[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

So....you let Powel go for somebody older? Hmmm....

Now does Barnes kill the chance of getting brown back? I hope not....

Oh NOW all Laker fans wanna give Mitch props and praise him?
grin.gif
Just a few weeks ago a lot of you guys wanted to cut off his head. Now everyones ready to throw the guy a parade for a job well done.

Where was the faith? I swear...i shouldnt even be mad but i cant help it. I can see why Laker fans have such a bad rep now.
Buncha Flip Floppy, over-reactive dudes i swear.
tired.gif

Im not talkin about all of you, but there was a LOT of people who had no faith in Mitch this offseason just because he started it off by signing Steve Blake, which btw was a good signing. He secures Fish, him and buss get Phil back for one last stand, he signs backup center which though old, is a major upgrade over DJ... gives us another scrappy bench player who will give us quality minutes at the price of ONE POINT SEVEN MILLION...chump change for that quality of a bench player...and people will still be ready to go off on him next offseason... like ive said before, im not even his biggest fan, but you gotta keep your faith in him until all moves are complete before you all rush to judgment...

Anyways, I swear i could go back pages and quote tons of people but it aint even that serious (even though i contradict that with this post
embarassed.gif
...), ill let it slide this time
grin.gif
laugh.gif

But seriously...
indifferent.gif

You know Lebron\Wade are texting each other right now about this

Lebron: Lakers got Barnes, they got deeper but we can do this

Wade: Yeah dont trip, I'm on the other line with your mom brb

Originally Posted by tupac003

So....you let Powel go for somebody older? Hmmm....

Now does Barnes kill the chance of getting brown back? I hope not....
I don't think Powell wanted to come back. He wants more playing time, which he's going to get in Atlanta.

I think Barnes means no Brown. Sasha is going to play better with it being a contract year and with those two plus Blake, there's no playing time available for Brown.

Not sure what this means for Brown coming back...

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Barnes signs with Lakers[/h2]

ESPN.com news services

Veteran swingman Matt Barnes, one of the most coveted free agents left on the open market, is headed to the Los Angeles Lakers.

The seven-year veteran announced the move via his Twitter feed on Thursday, and the Lakers confirmed the deal.

Yahoo! Sports is reporting that Barnes agreed to a two-year contract worth $3.6 million.

1765.jpg

Barnes

"Its official IAM A LOS ANGLES LAKER. I wanna thank u for all ur patients andunderstanding. This is a dream come true!!! Good lookn Kobe," Barnesposted on his Twitter feed.

The deal is significantly less than the one he reportedly agreed to with the Toronto Raptors on Monday.

Barnesannounced Monday night via his Twitter feed that he was headed toToronto. But that deal quickly unraveled when it became apparent thatthe limited sign-and-trade options available to Orlando -- Barnes' lastteam -- would not allow for the contract that Barnes was anticipating.

Underthe impression that he would be receiving a two-year contract worthroughly $9 million, Barnes tweeted his thanks to Magic fans afterannouncing that he'd be "playing for the Toronto Raptors" next season.

TheMagic are prevented by salary-cap rules from starting a sign-and-tradedeal for Barnes at higher than $1.9 million, because Orlando doesn'thave Barnes' full Bird rights after employing him for only one season.A sign-and-trade deal would also have to span at least three years,although only the first year is required to be guaranteed.

Since Toronto recently spent the bulk of its $5.8 million mid-level exception to sign Linas Kleiza, it did not have the available funds to sign Barnes outright to a deal that starts in the neighborhood of $4 million.

Barneswill be joining his eighth NBA team in returning to Los Angeles wherehe played for four years for UCLA. He has averaged 7.3 points, with acareer high of 10.2 for Phoenix during the 2008-09 season. Barnesstarted 58 games last year for Orlando in his only season with theMagic after a hard recruiting push from center Dwight Howard,averaging 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. The 30-year-oldoriginally signed a two-year deal with Orlando but exercised his optionto become a free agent after playing for $1.6 million in 2009-10.

Shannon Brown'sagent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin thatBarnes' signing does not change things in Brown's negotiations with theLakers but with 11 players now under contract for the Lakers and theremaining two roster spots considered earmarked for the team's twosecond-round draft picks, it would appear that Brown will not bereturning to L.A.

Information from ESPN.com senior writer Marc Stein was used in thisreport. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

1st Unit
PG Fisher
SG Bryant
SF Artest
PF Gasol
C Bynum

2nd Unit
PG Blake
SG Vujacic
SF Barnes
PF Odom
C Gasol/Bynum

great work with the MLE..

i wonder where shannon brown ends up. hope he can land with a team and get something close to starter minutes.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

You know Lebron\Wade are texting each other right now about this

Lebron: Lakers got Barnes, they got deeper but we can do this

Wade: Yeah dont trip, I'm on the other line with your mom brb

roll.gif

I really hope Brown comes back.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Not thrilled. Another player 30 or over. I would have preferred to keep Brown's athleticism off the bench.

But, fewer minutes from Luke is all right with me. Where have people been hearing he might retire?
What the hell?

What happens if Artest can't play? Can Brown play SF? Because Ebanks sure as hell can't right now.

Who cares if he is 30 when he is signed for 1-year essentially. And that's prime age last I checked. He is an athletic freak himself. Could've played pro football if he wanted.

Originally Posted by mike2389

with 11 players now under contract for the Lakers and theremaining two roster spots considered earmarked for the team's twosecond-round draft picks, it would appear that Brown will not bereturning to L.A.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Wow, our bench looks pretty decent now. First, Steve Blake and now Theo Ratliff and Matt Barnes. Nice offseason to bolster up our bench.

After reading that Barnes article posted up there, looks like the Lakers really want to keep Caracter and Ebanks.

You guys think those 2 might be used as trade pieces down the line? Or they could possibly our future. Those dudes seem to have a nice understanding of how the triangle works and are definitely some hustle guys.

eyes.gif
y'all really complaining about losing josh powell?. Yea the dude seemed like he was cool peoples, but he's been here for what?, 3 years didn't really produce like he or the team wanted, so I have no prob letting him walk....best of luck to him, shannon, and DJ

Originally Posted by thachosen123

eyes.gif
y'all really complaining about losing josh powell?. Yea the dude seemed like he was cool peoples, but he's been here for what?, 3 years didn't really produce like he or the team wanted, so I have no prob letting him walk....best of luck to him, shannon, and DJ

Met the guy a couple of times and when drew went down he did play well in a couple of games. I just don't like guys leaving a championship squad. It was the same way when ronnie left. We liked him but what did he really do besides rebound? But we won with out him and we will win without powell.

Back
Top Bottom