[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by BangDak

Funny, how half these guys saying Fisher needed to be moved during the trade deadline, now wants to give Fish a nice deal.

Shows how many bandwagon fans there are here
laugh.gif

While i liked this Blake signing, i rather have Mike Miller over him.

THIS!

laugh.gif
roll.gif
tired.gif

Seriously.

Shows how many people actually know about how basketball works in here.

Watch...half these dudes claiming "Give Fish a good deal" will be the same ones calling for his head sometime middle of next season. Some fickle minded fools LOL

Every fanbase has its share of bandwagoners, unknowledgable, and fickle fans.

Dont act like this is something new or only applies to Laker fans, get real.

Devin Ebanks is a lock to be a rotation player imo.

But Mitch is an idiot. Fisher is going to be there in the playoffs I get that but,
Steve Blake is not going to replace the fact that you do not have one point guard who is of legit regular season starting quality. every good pg in the league is going to torch you and your dangeriously close to getting slow if not old also. I think they need a 7th man who is going to go get points, and not complain if hes on the bench in the fourth quarter.
Is that guy a pg, or a sf I dont know.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Devin Ebanks is a lock to be a rotation player imo.

But Mitch is an idiot. Fisher is going to be there in the playoffs I get that but,
Steve Blake is not going to replace the fact that you do not have one point guard who is of legit regular season starting quality. every good pg in the league is going to torch you and your dangeriously close to getting slow if not old also. I think they need a 7th man who is going to go get points, and not complain if hes on the bench in the fourth quarter.
Is that guy a pg, or a sf I dont know.
Check Phil's Bulls roster that won 6 rings and name their legit PG.....paxson? kerr? BJ Armstrong? Randy Brown??  
PG's aren't needed in the Triangle.  Sure, we can get a **quality** PG....but I think Phil knows what he's doing.  

Regular season PG = 
sick.gif

Playoff PG = 
pimp.gif
  DFISH

All this griping in here makes it sound like LA didn't just win back-to-back titles. How is Mitch an idiot? The PG FA market is dry this year, if it weren't Blake then who should they have signed... Ridnour or Watson instead? 
ohwell.gif
Obtaining any "regular season" starting PG wouldn't be possible without reinventing the team and trading a key piece.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Anybody know where I can watch game 7 online? I couldn't find the full game on youtube.

nerd.gif

I have some links where you can dl the game. PM me if you want it

Its about 6 gb
Spoiler [+]
2j0hv9l.png

no wonder the lakers never pick any good players unless they are in the lottery

A former cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers,Dallas Cowboys and Golden State Warriors, Laflin began her associationwith the Lakers as a sports broadcaster covering the team for KCAL/KCBSduring its three-title run from 1999-2002.
from cheerleader to broadcaster to LAKERS SCOUT? COME ON SON

SLAM: So you are a family friend of Jerry Buss?
BJL: My dad is.
well that explains it...probably was one of Buss' girls at some point.

This woman gives so many cookie cutter answers in that interview. Pathetic.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/07/the-nbas-only-female-scout/

Steve Blake. My favorite team just signed Steve Blake?! Someone must have owed Blake a favor. That dude does not fit in the NBA let alone fit on the defending world champs. They might as well sign Marbury and Iverson while they're at it
smh.gif

What Steve Blake ya'll talkin bout? Dudes a hooper. And he got heart. Something that can't be taught.

Y'all dude startin to OD, blake is far from trash..........maybe its the 4th of july alcohol talkin, if fish come back we'll be good

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Y'all dude startin to OD, blake is far from trash..........maybe its the 4th of july alcohol talkin, if fish come back we'll be good
lol Steve Blake is trash . Watch him pumping up dumb threes then driving the lane only to go back outside. Don't know why he always seem to be playing well against Lakers though

I in no means am a fan of Mitch cupchack, im happy for what he has done for us, but im not gonna say hes perfect. Regardless, im not complaining and i trust him...why shouldnt i? Just because of a couple bad signings like luke or sasha? No thanks, im looking at the bigger picture. 
Im tired of all of the complaining and whining from everyone. We just won a 2nd championship in a row...what the %@+% is there to be so upset over? Yes i love fisher, if he stays great...if not, he had one hell of a career and i thank him for everything. Then, MOVE ON. Of course we love fish but its a business...jeez, one minute everyone laughs at fish then everyones in tears wanting him back. Flip floppin and @$*$. 
mad.gif
 *cools off*...
ohwell.gif
 okay, now that im calm lets all just settle down a bit
tired.gif
...the off-season is very long theres lots of time for moves to be made. Lets not all jump down Mitch's throat based off of one mid level signing. Enjoy being champs for godsakes... of course as fans were going to discuss our team and analyze, but its not our job to STRESS over the moves...thats the organizations job. 
laugh.gif
 Our jobs to observe and discuss, not revolt and whine. Be grateful people, you act like winning championships just comes easy.
smh.gif

The Mike Miller deal isn't dead just yet...

Source told FOXSports.com the Lakers have given Mike Miller until next Tuesday. Miller, per source, spoke with Kobe last night.
8:29 AM Jul 2nd via TweetDeck

@goodmanonfox
Jeff Goodman

http://www.cbssports.com/.../entry/11838893/22947913
Point guard Steve Blake agreed to a four-year, $16 million deal with the Lakers, insurance in case free agent Derek Fisher leaves, a person with knowledge of the agreement said. The Blake signing probably takes the Lakers out of th running for sharpshooter Mike Miller, but not entirely, the source said. When deals become official July 8, the Lakers would have the option to work out a sign-and-trade with the Clippers for Blake and still give their mid-level exception to Miller. That scenario, however, appears unlikely. Miller also has attracted significant interest from the Knicks and several other teams.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

The Mike Miller deal isn't dead just yet...

Source told FOXSports.com the Lakers have given Mike Miller until next Tuesday. Miller, per source, spoke with Kobe last night.
8:29 AM Jul 2nd via TweetDeck

@goodmanonfox
Jeff Goodman

http://www.cbssports.com/.../entry/11838893/22947913
Point guard Steve Blake agreed to a four-year, $16 million deal with the Lakers, insurance in case free agent Derek Fisher leaves, a person with knowledge of the agreement said. The Blake signing probably takes the Lakers out of th running for sharpshooter Mike Miller, but not entirely, the source said. When deals become official July 8, the Lakers would have the option to work out a sign-and-trade with the Clippers for Blake and still give their mid-level exception to Miller. That scenario, however, appears unlikely. Miller also has attracted significant interest from the Knicks and several other teams.

dont play with my emotions goldenarmz
frown.gif

mike miller signing would take the bad taste out of my mouth from the blake signing...

If Blake is trash what is Chris Duhon?..Toxic waste.

While he isn't s top flight pg, Blake is far from trash.

The pg fs market was limited for us anyway, there weren't many option to begin with.

Great artilce/Blog on hoopshype

HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs - Roland Lazenby
Fisher, Blake and Redick: The rise of the character guys?
July 4, 2010 @ 8:06 pm by Roland Lazenby · Filed under Derek Fisher, JJ Redick, Los Angeles Lakers, Steve Blake

I’m not sure he’s so inclined, but JJ Redick should think about dropping Derek Fisher a thank you note. In fact, all of basketball should probably do it.

Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy is raving privately that Redick is the one guy on his roster who truly cares about the game, that ownership should do everything possible to keep the free agent.

Redick’s work ethic and big-game delivery have also deeply impressed the Boston Celtics and the Atlanta Hawks. Any one of the three teams could wind up giving mid-level exception money to Redick, better than $30 mil over five years.

Meanwhile, journeyman point guard Steve Blake has turned down more money to accept a $16 million, four-year deal with the Los Angeles Lakers.

You could argue that guys like Redick and Blake stand to benefit because the smart teams are realizing that they can buy all the “spent-my-whole-life-on-scholarship

Steve Blake is farr from trash, have you guys even seen this dude play?

First of all he dropped a triple double on US this year in a game where the Clips blew us out.

2nd- Hes a hell of a lot better than that bum Farmar, I still think we need to make another move. I dont think we'd get rid of Odom or Artest, so the only quality trade bait we have are Bynum and who else? Hopefully we can put Luke Walton in a throw in deal for a legitimate PG.

Anyone know if Ebanks is quality or not, he'd be a nice little addition at the SF spot if he can contribute. I think we have Gerald Green in our summer league squad as well, I remember i was SO pissed we past up on him to get Andrew Bynum, boy am I glad im not the Lakers GM
laugh.gif

Hopefully we can somehow acquire Mike Miller and get rid of Luke Waltons contract.

I highly doubt that sign and trade would happen so that we could get Miller, but Luke for Blake would probably match up salary-wise, or at least be pretty close. The Clippers need SF help, right?
laugh.gif

I STILL feel like blake can't be our biggest pickup, so maybe(hopefully) my main man mitch does have something like this up his sleeve
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom