Wrestling Thread 2/25-3/10 | 3/10 TNA LOCKDOWN PPV - Hardy v Bully Ray | Champion No Showing?

Exactly. There's no reason for anybody to end the Streak, especially with the current feuds heading there, and this current roster. I don't mind CM Punk vs Taker at all, but it should just be a fantastic match that Taker wins. HBK, HBK, HHH, and Punk would be a good sendoff (if this would be his last WM)

If Punk still had the belt and it was streak vs. streak, I would have no problem with Punk going over.

- The Orlando Biz Journal reports that the city of Orlando may host WWE’s WrestleMania 31 in 2015 or WrestleMania 32 in 2016.

The Orlando Sports Commission, which played a big part in the city hosting WrestleMania in 2008, recently received a request for a proposal from WWE for the opportunity to host WrestleMania.

Chances are the Citrus Bowl will be the place for this event, as it can hold 70,000-plus people.

How about Indianapolis, Dallas or somewhere else.

Another great Grantland read

Survivalist Series: WWE vs. Glenn Beck
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter may not be ultra-conservative, anti-immigrant tea partiers, but they play them on TV

But there is something different about Swagger and Colter. They aren't merely the latest chapter in wrestling's unfinished treatise on Latino stereotyping. When Swagger and Colter created a YouTube channel to promote their rants, their story line found its groove. The first video was an underproduced one-shot monologue set against a wooden fence with a Gadsden flag bobbing in the breeze. It begins with Zeb turning on the camcorder and walking back in front of the camera to start talking. It was an awkward, rambling revelation titled "IMMIGRATION" and lamented the end of the American dream with all the passion of a drunken discourse in a small-town dive bar. Their description of undocumented immigrants as "greedy, selfish, criminal delinquents" is offensive, sure, but it's supposed to be — Swagger and Colter are heels. Throughout its history, pro wrestling has handled the tricky issue of race by painting racist characters as the bad guys they are, while turning minority wrestlers into heroes. This formula made the Junkyard Dog a huge star in the 1980s South. Wrestling fans know that race-baiting is part of the show. Offensive as it may be, it's part of the tapestry of sexism and homophobia and violence that takes a hundred offensive threads and sews them up into a ramshackle, modern Iliad.

People who aren't wrestling fans, on the other hand, aren't in on the joke
. This is clearly the case with the tea party movement, which Swagger and Colter both portray and lampoon. With so many excitable conservative commentators (and so many on-air hours to kill), it seemed inevitable that WWE would succeed in provoking the tea party.

First up was syndicated radio host Alex Jones, who took to the airwaves on February 19 to complain that the Swagger character was an attempt to demonize the tea party by mainstream Republicans Vince and Linda McMahon. In subsequent broadcasts, Jones surmised that WWE cast Swagger as a villain because "now there's nothing worse than a white person" in America, and he implied that the departments of Justice and Defense were funding WWE's anti-American agenda. But how, one might ask, could WWE be anti-American when they put on those "Tribute to the Troops" shows? "It doesn't mean 'thank the troops,'" Jones explained. "They thank the police state, they thank the global empire, they thank the New World Order2 to get us ready for troops on the streets." One imagines WWE writers listening to this, smirking, and scribbling feverishly.

See more here

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8997957/dissecting-wwe-feud-tea-party-glenn-beck

God knows Lobo/Rusty wont draw a dime 
laugh.gif

You're seriously out of your mind if you think The Shack won't draw.
Now we all know that Lobo is a boring, ineffective, dimwitted, peon of a champion, but that doesn't mean
you should insult him. So sit your lucha-libre culo down Sweet-C.

Didn't Even know this was coming out...

543955_488324031213680_1843079033_n.jpg

A Real Privilege

Untapped Resources

My Backyard

2-out of-3 Falls Match for the British Commonwealth Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid
Stampede Wrestling • December 1978

World Tour

Bret Hart vs. Buzz Sawyer
Georgia Championship Wrestling • September 1979

A Lot of Promise

North American Heavyweight Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Leo Burke
Stampede Wrestling • January 1983

The Best It Gets

Bret Hart vs. Dynamite Kid
Capital Centre • September 14, 1985

Energy

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Hart Foundation vs. The Islanders
Philadelphia Spectrum • March 14, 1987

A Sign of Respect

Bret Hart vs. Andre the Giant
Milan, Italy • April 10, 1989

The Right Formula

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect
Maple Leaf Gardens • April 23, 1989

This Is For Us

Hart Foundation vs. The Twin Towers
Duluth, Minnesota • May 17, 1989

The Greatest Super-Card of All-Time

Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask II
WWE / New Japan / All Japan Wrestling Summit • April 13, 1990

