful of guys, and strapping rockets to others to force them on the fans.

Shield vs Kofi and Tons of Funk...interesting

LOL @ Looks like your man Big Albert has practiced his dance moves. He looks so damn funny when he claps (overhead).

I am starting to enjoy the Sheild. I love their mix of personality. Court Bauer says Ambrose reminds him of a heel version of Piper.

I think you can the US before big gold. The US title is a joke at this point, while the WHC still serves a purpose.
I agree.  Get rid of the US title and keep  the Intercontinental, WWE, and World Heavyweight titles.   Bring back the  Light heavyweight or Cruiserweight title to have guys like Bo Dallas, Justin Gabriel, Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara, Camacho, Epico, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, Hunico, Primo, Kofi Kingston, etc... to compete for it to get some shine. 

Then have guys like Barrett, Miz, Del Rio, Cesaro, Big E,  R-Truth, Titus O'Neil, Kane, Zack Ryder, Fandango, Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and a few others compete for the Intercontinental.  

Let the rest of the roster feud for the WWE and Heavyweight Titles Cena, Ziggler, Mark Henry, CM Punk, Ryback, all 3 members of The Shield, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, Jericho, Christian, etc 

They can still keep all the tag teams intact if they do this too to continue to build up the tag division.

I think you can the US before big gold. The US title is a joke at this point, while the WHC still serves a purpose.
I agree.  Get rid of the US title and keep  the Intercontinental, WWE, and World Heavyweight titles.   Bring back the  Light heavyweight or Cruiserweight title to have guys like Bo Dallas, Justin Gabriel, Yoshi Tatsu, Sin Cara, Camacho, Epico, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, Hunico, Primo, Kofi Kingston, etc... to compete for it to get some shine. 

Then have guys like Barrett, Miz, Del Rio, Cesaro, Big E,  R-Truth, Titus O'Neil, Kane, Zack Ryder, Fandango, Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and a few others compete for the Intercontinental.  

Let the rest of the roster feud for the WWE and Heavyweight Titles Cena, Ziggler, Mark Henry, CM Punk, Ryback, all 3 members of The Shield, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Orton, Big Show, Jericho, Christian, etc 

They can still keep all the tag teams intact if they do this too to continue to build up the tag division.

Such a simple thing to do.

Working for WWE must be one of the most frustrating things in the world.

^Word DC :pimp: They had a huge roster, and accommodated everybody pretty well. The WWe has a big enough roster and all these shows where you think they could do the same, yet they don't. Injuries aside, there's no reason guys like Justin Gabriel, JTG, Hunico, Tyson Kidd, PTP, and a bunch of others shouldn't be featured pretty heavily. I strong lower card helps out the mid card, and a strong midcard makes it easily for on the cusp guys to shoot up to the main event, instead of rotating a handful of guys, and strapping rockets to others to force them on the fans.

Shield vs Kofi and Tons of Funk...interesting
Konnan always speaks on this topic.

Having lower card dudes that can GO puts pressure on the upper card dudes to put their first foot forward. Tyson Kidd being mishandled still pisses me off to this day.

Reigns speared Brodus like he was a piece of **** :rofl: And his ink is dope on so many levels

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom