Winter Shoe-wear - Vol. Walking in the snow

Thought I'd be interested in getting the Native Fitzsimmons, but took a 180 and am buying a pair of LL Bean Boots instead.

Quality, longevity, and function pretty much sold it for me.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Thought I'd be interested in getting the Native Fitzsimmons, but took a 180 and am buying a pair of LL Bean Boots instead.

Made the same decision with the exact same 2 pairs of boots.

The Natives would last me 1 winter (judging from how beat up my other Natives over the summer got)
The Bean Boots will most likely last me the rest of my life.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Made the same decision with the exact same 2 pairs of boots.

The Natives would last me 1 winter (judging from how beat up my other Natives over the summer got)
The Bean Boots will most likely last me the rest of my life.

Bump.

Had to stand out in the cold for an extended period of time and my toes felt like they was about to fall off.
30t6p3b.gif

What's a good brand of wool socks? And should one pair be enough or should I double up (when wearing)?

Bump.

Had to stand out in the cold for an extended period of time and my toes felt like they was about to fall off.
30t6p3b.gif

What's a good brand of wool socks? And should one pair be enough or should I double up (when wearing)?

Sorel Caribou for the non-city dwellers living in harsh winter conditions. I've had winter boots from Frye, RL, Red Wing and theyre all fantastic leather products but I can't be outside for too long in -30C weather for long without my feet starting to freeze regardless of what socks I use. Ive had the sorel caribou for 4-5yrs and that thing is just about as rugged as you can get. anything from snowblowing, hiking short distances in the winter, ice fishing etc.. its my go to boot. Heres the Sorel x Concepts collab, I need this!
sorel_both_01.jpg

concepts-x-sorel-1964-premium-0.jpg

Sorel Caribou for the non-city dwellers living in harsh winter conditions. I've had winter boots from Frye, RL, Red Wing and theyre all fantastic leather products but I can't be outside for too long in -30C weather for long without my feet starting to freeze regardless of what socks I use. Ive had the sorel caribou for 4-5yrs and that thing is just about as rugged as you can get. anything from snowblowing, hiking short distances in the winter, ice fishing etc.. its my go to boot. Heres the Sorel x Concepts collab, I need this!
sorel_both_01.jpg

These are the some of the boots that I wear to the office.
I Haven't had time to take any pics of my boots that I wear casually.

These are the some of the boots that I wear to the office.
I Haven't had time to take any pics of my boots that I wear casually.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

sorel_both_01.jpg

Do these fit true? I wear a 13 in Nike. Looking at the Caribou Wool.

eek.gif
@ the price of the Stingrays.

sorel_both_01.jpg

eek.gif

Timberland Mukluks...I think I bought these 5 years ago.  Not that stylish, but they keep my feet warm and dry when I walk around in the snow and freezing cold.

Timberland Mukluks...I think I bought these 5 years ago.  Not that stylish, but they keep my feet warm and dry when I walk around in the snow and freezing cold.

sorel_both_01.jpg

i need this link?

sorel_both_01.jpg

i need this link?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

eek.gif
They do fit true to size with consideration that you'd be wearing decently thick boot socks. The stingrays are crazy expensive, i dont know if they still do but they made the caribou with ostrich leather in a brown color that looked amazing too. remember that being in the $400-500 range.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

eek.gif
They do fit true to size with consideration that you'd be wearing decently thick boot socks. The stingrays are crazy expensive, i dont know if they still do but they made the caribou with ostrich leather in a brown color that looked amazing too. remember that being in the $400-500 range.

Back
Top Bottom