[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Lakers?

get that %@#! done Mitch! seriously, get it done

Only untouchables = Kobe & Pau

Anyone else can be had[as long as it's reasonable]. My guess is Odomwould have to be involved, maybe even Artest. Or a package around Bynum+ picks/salary fillers

This would also prime the Lakers for when Phil retires after this season. CP3, Kobe, Pau?
laugh.gif
eek.gif
smokin.gif

http://realgm.com/src_wir..._to_knicks_magic_lakers/

But my guess is that he ends up in a Knicks uniform somehow
ohwell.gif

^^theyd need to keep Odom or Artest...they need sz/strength especially with Drews health issues (gawd I wish we traded him for Bosch last season) and my vote would be to keep Artest. Paul would be a great addition to the Lakers....c'mon Mitch don't let that slip away!

If cp3 some how ends up in la I hope dfish likes that preacher motivational
speaker role cuz I don't see him doin much else

laugh.gif
@ pass on Paul, dude is the best PG in the league, you don't just pass on that. Bynum has proven he CANT stay healthy an entire season and Odom only plays well when he gets some from Khloe.

This is Phil's last year and I doubt whoever takes over after him, even if it's B. Shaw is going to want to run the triangle exclusively. Just imagine CP3 droppin' dimes to Kobe on the wing or Pau in the pick and roll
sick.gif
sick.gif

No doubt he would improve the team.

LOS ANGELES -- Another Los Angeles Lakers free agent appears to be taking his championship rings elsewhere in search of more playing time.

The Atlanta Hawks are close to finalizing a one-year deal with forward Josh Powellworth approximately $1.1 million, according to sources close to thesituation. The deal is expected to be finalized early next week,perhaps as soon as Monday.

[h4]Josh Powell[/h4][h5]#21 C
Los Angeles Lakers[/h5]
2010 STATS
  • GM63
  • PPG2.7
  • RPG1.8
  • APG0.6
  • FG%.366
  • FT%.645

Powell, a five-year veteran, averaged 2.7points and 1.8 rebounds in 9.2 minutes per game for the Lakers lastseason but was an influential locker room presence as one of Kobe Bryant's most trusted confidants and credited by teammates for being a consummate professional as a practice player.

Despite winning two titles in his two seasons with the Lakers, Powell chose the Hawks in the same way Jordan Farmar signed with the New Jersey Nets in hopes of a taking on a larger role with his new team.

Powellplayed only 41 minutes during the last season's playoffs but inreturning to his hometown of Atlanta, the 6-foot-9, 240-pounder hopesto absorb some of the playing time of departing reserves Joe Smith and Randolph Morris while backing up starters Josh Smith and Al Horford.

Powell'sdeparture will open the door for the Lakers to offer a contract to oneof their second-round draft picks -- Devin Ebanks of West Virginia orDerrick Caracter of Texas El Paso -- to fill Powell's spot next season.Both are considered likely to make the team earning rookie minimumsalaries and occupying the seats at the end of the bench that used tobelong to Powell and backup big man .J. Mbenga who is also expected to sign with a new team.

Dave McMenamin covers the Lakers for ESPNLosAngeles.com. Follow him on Twitter.

Shows how many bandwagon fans there are, just like i said last time.

If you guys were to trade Bynum amd Odom, who the hell is left as their bigs? If Bynum, Pau and Odom barely made it, you think Okafor, Pau, and Character? would?
laugh.gif

Alright, i guess i understand what some of you may be thinking[we just won back to back, don't change anything].

HOWEVER,

it is the mark of a champion/winning franchise to continually improve when the opportunity presents itself. Your opponents improve, you improve[as we did last season in acquiring Artest].

If you have the chance to get Chris Paul, you do it. Let's not forget that when he's healthy he is arguably the best PG in the league, putting up insane #'s for a PG. Add that to Kobe/Pau, and you make it very tough for others to beat you. & this is Phil's last year, so this move would be helpful for the years post-Phil.

Wit that said, I'm sure behind the scenes the Lakers front office are using their imaginations with this latest development, but in the end I don't really see CP3 getting to the Lakers. I do see him somehow ending up with the Knicks though. & PLEASE, do not let him go to the Magic. CP3 + D12 would not be fair.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

No doubt he would improve the team.
I'm not saying he wouldn't, but we don't need him.

It also doesn't mean much to me as a fan if we're just raking in the best players in the league to win a championship. I'd like to see some competition.

^ I agree with that, but the Heat have set the precedent, and it looks like more are to follow.

And to BangDak, I don't know if you watch the Finals, but Bynum and LO weren't exactly factors anyway. All Okafor needs to do is rebound and be a presence, CP3 would do WORK on the Lakers post-triangle era.

as long as the core is intact, we don't need cp3 right now.. if we lose bynum, we lose defensive presence down low.. and if we give up odom, where's our X factor/matchup nightmare every game.. so trading cp3 for bynum & odom is non sense..

this wish list for paul is just like the wish list of bosh. who wouldn't want to play for the Lakers? totally could see this happening if Scott was the head coach.. but i am good with team we got now with Phil as the head coach.

this wish list for paul is just like the wish list of bosh. who wouldn't want to play for the Lakers? totally could see this happening if Scott was the head coach.. but i am good with team we got now with Phil as the head coach.

While i can agree CP3 would make everything easier for the whole team overall, that still doesnt justify giving up 2 of your big men, which contributed a lot to these past 3 playoff berths.

You can argue that Bynum was injured, and Odom was never consistent enough, but eh.

If the hornets trade paul, im sure they would want to get rid of one of their contracts in Okafor or Peja...So theres really no point of taking back Odoms contract if they are shedding/rebuilding.

Back
Top Bottom