[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

laugh.gif
ok I got a hypothetical question to ask y'all

Let's say sasha gets back to hittin a high percentage of his shots knowing he's in a contract year, my question is would y'all want mitch to resign him to another multi year deal?

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by AG 47

When we play real teams, Shannon does us no good.

This will be his 3rd year on the team without knowing how to run the Triangle offense.

His entry passes are terrible. If he's not doing that statue of liberty dunk, he ain't doing **!%.

If he goes elsewhere, we'll be okay. I like him, but he frustrated the **!% outta me in a few games this year.
I agree that Shannon hasn't developed the way I would like him to, and that's made him expendable.

That being said, he's actually only been with us for two seasons (1 1/2, really) and I love his energy. Were he to commit to his handles and shooting, he'd be the welcome piece to top off a blessed summer. I think his defense is passable, only because he's surrounded by players that make the team defense we employ work through minor lapses.

Bring back Shannon, sign the rookies and call it an offseason. I don't know how much the Heat can do to improve their team, but the way things are looking now, we've easily retained our top position in the league.

I can respect that. IF we can find a way to re-sign him, I won't complain. But I don't see how we have enough money to do so...unless he takes the ABSOLUTE minimum to play for us.

I doubt he does that. We shall see though.

Someone is going to get angry about playing time (If Shannon comes back which I want him back).... Something to look out for... I hope it doesn't happen but it better be at an irrelevant time..

I don't think it will be Barnes because he took $1.7 mil a year to come here so I'm pretty sure he knows whats in store.... LO possibly?

At some point Sasha & Luke need to be let go if we are not going to do anything with them.. $10 million total in salary going to waste every year...

And if Bynum gets injured 1 more year where he misses significant time, as much as I like him, he would be way too much of a liability..

as much as i would like to keep more of the championship team together, i don't really think the lakers should resign shannon.
i really believe that sasha is going to get back into form this season.

Shannon played worse than Farmar because he pretends he is steve francis and dribbles for 10 seconds and shoots a terrible jumper then forgets to play defense.

Farmar  does less steve francis but dribbles into the paint and gets trapped or turns the ball over.

Farmar did not get lost as easily on defense and made a few more jumpers but that really isnt saying much. Both dudes waste so many possesions on offense
indifferent.gif

I really dont care if shennon resigns or not

ESPN'S David Thorpe ranked the summer league rookies and both Ebanks & Character made the top 20! Character was rated #5!
Pretty cool considering both were 2nd rd picks..

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif

Let's say sasha gets back to hittin a high percentage of his shots knowing he's in a contract year, my question is would y'all want mitch to resign him to another multi year deal?

Nope

laugh.gif

Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full......

laugh.gif

I'd rather he just vaporize out of nowhere.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

laugh.gif

I'd rather he just vaporize out of nowhere.

co-F'N-sign kb8
pimp.gif

Can someone post that Kobe pic with the gold medal around his neck, and the championships and mvp trophies at his feet please? Saw it around here somewhere.

This has been an amazing offseason for us. If we could still get Shannon, then do it for depth purposes if nothing else.

But regardless, we've improved ourselves and our bench is looking better than last year. LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

Wow @ the lakers recent pickups, we lookin real good.

While I was praying for a knockdown shooter , barnes n ratliff are appreciated.

I agree.... Lakers to me are are more stacked than Mavs and Heat. Hopefully Phil pushes for a 70 win season and another Championship!!!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
We know how that movie ends bruh

laugh.gif

keep signing him to one year deals
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In case Shannon's contract negotiations fail.

"Although the Lakers hold Brown's Bird Rights and can offer him a contract worth as much as $5 million per season, the Lakers' front office would like to re-sign the guard at around $2 million a year. Brown's camp would prefer an annual salary of $3.5 million.

Contract negotiations will continue throughout the next couple weeks. Nevertheless, in the unlikely case that Shannon Brown does not return to Los Angeles, the Lakers' management has a list of free-agent guards willing to sign for the veteran's minimum.

That free-agent list includes former Bobcats' guard Larry Hughes, former Bulls' guard Ronald "Flip" Murray, and former Spurs' swingman Roger Mason, Jr."

http://bleacherreport.com...nto-2010-2011-nba-season

Originally Posted by NIMO007

In case Shannon's contract negotiations fail.

"Although the Lakers hold Brown's Bird Rights and can offer him a contract worth as much as $5 million per season, the Lakers' front office would like to re-sign the guard at around $2 million a year. Brown's camp would prefer an annual salary of $3.5 million.

Contract negotiations will continue throughout the next couple weeks. Nevertheless, in the unlikely case that Shannon Brown does not return to Los Angeles, the Lakers' management has a list of free-agent guards willing to sign for the veteran's minimum.

That free-agent list includes former Bobcats' guard Larry Hughes, former Bulls' guard Ronald "Flip" Murray, and former Spurs' swingman Roger Mason, Jr."

http://bleacherreport.com...nto-2010-2011-nba-season
Ehhh... I'd rather have Shannon over those three.

If we have to pick among those three, I guess I'd like to have Roger Mason, Jr.

Originally Posted by bonafide101

Can someone post that Kobe pic with the gold medal around his neck, and the championships and mvp trophies at his feet please? Saw it around here somewhere.

Here you go fam
33kxkqa.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom