[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

laugh.gif
 @ knicks, nets, bulls, cavs and (insert team that brons rumored teams here) rooting against the heat

I want Shannon back
frown.gif
Dude is can really get the crowd fired up! Dudes are quick to forget what he's out there for, not only to play basketball but to get the crowd crazy! Remember last year's playoff when we were toe to toe with Denver, and I believe Shannon took the ball and sprinted just to dunk on "Birdman"
pimp.gif
Plays like that is all it takes to change the game.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

I mean, I don't think Shannon Brown is the best player in the world or anything, but didn't dude average over 8 points and about 2-3 boards per (number which are better than Farmar, btw)?

Didn't Shannon bump those averages up to about 15 points per game starting in place of Kobe? Didn't Shannon Brown have deliver quality minutes in the clinching games against the Thunder and Jazz in the playoffs?

I know the game is more than stats, but i definitely saw quite a few positives in what Brown brought to the team and he's improved quite a bit from when he first came here.

I mean, call him erratic, i'll agree, but dude is FAR from trash....y'all complain and go in too damn much
smh.gif
Just coz you don't like a player, makes him "trash".

I want Shannon back
frown.gif
Dude is can really get the crowd fired up! Dudes are quick to forget what he's out there for, not only to play basketball but to get the crowd crazy! Remember last year's playoff when we were toe to toe with Denver, and I believe Shannon took the ball and sprinted just to dunk on "Birdman"
pimp.gif
Plays like that is all it takes to change the game.

Agree with all of this.  Shannon ain't great, but he adds something that you can't put a price on and that's crowd energy. 

If we get Shannon, as well as Blake, Theo, Barnes, and Fish re-signing.........
eek.gif

Not exactly Bosh and Ray Allen like I had hoped, but solid nonetheless. 

Night, info on that avy you got there, I need it. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

so does that mean if we sign brown, no more ebanks and caracter?
Ebanks and Caracter would come at the second round rookie contract, which, if both contracts are put together, would be less than $1M. We can well afford to place them on the roster and make Shannon an offer to stay.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Good $!%% we bring Breezy back and we are set.

PG-Fish/Blake
SG-Kobe/Breezy/Sasha
SF-Ron/Barnes/Ebanks
PF-Pau/LO/Character
C-Drew/Theo

pimp.gif
Better team overall than last year on paper AND it's for about the exact same as the salaries were last year. Now if Luke would just retire, cause clearly he's gonna get ZERO PT this year.
shannon brown is not getting re signed
How do you know? Doesn't look like anyone else wants him.

if you read the whole article on the bottom it says itsunlikely now that barnes is signed. you gonna sign brown just to suit him up? lakers didnt pay blake or barnes to sit um while brown plays. also ebanks looks to be much more promising than brown so why pay brown for basically nothing?

bynum
pau
odom
ratliff
character

kobe
artest
barnes
ebanks
sasha
fisher
blake
walton

if its anything we need its another big for insurance incase bynum goes down for the billionth time

smh @ you guys doggin farmar when this guy brown is worse.

i mean what ya all smokin on??? farreal all of ya trippin hard. fallin in love with the dunk or what???

farmar got paid and signed...

brown.............?? not signed........and its for a reason..

how ya all can hate on farmar and not brown is mind boggling...

my final word on this... going under the screen.......
laugh.gif

Good $!%% we bring Breezy back and we are set.

PG-Fish/Blake
SG-Kobe/Breezy/Sasha
SF-Ron/Barnes/Ebanks
PF-Pau/LO/Character
C-Drew/Theo

pimp.gif
Better team overall than last year on paper AND it's for about the exact same as the salaries were last year. Now if Luke would just retire, cause clearly he's gonna get ZERO PT this year.
shannon brown is not getting re signed
How do you know? Doesn't look like anyone else wants him.

if you read the whole article on the bottom it says itsunlikely now that barnes is signed. you gonna sign brown just to suit him up? lakers didnt pay blake or barnes to sit um while brown plays. also ebanks looks to be much more promising than brown so why pay brown for basically nothing?

bynum
pau
odom
ratliff
character

kobe
artest
barnes
ebanks
sasha
fisher
blake
walton
lol but Barnes and Blake dont even play the same position as Brown so why would they sit?

Kobe went lowkey on us and had surgery last week. Not on his finger though, cause as we all know, its already done for
laugh.gif

"Kobe Bryant recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. The successful surgery was performed last week.

Bryant is currently undergoing rehab and is expected to be fully recovered prior to the start of the Lakers’ training camp on September 25." - realgm

When we play real teams, Shannon does us no good.

This will be his 3rd year on the team without knowing how to run the Triangle offense.

His entry passes are terrible. If he's not doing that statue of liberty dunk, he ain't doing **!%.

If he goes elsewhere, we'll be okay. I like him, but he frustrated the **!% outta me in a few games this year.

Originally Posted by AG 47

When we play real teams, Shannon does us no good.

This will be his 3rd year on the team without knowing how to run the Triangle offense.

His entry passes are terrible. If he's not doing that statue of liberty dunk, he ain't doing **!%.

If he goes elsewhere, we'll be okay. I like him, but he frustrated the **!% outta me in a few games this year.
I agree that Shannon hasn't developed the way I would like him to, and that's made him expendable.

That being said, he's actually only been with us for two seasons (1 1/2, really) and I love his energy. Were he to commit to his handles and shooting, he'd be the welcome piece to top off a blessed summer. I think his defense is passable, only because he's surrounded by players that make the team defense we employ work through minor lapses.

Bring back Shannon, sign the rookies and call it an offseason. I don't know how much the Heat can do to improve their team, but the way things are looking now, we've easily retained our top position in the league.

pimp.gif
so glad Kob will finally get to rest and recuperate from at least one of his injuries. Take it easy Bean, relax. We have a long season coming. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Kobe went lowkey on us and had surgery last week. Not on his finger though, cause as we all know, its already done for
laugh.gif

"Kobe Bryant recently underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. The successful surgery was performed last week.

Bryant is currently undergoing rehab and is expected to be fully recovered prior to the start of the Lakers’ training camp on September 25." - realgm
Hope he didn't go to Eagle, Colorado this time
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

laugh.gif

Hope he didn't go to Eagle, Colorado this time
nerd.gif
roll.gif
i forgot he went to CO for a surgery.. imagine in a few days something like that happens again.

on twitter tmac still has the lakers as one of his options....
Hey, if Tracy wants to sign a Theo Ratliff type of contract then be our guest...
pimp.gif

He aint gettin anything more than that from us now
laugh.gif

Man the bench is far better.. I can't even count how many times last year we had a double digit lead going into the 4th and we tried to rest our starters only to give up the lead in the 1st 3 minutes of play..
Now with solid defenders , decent shooters and smart veteran players we added.. Maybe we can ACTUALLY bring down our starters minutes during the regular season.. Blake, Barns, Odom & Ratliff could/or
have been legitimate starters in this league.. As far as Brown goes, if there's no one better that we can get out there, then just keep him (its not like he's gonna get much PT).. He somewhat knows the offense and
won't whine about minutes..I'm hesitant to say we should get McGrady cause I can see him crying about PT.. Plus there is something to be said about having too many options on the bench.. Phil's really good at
getting that solid 7-8 man rotation for the playoffs.. If we do need more ammo next year Sasha will be trade-able.. You know he's gonna play over his head cause of the contract year and all..

Back
Top Bottom