[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

laugh.gif
@ Noble...I'm sure he'll have whatever team Bron is on winning the title next season.

Blake is a decent pickup. I thought the MLE was round 6 mil a year, does that mean we could get someone else with the remaining 2 mil. All we need is T-Mac to sign and we're set
laugh.gif

Free-agent buzz: Blake joining Lakers

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 13 minutes ago

Email
Print

Free-agent point guard Steve Blake has reached agreement on a four-year, $16 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Before the Lakers secured a commitment from Blake, general manager Mitch Kupchak had Bucks point guard Luke Ridnour willing to take a four-year, $12 million offer, a league source says. The Lakers then gave Blake a deadline of Friday afternoon to accept their four-year, $16 million offer.

Once Blake did, the Lakers obtained the kind of savvy point guard to eventually transition from Derek Fisher.

Blake broke the news of his agreement on the radio show of Oregonian columnist John Canzano.

Blake was traded to the Los Angeles Clippers by the Portland Trail Blazers in February and averaged 6.8 points and 6.1 points in 29 games for them.

This idiot & his deadlines, great negotiating tactics i'll tell ya what....
indifferent.gif

what the hell ? how are you going to offer fisher 2.5 mill and then offer steve blake a 4 mill contract? what kind of backward stuff is that?

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Yeah, Mitch sure is an idiot. Pfft...Pau Gasol trade? Wack. Signing Fisher again? Wack. Signing Ron Artest? Psh...like he helped. Yeah, Mitch sure has been an idiot for us...boy, the things our team could do if we didnt have an idiot for a GM. 
eyes.gif

This is also the guy who signed Luke & Sasha to long term deals, traded Caron Butler for Kwame & wants D-Fish to take less than Steve Blake. The deals you mentioned were due to a cost cutting owner & 2 guys who had an affinity for the Lakers, they weren't due to Mitch's genius...
indifferent.gif
Relax with the stoneface son 
indifferent.gif
. im an optimistic guy who likes to look at the positives. Yes, positives like 2 championships in a row. Mitch aint a genius, he has made mistakes of course, Luke is one id agree...but im still on that championship high so if you aint feelin my posts sue me. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

what the hell ? how are you going to offer fisher 2.5 mill and then offer steve blake a 4 mill contract? what kind of backward stuff is that?

exactly.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by NobleKane

why do u guys like steve blake??? he is #!@!%@# GARBAGE. dude has worse numbers than jordan farmar with more minutes! this +%%+#! is 30 years old too!

pathetic man...

goodbye 3 peat.
Noble I hate to say this...but most of the stuff that the Lakers front office does that you don't like usaully works for us....LOL

believe me i would love for blake to come in and prove my hate wrong but its frickin steve blake!!!!
laugh.gif

dude has been tossed around by some of the worst franchises in the nba and we pay 4 mill for this guy?? we blow the mle on him?? wheres miller? wheres tmac? and again they go from miller to blake??? and waste the mle smh. if they pay blake 4 mill they better pay fisher 6 mill
The lakers probably offered the MLE to miller and he did not take it. What can they do about that? Tmac is a veteran minimum type of player so he can still be signed. Dude is made of glass so risking more than the vet min is not a good look. Morrow is a restricted free agent so the warriors can match the lakers low ball offer.

I don't think the lakers can afford to wait it out considering the ridiculous contracts scrubs have been getting.

roll.gif
@ ridnour. dude is a homeless man's steve blake

also, blake is a major upgrade over shannon and farmar at the PG spot. Those dudes were shoot first and turnover second guys. They suck at shooting too. A 3point shooting first pass pg is better and cheaper.

FISHER NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED THOUGH. It will be a failure if he is not resigned.

Oh, I dunno, it might have something to do with AGE. Look at his numbers- they're spiraling downward in every category.

How much do you think a 36-year old player who shoots his age in percentage and can't defend any of the 28 starting PGs in the NBA deserves? This is how you run a successful business, son.

Originally Posted by knightngale

FISHER NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED THOUGH. It will be a failure if he is not resigned.

this

ill say this though if fisher returns, i rather have blake who knows his role and wants to play for a world champion team then farmar who would rather start for the indiana pacers.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Yeah, Mitch sure is an idiot. Pfft...Pau Gasol trade? Wack. Signing Fisher again? Wack. Signing Ron Artest? Psh...like he helped. Yeah, Mitch sure has been an idiot for us...boy, the things our team could do if we didnt have an idiot for a GM. 
eyes.gif
QFT