Change of the Guard

Intercontinental Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair
New Haven, Connecticut • November 13, 1991

On the Threshold of Greatness

Bret Hart vs. Undertaker
Madison Square Garden • January 31, 1992

The Best Big Man

Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Milan, Italy • April 25, 1993

Evolution at That Time

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Diesel
King of the Ring • June 19, 1994

Masterpieces

No Holds Barred
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart
RAW • March 27, 1995

Powerhouse

Bret Hart vs. Jean-Pierre Lafitte
In Your House • September 24, 1995

Time Off

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Sun City Superbowl • September 14, 1996

Simultaneously a Hero and a Rat

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. The Patriot
In Your House: Ground Zero • September 7, 1997

Wrestling Injured

WCW United States Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Booker T
WCW Monday Nitro • January 25, 1999

Misjudging Sting

Semi-Finals Match for the WCW Championship
Bret Hart vs. Sting
WCW Mayhem • November 21, 1999

Trip Through Memory Lane

Blu-ray Exclusives
Dream Matches

Travel Schedule

Sleeping on a Plane

Survivor Series with Bob Backlund

Masked Man

Trumpet Sound

Customs with Owen

Lost at Sea

Prized Possession

Two of the Best in Japan

Super Skilled, Super Athletic

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna
White Plains, New York • November 29, 1993

Doing It Old School

Bret Hart & British Bulldog vs. Owen Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart
Albany, New York • October 19, 1994

A Good Soul

Bret Hart vs. Hakushi
RAW • July 24, 1995

Cement Truck

WWE Championship Match
Bret Hart vs. Vader
Friday Night’s Main Event • August 29, 1997

The Artist

WWE normally screws with Bluray and drops the ball.. But it's the Hitman... Gotta get it :pimp:

Come out the 5th

Last edited:
- The Orlando Biz Journal reports that the city of Orlando may host WWE’s WrestleMania 31 in 2015 or WrestleMania 32 in 2016.

The Orlando Sports Commission, which played a big part in the city hosting WrestleMania in 2008, recently received a request for a proposal from WWE for the opportunity to host WrestleMania.

Chances are the Citrus Bowl will be the place for this event, as it can hold 70,000-plus people.

That's garbage, they were just there a couple of years ago and isn't the Citrus Bowl a piece of **** anyways? Bring WM out to AT&T Park man or the new Santa Clara stadium.

Jericho on what impresses him about some of the newer WWE wrestlers:

“It’s good to know that the new prospects that are coming in have some experience and been around a little bit. And obviously The Shield, I was really impressed by them right off the bat. They were just three guys that were given a shot and really took the ball and ran with it. Cesaro, I’ve been a fan of his even before he came here. They’ve worked around the world and it benefited them when they debuted.”

laugh.gif
at Orlando getting Wrestlemania. WWE needs to stop trying to maximize revenue by putting their Superbowl in cities that don't have drawing power. Orlando damn sure ain't Miami.

Rey Mysterio has been pulled from all programming and advertising up until Wrestlemania. Word is that there are some family matters back home he's attending to, but with his history its probably drugs again. WWE isn't going to release him because of the market he's cornered.

That's garbage, they were just there a couple of years ago and isn't the Citrus Bowl a piece of **** anyways? Bring WM out to AT&T Park man or the new Santa Clara stadium.

Summer Slam at a MLB park would be :pimp:

Last edited:
Like Water
This insightful documentary brings viewers up close and personal with Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder Anderson Silva, aka The Spider. This follows the day-to-day life of Silva leading up to his 2010 fight vs. Chael Sonnen.

This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.

Wrestlemania just needs to be in a true wrestling city like Chicago or Philly.

Quality of crowd > Quantity of crown

Wrestlemania just needs to be in a true wrestling city like Chicago or Philly.

Quality of crowd > Quantity of crown

Quality of the crowd is not nearly a big enough ego boost to VKM like the quantity of the crowd..

I came across some of my old wrestling things tonight from when I wad little. I thought this was cool. Program from one of the Brian pillman memorial shows I attended.

And peep, funny you mentioned One Night Only earlier :lol: . I remember my dad bought this for me at a live event.

Last edited:
is TNA any good these days?

i remember their future was sooooo optimistic on that January 4, 2010 show where they moved to mondays at 8 and nWo, Hardy, Kennedy, Elijah Burke, Ric Flair, Hogan all debuted (i know some of the people i mentioned came into the company before or after 1/4/10 but im too lazy to verify) . . . kurt angle vs. aj styles . . . aj turned heel with ric flair coming out as his manager . . . and their show was better than Raw that night because beyond the shock value of Bret Hart coming back, the WWE was pretty much at the worst of the PG Era at the time

Back
Top Bottom