[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

I guess I see what you guys are saying now. I was just excited about the possibility of CP3 in purple and gold. Bynum OR Odom and picks, fillers I'd be ok with.

And you keep saying that he wouldn't fit in Phil's system, but this is Phil's last year so I doubt the triangle is going to be used heavily much after that. Bottomline, if there is a way to get him without giving up both Bynum and Odom, I say we do it. Kobe+CP3+Pau = wrap for the rest of the league.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

And you keep saying that he wouldn't fit in Phil's system, but this is Phil's last year so I doubt the triangle is going to be used heavily much after that. Bottomline, if there is a way to get him without giving up both Bynum and Odom, I say we do it. Kobe+CP3+Pau = wrap for the rest of the league.

I agree. But honestly, if it came down to us giving up Bynum and odom for Okafor and CP3, I'd do it. I understand that Bynum has oodles of Potential, but I really don't think we would loose too much with Okafor. In fact, I think we'd actually gain from it. Okafor is very durable(hasn't missed a game in 3 seasons), great shot blocker,rebounder, and help defender. the only thing Bynum has on Okafor on the defensive end is length. And bynum's pick and roll defense is 
sick.gif
 We'd lose some on offense, but we already have enough scoring. all we would need our center to do is catch lobs and clean up around the rim, which Okafor excels at. I understand that true point guards arent a necessity in the triangle, but CP3>>>Odom no matter how u slice it
And seein that this is Phils last year, we better way to start of a new era of laker basketball than with the best PG in the league 
pimp.gif

Maybe just me but...Brown>Barnes if I had to chose. I think Brown might have a better year with Farmar gone.

CP3 would be great, but I don't think we have the trades to give up to get him, unless Mitch has something up his sleeve? If we could somehow land him our big3>_____ we would run the NBA while Wade, Bosch and that other guy argue who's going to score the most points tonight.

Edit......and
smh.gif
at losing Powell, and possibly Mbenga. They must have high hopes for a healthy season for Drew
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Maybe just me but...Brown>Barnes if I had to chose. I think Brown might have a better year with Farmar gone.

CP3 would be great, but I don't think we have the trades to give up to get him, unless Mitch has something up his sleeve? If we could somehow land him our big3>_____ we would run the NBA while Wade, Bosch and that other guy argue who's going to score the most points tonight.

They can still sign both.  Barnes will be taking the Vet minimum.

^^yeah, but that would leave Brown in the same situation (minutes wise) maybe worse than last year. I think he needs more playing time so he can break out. IMO that kid has potential, he just doesn't get much time to prove it.

After the Gasol trade I believe anything is possible (Garnett voice lol)... but seriously Bynum and Odom is waaaay to much... If I had to choose I would probably give up Drew.

On to more realistic scenarios... I would love to pick up Barnes, that has been my guy the whole offseason. That would be such an upgrade to the bench: Barnes, Odom, Blake and The Machine (on a contract year) would be very nice. Combine that to a healthy season for Bynum (he's due one) and I don't see any1 beating us excpet ourselves.

And I'm 100% positive that if we by somehow did a miracle and landed CP3 and Okafor, even if it was having to give up Odom & Bynum, Snaq's fat %!$ would come back to LA and play for FREE.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by s dubl

They can still sign both.  Barnes will be taking the Vet minimum.

I think barnes would sign for the remainder of the MLE. And we can resign Shannon given that we have his bird rights from the Charlotte deal. But I think the lakers only sign one of them. I can see barnes getting minutes at both the 2 and 3. And I hope they use the vet min on a backup big

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Funny I was thinking if we pulled CP3 and Omeka we could call Shaq and ask him to come in as insurance. 
laugh.gif

I'm ok wtih Barnes if he comes thru, but i think he's just pushin his dollars up elsewhere by threatening to sign with us. 

Originally Posted by Kookcle

If Barnes comes in,  that means another season of Luke getting $6mill to sit on the bench
smh.gif

That's gonna happen regardless for the next 3 years
laugh.gif

That contract will not be valuable to the team until the final year, 2013.  It can be used as a trading chip.  By then, I think Kobe will be calling it quits.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Am I the only one that doesn't want Matt Barnes on this team?

i dont either but if its between him and brown id take barnes. i think its strange how they say hes gonna sign a 1 year deal with the lakers. watch it not happen. why would dude take only 1.7 to play for the lakers whe he could prolly get a longer deal with the heat or another team?

Hope y'all ain't sleeping on Barnes. If y'all end up facing MIA in the Finals...you need guys that'll harass and make those guys uncomfortable. Plus Barnes & Ron Ron's peskiness could rub off on the young dudes.

Problem might be if Artest and Barnes are on the same floor...Phil might lose his cool from the genius shot selection from those two.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom