[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

I have no problem w/ the Blake signing. HOWEVER... if they don't pay Fish and he ends up walking...
smh.gif

"Peh heem. Peh that man hees mahney."

Originally Posted by NobleKane

lol gerald greeen....man... wasnt he projected to be picked by the lakers when he was drafted? who did we pick instead of him? he was supposed to be the next tmac
laugh.gif

the dude ebanks needs to work on his threes. he actually looks like ariza
laugh.gif
we picked bynum over green...and good thing we did
laugh.gif

this is Green's last chance

apparently Kobe was the one that wanted Steve Blake.

it was probably the last game of the season where he dropped 23/10/11 on us 
laugh.gif

Fish ain't worth 5 mil, I like the guy but just keeping it real.

With this Blake signing, Buss is probably gonna give him one of those take it or leave it deals. He's not going to get 5 mil from any team...most I see him getting is right around the same amount LA is offering.

Might as well take the cut, chase a few more rings and retire a Laker.

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I'm pretty excited to see how Blake will do. I have faith in him.

hes very erratic. sounds like one of our other pgs we just let go lol

how much did turiaf get paid the year we didnt match the warriors?

so why does ridinour or however the %%!% you spell it get 12 mill but blake gets 16 mill?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Ridnour is less efficient and a terrible defender.

maybe a worse defender than blake but hes got him beat in production per minute though no? last year he shot about 48 percent from the field while blake shot 41 percent. ridnour is a better freethrow shooter by miles and. luc played 6 less minutes pergame than blake yet he only averages 1 less board and assist last year.

*!*% it im done arguing about this signing.

this dude better put up career high numbers this year cuz hes gonna be left wide open...

and another thing blake aint gonna do no better against the premier point guards and i doubt when kobe has to play d on rondo again blake is gonna be able to guard people like ray allen like fish did... he not strong enough

why do u guys like steve blake??? he is #!@!%@# GARBAGE. dude has worse numbers than jordan farmar with more minutes! this +%%+#! is 30 years old too!

pathetic man...

goodbye 3 peat.
I can cosign this 100%.  Living in Oregon and being a Blazer fan, I had to watch this fool all the time, Blake is trash.  Dude never penetrates and when he does he hardly ever looks to pass or go for a lay up, hell he will have an open lane and get to the basket uncontested and dribble through and out to the behind the arch.  His "handles" are mediocre at best, I have seen guys at my gym with better.  The only thing he is somewhat decent at is shooting, and with that he is even streaky at best.  Be prepared to watch him pass it off to Kobe and go hide in the corner cause that is all he ever did in Portland.  Good news I guess for me is that Portland can't sign him back, bad news they are looking at picking up Farmar
sick.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

why do u guys like steve blake??? he is #!@!%@# GARBAGE. dude has worse numbers than jordan farmar with more minutes! this +%%+#! is 30 years old too!

pathetic man...

goodbye 3 peat.
I can cosign this 100%.  Living in Oregon and being a Blazer fan, I had to watch this fool all the time, Blake is trash.  Dude never penetrates and when he does he hardly ever looks to pass or go for a lay up, hell he will have an open lane and get to the basket uncontested and dribble through and out to the behind the arch.  His "handles" are mediocre at best, I have seen guys at my gym with better.  The only thing he is somewhat decent at is shooting, and with that he is even streaky at best.  Be prepared to watch him pass it off to Kobe and go hide in the corner cause that is all he ever did in Portland.  Good news I guess for me is that Portland can't sign him back, bad news they are looking at picking up Farmar
sick.gif
as a backup PG, blake is a MAJOR upgrade over farmar

scouting report for farmar: does  nothing good and when he does it is like 2 times a year

I would rather have blake than  "cutting costs" and not using the MLE at all

dont low ball fisher though...we need that dude in the clutch
smh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Fish ain't worth 5 mil, I like the guy but just keeping it real.

With this Blake signing, Buss is probably gonna give him one of those take it or leave it deals. He's not going to get 5 mil from any team...most I see him getting is right around the same amount LA is offering.

Might as well take the cut, chase a few more rings and retire a Laker.

For 1 year 5 mil is a deal IMO. I love how people forget that Fish has been the one to hit just about every big shot we have need out of him. He is the one that closed out Orlando. He is the one that tied that Celtics game. He has hit big shot after big shot. Hell he won us game 3! How is he not worth 5 mil for one year? Now if he wanted a multi year deal at 5 mil....no dice.

[h2]Fisher Receives Interest From Cavs, Heat[/h2]
Jul 03, 2010 1:04 AM EST

cle_40.gif
The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers have expressed interest in Derek Fisher, who "wants to go to a championship team," said a source close to Fisher who requested anonymity during the negotiation process. "He feels he can be the final piece that can push a team over the top."

The Lakers hope to meet with Fisher's representatives next week.

Fisher is seeking a two-year deal in the neighborhood of $10 million from the Lakers.

"I don't think he wants to go anywhere and I don't think we want him to go anywhere," Mitch Kupchak said. "So there's a hope that you sit down and work something out, and I believe that will happen."

Via Los Angeles Times

Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0sbTAsvDF

2 years.....If he wants 2 years give him a 2 year 7 mil contract. No way he takes a 2 year 5 mil deal.

^ Yup. Pretty much.

I can't even imagine now what would it feels like going into the playoffs without him..just the fact he did so much for us in the finals/playoffs the last couple of years
laugh.gif

If they sign Fisher then I don't mind the signing of Blake but if they let Fisher walk they better get another PG cause Blake as our #1 option
is a total joke man.. C'mon Mitch give Fish what he wants man! That's the least you can do considering he was a BIG reason why we won both rings..

and also it really looks bad on the Lakers part giving a player like Blake who has never proved anything in the playoffs a 4 year 16 million dollar contract
and then not giving Fish (who should be in a playoff Hall of Fame if they make one) 5 million considering how much he has done for the organization.

Fish in a Cavs UNI?!
sick.gif
 Makes me sick to my stomach man.. Jerry & Mitch, do the right thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

steve blake
smh.gif

Im guessing miller turned us down?
most likely unless kobe wanted to see what blake looks like in the shower
sick.gif

why not give fisher a 2 year 5 mill per season contract?? thats the least this franchise can do. i still cant believe they settled for blake
sick.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

For 1 year 5 mil is a deal IMO. I love how people forget that Fish has been the one to hit just about every big shot we have need out of him. He is the one that closed out Orlando. He is the one that tied that Celtics game. He has hit big shot after big shot. Hell he won us game 3! How is he not worth 5 mil for one year? Now if he wanted a multi year deal at 5 mil....no dice.

No one is forgetting about Fisher's track record. Most of the time when he makes those big shots, it's in the playoffs...he's definitely not giving you $5 mil of production during the regular season.

I look at a guy like Grant Hill, who took a "pay cut" (a nice way of saying that you're old and you're not going to get much more elsewhere) to stay with the Suns. I think Fish deserves about the same, even if it is for one year....

Blake looks like someone who Kobe will punch in practice.  Are we letting Farmar go? Because if he's even farther back on the depth chart and has even less confidence... you cant expect anything out of him.

Kobe
Fish
Blake
Brown
Machine
Farmar

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Did the Lakers ever talk with Felton?
Felton wants more than the MLE. No way we would have been able to sign him.

We extended Miller's deadline to Tuesday, but I don't think Kupchak wanted to let Blake agree to sign with another team while waiting for Miller only to have Miller decide not to come here, too. Blake was the safe option.

It's highly unlikely Miller will come now, unless he agrees to the rest of the MLE which will be a little less than $3 mil, meaning he would be making less than Sasha, Luke, and Blake.

Back
Top Bottom