[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Ratliff
Odom
Barnes
Sasha
Blake

Walton
second rounder

This would be our bench.  Not bad, but no terrific.  Not much offensive punch, but a lot of D certainly. 

This puts a TON of pressure on Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum to score, with Odom and Artest needing to be solid more often.  Hope Sasha gets his shot right, and that Blake can add a few 3's as well. 

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Hope y'all ain't sleeping on Barnes. If y'all end up facing MIA in the Finals...you need guys that'll harass and make those guys uncomfortable. Plus Barnes & Ron Ron's peskiness could rub off on the young dudes.
Sasha already does that. Plus I think Sasha is a better shooter than Barnes, who is really overrated in that department.

I would have liked Kurt Thomas instead. Better rebounder and can shoot midrange.

Edit: Just noticed Ronny's reaction on the bench.
roll.gif
I'd love to sign him again once his contract is up.

laugh.gif
my man Theo
roll.gif

Hopefully we get Barnes.

and i always liked Powell, he has the 15-18 footer. i remember this one game against SA where Kobe and Josh just ran the Pick and Pop and Powell made like 2 or 3 in a row

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ratliff
Odom
Barnes
Sasha
Blake

Walton
second rounder

This would be our bench.  Not bad, but no terrific.  Not much offensive punch, but a lot of D certainly. 

This puts a TON of pressure on Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum to score, with Odom and Artest needing to be solid more often.  Hope Sasha gets his shot right, and that Blake can add a few 3's as well. 
It might not be terrific but it sure would be better than last year's bench IMO

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Ratliff
Odom
Barnes
Sasha
Blake

Walton
second rounder

It might not be terrific but it sure would be better than last year's bench IMO
definitely better than last years bench

I think Ratliff actually did a good job with the Bobcats. Remember we had AC Green and John Sally as our oldies in 2000? That turned out to be a good year. He adds a lot of experience and I'm happy with that.
Also, Theo missed a few seasons because of injuries so he does not have that much milage as a player, that got drafted 15 years ago, should have. Sure he might be injury prone but we don't need him to play 20+ minutes a game.

Ratliff
Odom
Barnes
Sasha
Blake

Walton
second rounder

Yea..but if you mix Kobe or Gasol/Bynum n that 5 up there..it'll certainly have a little more offensive punch, don't ya think?..
happy.gif

Can't wait! 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by k0befomvp

I think Ratliff actually did a good job with the Bobcats. Remember we had AC Green and John Sally as our oldies in 2000? That turned out to be a good year. He adds a lot of experience and I'm happy with that.
Also, Theo missed a few seasons because of injuries so he does not have that much milage as a player, that got drafted 15 years ago, should have. Sure he might be injury prone but we don't need him to play 20+ minutes a game.

you do when bynum goes down with his annual huge injury...

does ratliff even have anything left in him??

Originally Posted by DC5 06

Matt Barnes has agreed in principle on a two-year, $3.6 million deal with the Lakers, league sources tell Y! He's expected to sign tonight.

watch barnes and odom go at in the locker room opening night
laugh.gif

Wow combo of Barnes and Artest guarding Princess James.... Good luck "chosen one". 

barnes cant guard lebron. he aint strong enough. and we saw what lebron did to artest on xmas day. lebron made artest look like a lttle kid...

Kupchak did a hell of a job getting this championship team even better. He added some huge pieces with Blake and Barnes and some impressive rookies. Also Ratliff > Mbenga!

Law 2- But hire a former enemy and he will be more loyal than a friend, because he has more to prove.

kobe pulled for the barnes signing if im not mistaken. tried to get raja too
pimp.gif

If they sign Barnes, all we need is for Luke to retire and become an assistant, and for the Lakers to sign their 2 draft picks.

getting Barnes was a "Noble" pick up.... kekekeke get it get it?!?!? lol give me a stoneface i dont care. Lakers pickups are strongggggg.

Not thrilled. Another player 30 or over. I would have preferred to keep Brown's athleticism off the bench.

But, fewer minutes from Luke is all right with me. Where have people been hearing he might retire?

Back
Top Bottom