2010 NBA Summer League Schedule:
[table][tr][td]
Day
[/td] [td]
Date
[/td] [td]
Time
[/td] [td]
Opponent
[/td] [td]
Friday
[/td] [td]
July 9
[/td] [td]
5:00pm
[/td] [td]
Lakers vs. Pistons
[/td] [td]
Cox Pavillion
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Saturday
[/td] [td]
July 10
[/td] [td]
3:00pm
[/td] [td]
Lakers vs. Nuggets
[/td] [td]
Cox Pavillion
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Monday
[/td] [td]
July 12
[/td] [td]
1:00pm
[/td] [td]
Lakers vs. Knicks
[/td] [td]
Cox Pavillion
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Tuesday
[/td] [td]
July 13
[/td] [td]
5:30pm
[/td] [td]
Lakers vs. Kings
[/td] [td]
Thomas & Mack Center
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Thursday
[/td] [td]
July 15
[/td] [td]
1:00pm
[/td] [td]
Lakers vs. Spurs
[/td] [td]
Cox Pavillion
[/td] [/tr][/table]
2010 NBA Summer League Roster:
[table][tr][td]
#
[/td] [td]
Name
[/td] [td]
Pos
[/td] [td]
HT
[/td] [td]
WT
[/td] [td]
DOB
[/td] [td]
School
[/td] [td]
Pro
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Derrick Caracter
[/td] [td]
F/C
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
5/4/88
[/td] [td]
UTEP.
[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Devin Ebanks
[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
10/28/89
[/td] [td]
West Virginia
[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Gerald Green
[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-8
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
1/26/86
[/td] [td]
Gulf Shores Academy (TX)
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Rob Kurz
[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
3/5/85
[/td] [td]
Notre Dame
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Ibrahim Jaaber
[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
6-2
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
2/3/84
[/td] [td]
PENN
[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Ben McCauley
[/td] [td]
F
[/td] [td]
6-9
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
9/6/86
[/td] [td]
NC State
[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Andrew Naymick
[/td] [td]
C
[/td] [td]
6-11
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
2/18/85
[/td] [td]
Michigan St.
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Frank Robinson
[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
6-4
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
6/1/84
[/td] [td]
CS Fullerton
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Tyler Sanborn
[/td] [td]
C
[/td] [td]
6-10
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
3/1/88
[/td] [td]
Guilford College
[/td] [td]
R
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
Courtney Sims
[/td] [td]
C
[/td] [td]
6-11
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
10/21/83
[/td] [td]
Michigan
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
DJ Strawberry
[/td] [td]
G
[/td] [td]
6-5
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
6/15/85
[/td] [td]
Maryland
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Head Coach: Chuck Person (Auburn)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Assistant Coaches: Bill Bertka (Kent St.), Rasheed Hazzard (George Washington)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Trainer: Marco Nunez (Cal Poly Pomona)
[/td][/tr][/table]
LetGeraldGreenDunk.com

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I mentioned this in the FA thread but the Lakers are doing Fisher wrong if they're offering him less money than Steve Blake. Doesn't matter how old Fish is, the fact is he's still contributing and helping the team win championships. You just don't lowball one of the leaders and captain of the team especially after he just helped you win another ring. I don't blame him if he wants to leave because it's not right if guys like Sasha, Luke and now Steve Blake are making more money than him.

Don't get me wrong, Steve Blake is a solid player and I think he'll do well with the Lakers. But is he really a good signing if it cost's the team both Farmar and Fish?

Good signing, its not like any top flight pg's were available anyway...The market was limited from the gate.

I can see Blake being effective, he'll have a ton of open space with all the attention Pau & Kobe get.

I do hope they sign Fish back though, i dont care how old he is...His leadership is underated and hes clutch as $&^!.

Originally Posted by America Bambaataa

Oh, I dunno, it might have something to do with AGE. Look at his numbers- they're spiraling downward in every category.

How much do you think a 36-year old player who shoots his age in percentage and can't defend any of the 28 starting PGs in the NBA deserves? This is how you run a successful business, son.
lol i dont give a f how young steve blake is .. id rather have fisher, the leader of this team on this team rather than that guy who has no playoff experience.
roll.gif

dont come to me with that "this is how you run a business" stuff .. you just dont disrespect a guy like fisher like that.. especially after how he always comes up big in the playoffs.

I was hoping we would have fish before we signed a point

Damn pay fish though and I'm confident he will (hopefully)

As for Blake I'm not familiar with him as much but everytime he played us he would always have a good night then again we always make opposing point guards look like all-stars

If they gave blake 4 mil a season fish BETTER get his money.

Fish means as much to this team as Kobe does. Not on the court but off the court. Leadership....

Kobe hasn't won a ring without him....

I don't mind the Steve Blake signing, he's a very servicable PG.

Fisher is just testing the waters, but he knows where his heart it. A lot of people are piss about the offer that was given to him are probably the same dudes that bashed him all year
laugh.gif

Gerald Green come wit it homie
smokin.gif

smh.gif

the main thing that i do not like about this is that Mitch offered Blake 4 million for 4 years, a player who has not tested when it matters most, and then he tries to lowball Fisher, a 5-time champion that has put the Lakers in the position to win the championship many times with his clutch shots and leadership. And Blake is going to be a bench player?
#%% is that? smh

I have a feeling Fish will walk, Blake will be the starter, and Sasha will be backup guard..smh PAY FISH FIRST

lol gerald greeen....man... wasnt he projected to be picked by the lakers when he was drafted? who did we pick instead of him? he was supposed to be the next tmac
laugh.gif

the dude ebanks needs to work on his threes. he actually looks like ariza
laugh.gif

Fish deserve at least 5 millions. He suck during the regular season but this guy is a champion when it come playoff time. He's the guy that would shoot threes in clutch moment and would provide help to Kobe. I don't see us repeating if Fish is not on the squad.

Back
Top Bottom