[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

yeah one year deal take it or leave it. it isn't like Fish isn't going to have income coming in, in the near future. He needs to start preparing for the coaching ranks - like luke did when he was injured last season
laugh.gif

Y'all can pretty much dead the whole mike miller talk, with the reported deal blake got, there's no way miller can here

Lakers pull offer to Mike Miller off the table

* By Marwan Marzina | July 3, 2010 | 2010 Off-Season 5 comments

Mike didn’t respond fast enough, his loss.

Twitter: Source told FOXSports.com that the Lakers offer to Mike Miller is no longer on the table following the Steve Blake signing.

Funny, how half these guys saying Fisher needed to be moved during the trade deadline, now wants to give Fish a nice deal.

Shows how many bandwagon fans there are here
laugh.gif

While i liked this Blake signing, i rather have Mike Miller over him.

^ aint that the truth.

And yes, like I mentioned before, Miller would be awesome! Wasn't he teammates with Pau on Memphis? I think Pau should make a phone call... unless they didn't like eachother or something.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Did the Lakers ever talk with Felton?
Felton wants more than the MLE. No way we would have been able to sign him.

We extended Miller's deadline to Tuesday, but I don't think Kupchak wanted to let Blake agree to sign with another team while waiting for Miller only to have Miller decide not to come here, too. Blake was the safe option.

It's highly unlikely Miller will come now, unless he agrees to the rest of the MLE which will be a little less than $3 mil, meaning he would be making less than Sasha, Luke, and Blake.
any hopes of a sign and trade with miller? possibly trade walton? 
whats the word on tmac?

anyways the summer league team looks interesting... if shannon brown leaves maybe gerald green takes over the the high flyer on the squad. 

We extended Miller's deadline to Tuesday, but I don't think Kupchak wanted to let Blake agree to sign with another team while waiting for Miller only to have Miller decide not to come here, too. Blake was the safe option.

It's highly unlikely Miller will come now, unless he agrees to the rest of the MLE which will be a little less than $3 mil, meaning he would be making less than Sasha, Luke, and Blake.
whats the word on tmac?

anyways the summer league team looks interesting... if shannon brown leaves maybe gerald green takes over the the high flyer on the squad. 

whats the word on tmac?

Originally Posted by BangDak

Funny, how half these guys saying Fisher needed to be moved during the trade deadline, now wants to give Fish a nice deal.

Shows how many bandwagon fans there are here
laugh.gif

While i liked this Blake signing, i rather have Mike Miller over him.

C/S everything 100%
laugh.gif
..........and if fish does come back, he'll go back to being P.E#1 to some of them as soon as he has a bad game, or misses a clutch shot

fisher DOES NOT deserve more than 3 million per year. although he had a good playoff showing, he wont be playing that many minutes in the regular season. i see blake and sasha taking a lot of minutes from fish (if he's resigned) to keep him fresh for the playoffs. he needs to set aside his pride and take what the lakers are offering. don't go and sign with another team just for the money. he's got a good thing going here.

Mitch sign Fish to a 2 yr/$9 mil so he can retire a Laker. We need him to 3 peat. Our salary is at $85 mil with 8 roster spots filled. Last year it was at $93 I believe and I know damn well the Lakers made a grip with another Finals run and all those home games. It's been rumored that management has been taking pay cuts and Phil's probably not going to be making $12 mil so Buss should have more money. He'll make it up plus some with another Finals run next season but we CANT do it without Fish.

2010 NBA Summer League Roster:
[table][tr][td]
#
[/td] [td]Name[/td] [td]
Pos
[/td] [td]
HT
[/td] [td]WT[/td] [td]DOB[/td] [td]School[/td] [td]
Pro
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Derrick Caracter[/td] [td]
F/C
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]275[/td] [td]5/4/88[/td] [td]UTEP.[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Devin Ebanks[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]10/28/89[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Gerald Green[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-8
[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]1/26/86[/td] [td]Gulf Shores Academy (TX)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Rob Kurz[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]3/5/85[/td] [td]Notre Dame[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Ibrahim Jaaber[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
6-2
[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]2/3/84[/td] [td]PENN[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Ben McCauley[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]237[/td] [td]9/6/86[/td] [td]NC State[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Andrew Naymick[/td] [td]
C
[/td] [td]
6-11
[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]2/18/85[/td] [td]Michigan St. [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Frank Robinson[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
6-4
[/td] [td]193[/td] [td]6/1/84[/td] [td]CS Fullerton [/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Tyler Sanborn[/td] [td]
C
[/td] [td]
6-10
[/td] [td]270[/td] [td]3/1/88[/td] [td]Guilford College[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Courtney Sims[/td] [td]
C
[/td] [td]
6-11
[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]10/21/83[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]DJ Strawberry[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
6-5
[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]6/15/85[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Head Coach: Chuck Person (Auburn)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assistant Coaches: Bill Bertka (Kent St.), Rasheed Hazzard (George Washington)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trainer: Marco Nunez (Cal Poly Pomona)

What do you guys think about DJ Strawberry or Gerald Green?
[/td][/tr][/table]

Tbh we need fisher back but i know based on what he has done he deserves more than steve blake but hes not going to play as much as he did last season. If it comes down to it i would pay the man 10mil a year for what he does but its a business and they want to make money and get players as low as they can.

I understand what Fish means to us and all that, but I kinda feel Dr. Buss and the front office as a whole. They know they cant pay Fish that much money, but they are giving him the respect to see if he CAN go out there and make that money somewhere else. At that point its all on Fish, if he is the dude that values money more than a ring at this point in his career and a chance at a dynasty again then hey yeah do ya thang get paid. BUT if hes the Fish we hope he is hes gonna come back we're gona give hime a nice two year option, somethin with maybe a team option for a 3rd, who knows what but he'll still be rewarded quite nice. Then we can get back on track for that 3peat!

These playoffs said one thing loud and clear: We cannot win without Derek Fisher.

there must be something going on that we don't know

we can't possibly just sign Blake and re-sign Fisher and think we're going to win another title

we need another big if Powell and Mbenga are gone

we need a backup SG if Shannon is gone, or else we have to rely on Sasha to backup Kobe

we have to somehow free up some more money.....Luke's contract is killing us

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I understand what Fish means to us and all that, but I kinda feel Dr. Buss and the front office as a whole. They know they cant pay Fish that much money, but they are giving him the respect to see if he CAN go out there and make that money somewhere else. At that point its all on Fish, if he is the dude that values money more than a ring at this point in his career and a chance at a dynasty again then hey yeah do ya thang get paid. BUT if hes the Fish we hope he is hes gonna come back we're gona give hime a nice two year option, somethin with maybe a team option for a 3rd, who knows what but he'll still be rewarded quite nice. Then we can get back on track for that 3peat!

This is wrong. If Buss can pay Luke freaking Walton 5 mil a year and Sasha 5 mil a year, he can damn sure pay Fish 5 mil a year. He is INVALUABLE to this squad.

Like AG said, we CANNOT win another title without Fish. He gave back 8 mil when he left Utah and his contributions since coming back to LA speak for themselves. Pay the man.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

This is wrong. If Buss can pay Luke freaking Walton 5 mil a year and Sasha 5 mil a year, he can damn sure pay Fish 5 mil a year. He is INVALUABLE to this squad.

Like AG said, we CANNOT win another title without Fish. He gave back 8 mil when he left Utah and his contributions since coming back to LA speak for themselves. Pay the man.
Luke and Sasha were younger, and still had that "potential" label to somewhat justify their signings at the time. Plus, I believe when they got those deals teams were giving out the MLE like it was Monopoly money...times have changed.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

we can't possibly just sign Blake and re-sign Fisher and think we're going to win another title

we need a backup SG if Shannon is gone, or else we have to rely on Sasha to backup Kobe

laugh.gif
I can't help but think that also, steve blake cannot be our biggest pickup of the off season, with all due respect to the dude, he is not worth losing shannon, jordan, and potentially fish over

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

laugh.gif
I can't help but think that also, steve blake cannot be our biggest pickup of the off season, with all due respect to the dude, he is not worth losing shannon, jordan, and potentially fish over
there has to be,  i doubt phil would come back knowing that they would lose fisher, farmar, and shannon brown while picking up steve blake.

i think in the end fisher and shannon stay and i would much rather have blake who knows his role be on the team then ears who thinks he's entitled to the starting job because he's been on the team for 4 seasons.

They will sign a veteran big man for the vet minimum, and a backup SG for the vet minimum. Kurt Thomas and Raja Bell come to mind.

Sasha can be the backup PG, I don't see a problem with that. He's better than Farmar and Brown when he is on his game.

Back
Top Bottom