would you let your significant other go to the movies alone with the opposite sex

I'm trying to make this not turn into a thesis, but my bad if it does.....
I hear what you are saying but my point in all of this is your woman going on a date with another dude is NOT a favorable situation. The level of trust there really doesn't matter. That is like being in stable condition. Yes, your aren't in critical condition but it is still not a favorable situation.

I still don't see/agree with a man NOT being cool with his girl going on a date with another man is immaturity or insecurity. Now it CAN be but just because I DON'T want her to doesn't make me either of the EYE words up above.

I don't think it has anything to do with trust.

Same thing can be said.

Point is, if she really wants the D from someone else, she going to go out and get it.
Correct but that shouldn't translate to , "Hey girl, I am fine with you going on dates with other dudes."

You're right, it should not translate to that....but rather it should translate to...an unsaid respect level of "I wouldn't accept the invite cause I know it's not a good look, but you don't need to tell me not to go, cause I already know what's up".

My thing is... After being Friends for 20 YEARS, you don't have any Photos of Said Friend with the Both of y'all in it? Or any Photos of You, Your Wife (when married) and Friend together?

You posted a "Vanity Selfie" of this Friend, like you Saved those pics one day when you thought she was Looking Dope! And shortly don't look much over the Age of 25, so y'all been Friends since Pre-School??? I mean, it's def. possible, but would lend more to the idea of why wouldn't you have any pics of you & her together...

I'M JUST SAYIN...

Same thing can be said.

Point is, if she really wants the D from someone else, she going to go out and get it.
Correct but that shouldn't translate to , "Hey girl, I am fine with you going on dates with other dudes."

You're right, it should not translate to that....but rather it should translate to...an unsaid respect level of "I wouldn't accept the invite cause I know it's not a good look, but you don't need to tell me not to go, cause I already know what's up".

You are saying its not a good look so basically y'all are arguing over nothing. If its not a good look, then its not cool for your girl to be going to the movies and stuff with a guy friend.

Basically, there is no right or wrong answer as there are all varying opinions here and it has nothing to do with being insecure or immature.

It depends on whether y'all see something wrong with it and is best that y'all discuss it with y'all s/o to see if they agree with you
/thread

P.S. your friend is quite the looker.

Well he would have to tell her he isn't cool with it. How would he even know the offer is on the table? The woman has to present it, "Do you mind if I go to the movie with Arnold." Dude says no, explains why. End of story.

Does THAT make him insecure/immature because he articulated his feelings?

Nah.

It's painfully obvious that some dudes in here have no clue on the games women play.

First off, if I'm friends with your girl, you're a sucker. At some point she's gonna see the pipe and it WILL be on her mind after that whether I smash on the spot or not. If you're cool with your girl having friends like that, then I guess that ****old life is calling. Because how do you know dude, really?

Secondly most of the time a woman mentions another dude it's to stir emotions in you. Women want to be wanted. Simply. The end. Sadly, sometimes they want to know if you still care enough to be jealous. So whether you care or not, it's never a bad move to show you aint really feeling it to a small degree. Theres a balance between taking it to an insecure level and not caring at all.

Lastly, OP your friend is bad and I see why your ex is tripping. Kind of shows how her mind works. Basically if the roles were reversed, she's telling you a handsome dude and her alone is something that you shouldn't be cool with. She's projecting how she would be untrustworthy.

Wow @ the responses! If they are going to cheat they will cheat of course. Why put them in a situation to allow that to occur. Being a guy you should know sometimes we see things for what they are not. Especially when hormones get involved. Some of you guys need to take off your skirts and panties.

I wonder how the posterchild of trust and security @KSteezy would feel about this. Knowing him he would Probably would buy a bouquet of roses for a dude if he was about to take Ms. Steezy on a movie date.

That is how "secure" he is :smokin

Last edited:
Not a good idea to let your sig other go out with the opposite sex, 1 on 1. Your putting someone in your relationship. Dont matter how long they been friends, your relationship supplants all that. Nothing may never happen from those 1 on 1 outings but why put yourself and your partner in that situation.

Not a good idea to let your sig other go out with the opposite sex, 1 on 1. Your putting someone in your relationship. Dont matter how long they been friends, your relationship supplants all that. Nothing may never happen from those 1 on 1 outings but why put yourself and your partner in that situation.
So what do you say to those, "If you are mature/secure, why not" dudes?

Just look at the big sean situation, look how fast his ex fiancee is getting married to "her longtime friend" :rofl: :lol:

At the end of the day you cant tell a chick what to do with her box but watch out for those "besty" type dudes that "are just friends"

They're just waiting for you to slip up & its birdman hand rub from there on

Holy **** [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Why would your s/o even wanna go to the movies with someone other than you? That's a problem right there in it's self. You should be going with me or maybe a sibling/family member and that's on a good day.

You might be a sucka but better believe the dude taking your girl out not, he hit the jackpot. Im gone finger**** yo chick in the theatre like we in the 8th grade, get the top and send her home to you. And I got every right to because you allowed it.

So what do you say to those, "If you are mature/secure, why not" dudes?

You cant worry about what ppl wanna say. All you can do is put yourself in position for success weather its a relationship or what ever. Most ppl talking prolly single anyways or not happily married for 10+ years. That would be the only criticism that would effect me and what Im tryna do in a relationship.

How many mature, secure dudes still get they girls took? I would say take the steps that lead in the direction to the outcome you want.

Why would your s/o even wanna go to the movies with someone other than you? That's a problem right there in it's self. You should be going with me or maybe a sibling/family member and that's on a good day.

You might be a sucka but better believe the dude taking your girl out not, he hit the jackpot. Im gone finger**** yo chick in the theatre like we in the 8th grade, get the top and send her home to you. And I got every right to because you allowed it.
View media item 1100960

Anyone in this thread in agreement with dude going is either under the age of 25, has no relationship experience, or is still figuring out what a healthy commitment looks like.

Reading "ex-wife" is saying a lot right now - if you want her back pleighboi, it might be time to change up. This shouldn't even be a conversation.

I hope it all works out for the best.

Son said he's not about that faithful life
laugh.gif

You can't even be mad at honesty like that.

No. Some lines you don't cross and that is one. I don't car if they've been friends longer than we've been dating. I'm dating her now.

Just look at the big sean situation, look how fast his ex fiancee is getting married to "her longtime friend" :rofl: :lol:

At the end of the day you cant tell a chick what to do with her box but watch out for those "besty" type dudes that "are just friends"

They're just waiting for you to slip up & its birdman hand rub from there on

Pretty much. Unless both parties are fully committed to other people or neither finds each other attractive, a dude is basically waiting for his chance to pounce, and it's up to the chick whether she lets it happen or not.

Back
Top Bottom