[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Our size is what gave us the advantage while our team was banged up incase some of you forget. While I Wouldn't mind CP3, a healthy Bynum is enough trouble for the rest of the league along with Pau, not to mention KB was injured most of the year.

We don't need CP3 to win, of course I wouldn't mind it...Hell I wouldnt even mind getting rid of LO, but not both LO and Bynum.

Your telling me we couldn't give powell 1.1 mil? Come on....I liked that kid!

CP3 is a pipe dream. He is going to NY.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

thought powell was kobes lapdog forever...oh well. goodbye.

I thought that too, but Powell was at the Pro Am in Durham NC, and i had a feeling he wasn't going to be a Laker for long.. I wish him the best in Atlanta

I like Paul but we got our PG already in Fish. And hes proven to be a champion.

i'd rather have the Lakers pick-up a solid vet bigman and sign our draft picks in Ebanks and Caracter.

Is Kurt Thomas still available?? or did he also have a dinner with Kobe??

We don't need CP3. If Bynum and Kobe can stay healthy we will win the championship. We as a squad already has 2 years of Final experience. Nobody on the Heat or the NBA can guard the force of Bynum, Pau Gasol and Kobe all working together. Kobe can handle the shooting game while Gasol and Bynum pound in the lane. Who will the Heat send to guard our big men ? Jamar Magloire ? Udonis Haslem ? please
laugh.gif
. Our biggest weakness is ourselves on the defensive end . If we somehow can get Ariza back though
eek.gif

[h2]Sources: Powell to leave L.A. for Hawks[/h2]

By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

LOS ANGELES -- Another Los Angeles Lakers free agent appears to be taking his championship rings elsewhere in search of more playing time.

The Atlanta Hawks are close to finalizing a one-year deal with forward Josh Powell worth approximately $1.1 million, according to sources close to the situation. The deal is expected to be finalized early next week, perhaps as soon as Monday.

[h4]Josh Powell[/h4][h5]#21 C
Los Angeles Lakers[/h5]
2010 STATS
  • GM63
  • PPG2.7
  • RPG1.8
  • APG0.6
  • FG%.366
  • FT%.645

Powell, a five-year veteran, averaged 2.7 points and 1.8 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game for the Lakers last season but was an influential locker room presence as one of Kobe Bryant's most trusted confidants. Powell was credited by teammates for being a consummate professional as a practice player.

Despite winning two titles in his two seasons with the Lakers, Powell chose the Hawks in the same way Jordan Farmar signed with the New Jersey Nets in hopes of a taking on a larger role with his new team.

Powell played only 41 minutes during last season's playoffs, but in returning to his hometown of Atlanta, the 6-foot-9, 240-pounder hopes to absorb some of the playing time of departing reserves Joe Smith and Randolph Morris while backing up starters Josh Smithand Al Horford.

Powell's departure will open the door for the Lakers to offer a contract to one of their second-round draft picks -- Devin Ebanks of West Virginia or Derrick Caracter of Texas-El Paso -- to fill Powell's spot next season. Both are considered likely to make the team while earning rookie minimum salaries and occupying the seats at the end of the bench that used to belong to Powell and backup big man .J. Mbenga, who is also expected to sign with a new team.

cp3 isnt gonna happen because everytime someone says they wanna play for us it NEVER happens

id rather get a good bench player that can score instead but we cannot trade bynum and odom just for cp3...its our length that makes us a great team

anyways if we were to get cp3 we need to get okafor or a getting a legit big man as well

smh @ some of you saying cp3 for bynum and odom...you guys are obviously going by the name i mean as great as he is hes really not what we need especially under phils system

i hear congo cash is expected not to be resigned...kudos to josh powell though hes a hooper if he gets the minutes

How many years does Kobe have on his new deal?

If CP3 went to LA that's how many more titles the Lakers would win.

CP3 at the 1 and Kobe at the 2
eek.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

^^

i disagree because it means we'd probably have to give up drew and/or odom...their length along with pau make us a great team
Bynum would definitely have to be included but I don't see NO wanting Odom's 3/24 (Odom is worth that price to the Lakers but not to NO who is not a contender) so I think you're safe there...

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Barnes or Shannon, as long as they get one.

Also who the hell is going to back Andrew up? This is an issue

Character
pimp.gif
, I hope he makes the roster.

We already have andrews backup on the team, and that is pau.........all we "need" is some insurance @ PF/C, someone who knows they won't see the hardwood unless we get hit with injurys

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

^^

i disagree because it means we'd probably have to give up drew and/or odom...their length along with pau make us a great team
Bynum would definitely have to be included but I don't see NO wanting Odom's 3/24 (Odom is worth that price to the Lakers but not to NO who is not a contender) so I think you're safe there...

as great as cp 3 is we'd still be thin in the inside ala 2008 against boston plus in phils system he never had a true pg and doesnt need a true pg as well...id be for it if somehow we get okafor too

I thought Raptors already signed Barnes.. we still need a back up big.. 
technically we never had a backup big...i mean mbenga didnt play as much

The New York Knicks, Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are on Paul'slist of preferred destinations, sources told CBSSports.com. The sourcessaid members of Paul's "inner circle" have told the Hornets the guardwants out in part because "he feels like they haven't put the rightpieces together."

Sources told Broussard on Thursday that the Knicks and Magic are onPaul's list of preferred destinations, but the Lakers are not. Sourcestold Broussard that the Portland Trail Blazers and Dallas Mavericks arealso in the running if Paul were to be traded.
Sources told Broussard on Thursday that the Knicks and Magic are on Paul's list of preferred destinations, but the Lakers are not.Sources told Broussard that the Portland Trail Blazers and DallasMavericks are also in the running if Paul were to be traded. ESPN.com

According to CBS - Knicks,Magic Lakers
According to ESPN - Knicks,Magic,Blazers,Mavs

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom